"Manhole" Is Now "Maintenance Hole"

The city voted Tuesday night to replace gendered terms in its municipal codes, like “manhole” and “manpower,” with gender-neutral ones like “maintenance hole” and “human effort.”

Seems pretty arbitrary. Does this mean we now call a male anus a "Democrat hole"?

Gendered Language Like 'Manhole' Will Soon Be Banned From Berkeley's City Codes

For most jobs involving going down a manhole, the women's movement was smart enough to say "you know what guys?. You can keep that one"

The city voted Tuesday night to replace gendered terms in its municipal codes, like “manhole” and “manpower,” with gender-neutral ones like “maintenance hole” and “human effort.”

Seems pretty arbitrary. Does this mean we now call a male anus a "Democrat hole"?

While I realize this is the very grave and serious politics forum, I can't help but mention I've always preferred "woman-hole" anyway.

Last edited:

While I realize this is the very grave and serious politics forum, I can't help but mentioning I've always preferred "woman-hole" anyway.

A specific one, or "all of the above"?

Well, Do you live in Berkeley?

Does this affect you in any way...

Remember your guys don't mind kids dying in there care...

Well, guess we got to find a new name for Man Cave.

I never understood the feminist angst over man caves. What it actually implies is that this is the one room the guy has control over, and his wife/partner runs the rest of the house.

Unfortunately, not so in my house. Sure, I've got a den/office loaded with my man-stuff but she still rearranges everything in there from time to time. I'd padlock the door but she's got bolt cutters, so . . .

So how does a woman not being able to get an abortion in Alabama affect you?

Well, guess we got to find a new name for Man Cave.

I never understood the feminist angst over man caves. What it actually implies is that this is the one room the guy has control over, and his wife/partner runs the rest of the house.

Unfortunately, not so in my house. Sure, I've got a den/office loaded with my man-stuff but she still rearranges everything in there from time to time. I'd padlock the door but she's got bolt cutters, so . . .

Low voltage booby traps. Just enough to tickle, not enough to stun.

It affects the culture, therefore yes, it affects me. I have no intention of adopting Newspeak. I do not see four fingers.

They had to go with Maintenance Hole, because Woman Hole didn't quite have the connotation they were looking for.

This move (and others like) it is the deliberate, planned, slow and methodical erosion of western culture.

This is the Frankfurt School's plan of action being carried out.

Snowflakes are now 'offended' / 'threatened' by the term 'MANHOLE'?!

:lmao:Bwuhahahahahahaha

I've lived in this deeply psychotic Bay Area all 46 years of my life, and I assure that Berkley is the one city which makes even San Franshitsco itself look normal and moderate. In the Bay Area, you won't find a greater hive of violent, bloodthirsty, American-hating, screaming leftist train wrecks; that city is the ultimate vessel of failed humanity.

Or like Obi-Wan Kenobi said in Star Wars, "You will never find a greater hive of scum and villainy."

Forum List

Back