Man Wants to Eat Children

What in the world is going on in our civilization that produces people like this? Is it the slow but steady isolation creeping into our world through technology or is it we just happen to hear about more weirdos?

Man who plotted to kill and eat children gets more than 26 years - CNN.com

These people always have existed, its just that technology coupled with the media's need and desire to report stories like this exposes us to the fact that they DO exist.

These people just existed under the radar until recently.

What in the world is going on in our civilization that produces people like this? Is it the slow but steady isolation creeping into our world through technology or is it we just happen to hear about more weirdos?

These people always have existed, its just that technology coupled with the media's need and desire to report stories like this exposes us to the fact that they DO exist.

I'd say in this case the media should be reporting these stories so people can be aware of who is around their children. Did you catch that one of the co-conspirators worked in a hospital in a unit for terminally ill children?

I'd say in this case the media should be reporting these stories so people can be aware of who is around their children. Did you catch that one of the co-conspirators worked in a hospital in a unit for terminally ill children?

Bank robbers go to banks, jewel thieves go to jewelry stores, why is anyone surprised that kid-touchers work in jobs related to being around children?

Ever heard of Japan's famous cannibal, Issei Sagawa? He only ate one woman (well, that we know of ). While studying in France, he invited a female classmate over to study, then killed her and ate from her body over a period of days. When he went to dispose of what remained of the body, he was caught. Through some international glitches he managed to get away with the crime once he was returned to his native Japan. He was quite a celebrity for a while. He said that the urge to eat people first came upon him when he was a child.

Japan?s Most Famous Cannibal | Tofugu)

Last edited:
Don't forget whatshisname...the old man that liked just the thighs and buttocks of children. Albert Fish I think his name was.

These "people" need to be put down as rabid bacteria....not hosted in a prison.

I once read a book about the Donner Party, who were stuck in the mountain pass for the winter and had to resort to eating their dead to survive. Except, apparently some of them weren't waiting for people to die, they were killing them. And once they were rescued, there were some who still craved human flesh.

I'd eat it if I had to in order to survive. There was that rugby team whose plane crashed in the Andes, I think it was 1972. They had to consume the flesh of those who died in order to survive. A couple of them finally walked out and got help, they were up in those mountains a few weeks before being rescued. It turned out that the only ones who survived were the ones who had consumed the human flesh.

Yeah, I'd eat it. But I sure hope I don't ever have to!

Oh...and cannibals, freaks and perverts are nothing new. We just hear about it more now because our capability of transmitting information is so great compared to yesteryear.

There's probably "someone" out in the Universe somewhere observing us and saying, "OMG! They eat baby animals!"

Or maybe they're saying..."Hmmm, unlimited source of food on that planet. All we have to do is corral them up and give them something to keep them calm and happy. They do seem kind of rowdy." (referring to us, that is) :)

Last edited:
This shocks the senses, Portway went by the moniker "Fat Longpig" during his online chats, according to court documents...Also found in the house were handcuffs, rope intended for bondage, mouth gags, and castration tools. A large box of frozen raw chicken, near a handful of disposable scalpels, was photographed by investigators near two industrial-sized freezers."

Now the authorities have all the tools to start implementing a just punishment to this creep.

I once read a book about the Donner Party, who were stuck in the mountain pass for the winter and had to resort to eating their dead to survive. Except, apparently some of them weren't waiting for people to die, they were killing them. And once they were rescued, there were some who still craved human flesh.

I'd eat it if I had to in order to survive. There was that rugby team whose plane crashed in the Andes, I think it was 1972. They had to consume the flesh of those who died in order to survive. A couple of them finally walked out and got help, they were up in those mountains a few weeks before being rescued. It turned out that the only ones who survived were the ones who had consumed the human flesh.

Yes... the case of the Uruguayan rugby team is well known... they were rescued 72 days later and one of them said he had to eat a piece of his friend to survive and he said it was a repugnant act...but then he thought of his mother and wanted to do the best to see her again...so he just swallowed the piece.

I would not mind being eaten ....so what I would be dead anyway ..it wouldn't matter anymore and others would live. It's all good!

My question is how did this guy get into the US...

His wedding picture for his new digs
509264-geoffrey-portway.jpg

I am so glad that after spending 27 years in the pokey he will get a one way ticket back to the UK..

There was a case of cannibalism of three British sailors who ship had sunk and were in a lifeboat. A sailor was killed and eaten. The survivors made it back to civilization and were tried. It was established that necessity is no defense to murder. I would eat someone if I needed to survive then get three hots and a cot on the State when I came back home.

"R v Dudley and Stephens (1884) 14 QBD 273 DC is a leading English criminal case which established a precedent, throughout the common law world, that necessity is not a defence to a charge of murder. It concerned survival cannibalism following a shipwreck and its purported justification on the basis of a Custom of the Sea. It marked the culmination of a long history of attempts by the law, in the face of public opinion sympathetic to castaways, to outlaw the custom and it became something of a cause célèbre in Victorian Britain."

R v Dudley and Stephens

This shocks the senses, Portway went by the moniker "Fat Longpig" during his online chats, according to court documents...Also found in the house were handcuffs, rope intended for bondage, mouth gags, and castration tools. A large box of frozen raw chicken, near a handful of disposable scalpels, was photographed by investigators near two industrial-sized freezers."

Now the authorities have all the tools to start implementing a just punishment to this creep.

"Buzzards gotta eat. Worms too." - Josie Wales

Forum List

Back