Mandatory Sentencing Laws?

The "mandatory sentencing laws" are one of the main reasons why the American Prison population is one of the highest, if not the highest, of all industrialized nations in the world.With no end insight.

Wouldn't criminals be the main reason of a high prison population?

Liberals have not met a black criminal they could not root for yet. Well until they move into THEIR neighborhood, then it is a different story altogether. As for 52 he is just upset that his race is so full of criminals most of the adult males are locked up. And the rest are hiding from the women they knocked up.

Blow their heads off, and there's no room for a repeat offense.

Problem solved.

Hell, there's no need for sentencing, either.
Revealing... so you want to kill them before they're ever sentenced to death?

This certainly seems to imply you want to kill the accused without any need for a trial or hearing of the evidence.

Would you care to rephrase?

Not really. If they're found guilty, why should there be any chance for a second offense?

Blow their heads off, and there's no room for a repeat offense.

Problem solved.

Hell, there's no need for sentencing, either.

This certainly seems to imply you want to kill the accused without any need for a trial or hearing of the evidence.

Not really. If they're found guilty, why should there be any chance for a second offense?

Funny, now you want to kill them 'for a second offense', which is not what you said.

If you were an honest sort, you'd just admit that you're a stupid fuck who made a moronic comment and own up to it

If you were an honest sort, you'd just admit that you're a stupid fuck who made a moronic comment and own up to it

You mean like if someone accused over 2 billion people of advocating rape, slavery and stoning children to death? :eusa_whistle:

Funny, now you want to kill them 'for a second offense', which is not what you said.

Wrong. I said there shouldn't be any room for a second offense. Kill them when found guilty for the FIRST offense. Some people just don't deserve to live.

Learn to read, you lying sack of worthless, basement dwelling shit.

As a matter of principle, I oppose all mandatory sentencing laws (not just hate crime laws). I do quite simply because every crime is unique and as such, they should all be considered on a case by case basis (no pun intended). Mandatory sentencing laws take judgement away from judges and justice out of the hands of justices.

Discuss

I agree, however the reason we have them is because Judges were NOT sentencing criminals to appropriate times. I would suggest we go after Judges that think criminals should not get the appropriate time.

What makes you convinced that this is a real problem at all? No doubt we can all give examples of poor judgement exercised in sentecing decisions, but is it really a rampant enough problem that requires legislative remedy? I'm not convinced of that at all. To me it's analogous to Chris using statistics about gun violence to advance the argument that we should overturn the 2nd Amendment. I don't buy it there and I don't buy it here either. I'd rather leave judgement in the hands of judges, accepting that sometimes they get it wrong, than embark on a path toward the draconian alternative.

Forum List

Back