Manhattan Italian restaurants

Babbo is very good, although it is a bit expensive. I think it is on Waverly in the village. It is best to get a reservation, but if it is a Tuesday or Wednesday, you can probably wait for about 20 minutes and grab one of the two open tables they keep in the front. The risotto is very good.

In Little Italy, I would suggest Benito II. Neither is in mid-town, but it is a quick subway ride.

Babbo is very good, although it is a bit expensive. I think it is on Waverly in the village. It is best to get a reservation, but if it is a Tuesday or Wednesday, you can probably wait for about 20 minutes and grab one of the two open tables they keep in the front. The risotto is very good.

In Little Italy, I would suggest Benito II. Neither is in mid-town, but it is a quick subway ride.

Ohhhhhh... I thought he was looking for restaurants in midtown! Benito II is where we always go in Little Italy. Always solid and reliable, though I generally to stay in Brooklyn for Italian food. I haven't been to Babbo because I didn't like Po, but it always gets great write ups.

Just so long as he stays away from Carmines. ;)

Ohhhhhh... I thought he was looking for restaurants in midtown! Benito II is where we always go in Little Italy. Always solid and reliable, though I generally to stay in Brooklyn for Italian food. I haven't been to Babbo because I didn't like Po, but it always gets great write ups.

Just so long as he stays away from Carmines. ;)

I have always heard mixed reviews about Po, but it is no longer owned by Mario Batali. He gave it up some time ago. I think it has probably gone downhill since then. I miss New York. :(

I have always heard mixed reviews about Po, but it is no longer owned by Mario Batali. He gave it up some time ago. I think it has probably gone downhill since then. I miss New York. :(

You're right, I just checked. Looks like he gave up Po in 2000. Didn't realize.

yeah... I have a pretty cool city. ;o)

I'm thinking that if he wants to stay in midtown, Il Gattopardo might be a good idea. I'm hearing a lot of good things about it, though i haven't been there myself.

Il Gattopardo
33 W 54th St, New York 10019
Btwn 5th & 6th Ave
Phone: 212-246-0412

realy, the only response to this is yankees suck, go to boston instead.

heh...my uncle has in appartment right in manhattan so i know it a bit. What's your price range? personally i've always loved pomodoro's but that's just where we go for fun, and probably wouldn't be anywhere nice to take your family, or whatever.

realy, the only response to this is yankees suck, go to boston instead.

heh...my uncle has in appartment right in manhattan so i know it a bit. What's your price range? personally i've always loved pomodoro's but that's just where we go for fun, and probably wouldn't be anywhere nice to take your family, or whatever.

Boston has some 'good eats!'

I'm thinking that if he wants to stay in midtown, Il Gattopardo might be a good idea. I'm hearing a lot of good things about it, though i haven't been there myself.

Il Gattopardo
33 W 54th St, New York 10019
Btwn 5th & 6th Ave
Phone: 212-246-0412

Thanks, jillian. I believe it's 50's West. Thanks for the heads up on Carmine's too. I saw that but wasn't sure about it.

Thanks, Reilly. I'll see if I can make it over there too.

if ya got money or the company is paying for it :D,

Aperitivo's w56th between 5th and 6th(avenue of the americas)

THE BEST ITALIAN RESTAURANT THAT EXITS IN NEW YORK CITY BY FAR! lol

get the grilled veal chop, it is 3 inches thick, no less!!!

a quaint, small but elegant, authentic, italian restaurant!!! call for reservations unless you are eating early like 6pm, otherwise at 8pm it is jammed packed! 212-765-5155

also on italian .... place called: Petaluma 1st at 73rd. it is a bigger place and i would recommend these fried green olives that they have as an appetizer!!!

the Stage Deli is a good deli on 7th ave between 53rd/54th...met howie mandel there 10 years ago! lol

Carnegie Deli on 7th ave between 56th and 57th is awesome!

both have deli sandwiches 5 inches high....i would recommend the hot pastrami on rye, with mustard and swiss....and the pickles on the tables are great!

care

Glad you found good food here.

If the NYC Jewgirl can interject, since Second Avenue Deli closed, the NY Deli world hasn't been the same. Katz's on Houston St. is good, but the pastrami's greasy... great hot dogs and fries tho (at least last time i was there). And Ben's Deli is always reliable... great pastrami, turkey, etc.

Glad you found good food here.

If the NYC Jewgirl can interject, since Second Avenue Deli closed, the NY Deli world hasn't been the same. Katz's on Houston St. is good, but the pastrami's greasy... great hot dogs and fries tho (at least last time i was there). And Ben's Deli is always reliable... great pastrami, turkey, etc.

i retired young :) about 7 years ago, but was in nyc about once every 3 months for 10 days at a time the previous 15 years for trade shows/market and sometimes in between makets....no place has better food, period! lol

i lived in bensonhurst and bayridge, in brooklyn off and on as a kid, part of my 1st grade, 3rd grade, 5th grade, 8th grade, 9th, & part of 10th grade
all in brooklyn, new jersey for 11th, and 12th.....my grandparents lived in brooklyn....

Forum List

Back