Manafort Sentenced

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
Credit for time served.

81 additional months. Some will run concurrently.

About 7 years.

CNN reporting another 3 1/2 years.

Be out November of 2024

Manafort’s lost every cent he owned. A pardon is not going to bring that back.

What shocks me is the massive support for criminals that come from the Republican Party. Remember when they used to be the party of Law and order? Now they are the party of Vladimir Putin, sexual assault and crime.

So what’s next for Manafort?

Hardly any juice has been squeezed from that berry.

Prosecutors and law-enforcement aren’t going to make the mistake of double Jeopardy.

No, they know better than that. I bet you they left plenty in case something like this happened and Paul Manafort got a light sentence. All he lost was everything he owned and half a dozen years for being a traitor to the United States. There still more there, there.

Let’s see if some new charges pop up.

District attorney just filed another indictment for mortgage fraud :lol:

Trump will pardon him. White collar crime has become a thing to be admired in the GOP
Manafort was just sentenced by New York state. Trump cannot pardon that one:
New York Charges Paul Manafort With 16 Crimes. If He’s Convicted, Trump Can’t Pardon Him.
The new state charges against Mr. Manafort are contained in a 16-count indictment that alleges a yearlong scheme in which he falsified business records to obtain millions of dollars in loans, Mr. Vance said in a news release after the federal sentencing.

“No one is beyond the law in New York,” he said, adding that the investigation by the prosecutors in his office had “yielded serious criminal charges for which the defendant has not been held accountable.”

These guys are professionals. No double jeopardy here. And the new attorney general in New York ran on taking down criminals.

Be out November of 2024
Will, what's your take on Manafort's confinement. Lots of folks are saying he will get a plush cell, but it's still prison and regimen and loss of freedom. Do you think it will be a piece of cake for him or will he stop and wait at doors for the rest of his life no matter where he resides, in or out?

Be out November of 2024
Will, what's your take on Manafort's confinement. Lots of folks are saying he will get a plush cell, but it's still prison and regimen and loss of freedom. Do you think it will be a piece of cake for him or will he stop and wait at doors for the rest of his life no matter where he resides, in or out?
semi plush, at best.
Too high profile for less

Be out November of 2024

I'll bet his sentence is commuted after Trumps win his second term.
Compared to trump, Maniford a small fry.
If the new attorney general of New York can get 16 felony charges against Manafort, imagine what she can get against Trump. And these are state charges, not federal charges so there are no pardons. No commuting.
And the prison is different.

Manafort’s lost every cent he owned. A pardon is not going to bring that back.

What shocks me is the massive support for criminals that come from the Republican Party. Remember when they used to be the party of Law and order? Now they are the party of Vladimir Putin, sexual assault and crime.

Mr. Manafort is a first time, non-violent offender, Dean.

If he was a young black kid or an Illegal Alien in the same situation, I think libs would say something quite different about giving him a Life Sentence in solitary confinement.

It has nothing to do with Uncle Pooty, just a belief in the idea that people can be rehabilitated.

BTW, Manafort actually COOPERATED and still will be serving life. I think that others that would think about cooperating with the Mule should take note.

Be out November of 2024

I'll bet his sentence is commuted after Trumps win his second term.
Compared to trump, Maniford a small fry.
If the new attorney general of New York can get 16 felony charges against Manafort, imagine what she can get against Trump. And these are state charges, not federal charges so there are no pardons. No commuting.
And the prison is different.

“Just wait. Any day now imagine what New York will do. “

Lol. You are a laughing stock.

Prosecutors and law-enforcement aren’t going to make the mistake of double Jeopardy.

No, they know better than that. I bet you they left plenty in case something like this happened and Paul Manafort got a light sentence. All he lost was everything he owned and half a dozen years for being a traitor to the United States. There still more there, there.

Maanfort is in prison for life, even after cooperation. Any one who talks to an investigator now , after they saw what happened to Paul Manafort- life imprisonment in solitary confinement even after he spilled his guts,would be crazy to talk now.

Why are you so happy about this?

A non-violent first time offender going to prison for life is something new for America. The other shoe will drop, and the day will come when libs get treated the same. Remember how Max Robespierre got his comeuppance.

Forum List

Back