Man uses Civilian AK-47 rifle to kill two robbers....they had guns too...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yep...this is not an Assault rifle, it is a civilian model of the AK-47, so no, it isn't a military weapon.....the military version of this weapon is what French criminals like to use, and muslim terrorists in Europe....

Memphis Home Owner Uses AK-47 to Defend Against Two Attackers - The Truth About Guns

Modern sporting rifles are effective home defense tools. They’re easy to use, have sufficient power and the capacity to handle multiple assailants with standard capacity, commonly available magazines. Case in point: this story from Memphis, Tennessee in which a homeowner got into a gunfight with two armed burglars.

From wmcactionnews.com:

“I see my house being ransacked and the dog was still going hysterical in the cage,” he said. “When he saw me he notified the other individual that was with him, ‘hey, they are here.'”

That’s the moment he said when the suspected burglars pulled out guns, but he was able to get to a hall closet to get his.

“I had my own personal AK-47,” he said. …

“I don’t know what’s going on but I know I’m going to defend my life to the best of my ability,” he said.

Both burglars were killed by the homeowner.

MPD said the man responsible for the shootings was detained but later released. The District Attorney General’s office determined that no charges will be filed at this time.

Modern sporting rifles — guns that are mischaracterized by anti-gunners as “weapons of war” — were designed with reliability and defense against multiple assailants in mind. Those who want a disarmed population work hard to outlaw them despite the fact that these rifles are seldom involved in crimes, suicides, or accidents, all of which are predominated by pistols.

It doesnt matter if its legal and not a military grade weapon. All that matters is that it LOOKS like a military grade weapon. We need to ban scary LOOKING guns. There are more dangerous legal guns out there, like shotguns, but they don't LOOK scary. Get with the program man.

So much hoopla about evil black AR-15 style rifles and yet, the left is so uninformed that they know nothing about the AK-47's variants. I opted for an AK instead of the AR platform because of their reliability and because they've been around since the late 1940's.

So much hoopla about evil black AR-15 style rifles and yet, the left is so uninformed that they know nothing about the AK-47's variants. I opted for an AK instead of the AR platform because of their reliability and because they've been around since the late 1940's.

They may be reliable and able to shoot after a lot of abuse, but their accuracy isn't the best in the world.

AK-47 Accuracy and Reliability

The reason for the AK’s lack of accuracy is due to its “functioning” and projectiles ballistic coefficient. The AK-47 is made up of only a few “moving” parts. There are fewer parts, these parts are made up of large chunks of metal. Take the bolt for example once fired. The hunk of metal that unlocks and flies back once fired is pretty heavy when compared to the M4.
As it rides the railing and slams to the back, the weapons harmonics are disturbed significantly, take a look at a few videos of the AK-47 fired in slow motion and see the amount of barrel whip.

There may be a decrease in accuracy due to the fact that the rifles hand guard is made up of wood. Wood has a notorious tendency to bend, tighten, and loosen under temperature changes. For example, in the summer time, the doors within your home may become harder to open and close because wood expands and shrinks when hot. This shrinking and expansion of the wood hand guard, though minuet, changes the harmonics of the barrel.

They may be reliable and able to shoot after a lot of abuse, but their accuracy isn't the best in the world.

The reason for the AK’s lack of accuracy is due to its “functioning” and projectiles ballistic coefficient. The AK-47 is made up of only a few “moving” parts. There are fewer parts, these parts are made up of large chunks of metal. Take the bolt for example once fired. The hunk of metal that unlocks and flies back once fired is pretty heavy when compared to the M4.
As it rides the railing and slams to the back, the weapons harmonics are disturbed significantly, take a look at a few videos of the AK-47 fired in slow motion and see the amount of barrel whip.

There may be a decrease in accuracy due to the fact that the rifles hand guard is made up of wood. Wood has a notorious tendency to bend, tighten, and loosen under temperature changes. For example, in the summer time, the doors within your home may become harder to open and close because wood expands and shrinks when hot. This shrinking and expansion of the wood hand guard, though minuet, changes the harmonics of the barrel.
None of that matters when all your doing is shooting some fuckers in your house of trying to get in. The AK accuracy is fine for home protection and especially defending against untrained thugs with pistols.
Great home defense weapon.

In addition to all that, the 7.62X39 is a crappy round ballistically, compared to the 5.56mm. It was designed to hit a man-sized target at 100 meters, which it can do fairly effectively. I can get 3" groups at 100 yards with open sights, as opposed to 5.56mm which can do 1" groups at 100 yards with iron sights. The 5.56mm vs. 30 caliber (7.62mm) FMJ is a tradeoff: The 7.62mm has a heftier projectile which is better at punching through armor or metal objects, whereas the 5.56mm is traveling at a higher velocity and can do more damage to soft tissue.

Needless to say, I wouldn't want to get my ass shot with either one.

None of that matters when all your doing is shooting some fuckers in your house of trying to get in. The AK accuracy is fine for home protection and especially defending against untrained thugs with pistols.

True. Next to my Glock 19, the AK is the first weapon I'd grab if I needed one.

Military grade ARs and m-4s are every bit as reliable as AKs and are far more accurate...

This is true, and military grade ARs and m-4s are machined not stamped like aks..

Yes, in close quarters any firearm is better than no firearm...

In addition to all that, the 7.62X39 is a crappy round ballistically, compared to the 5.56mm. It was designed to hit a man-sized target at 100 meters, which it can do fairly effectively. I can get 3" groups at 100 yards with open sights, as opposed to 5.56mm which can do 1" groups at 100 yards with iron sights. The 5.56mm vs. 30 caliber (7.62mm) FMJ is a tradeoff: The 7.62mm has a heftier projectile which is better at punching through armor or metal objects, whereas the 5.56mm is traveling at a higher velocity and can do more damage to soft tissue.

Needless to say, I wouldn't want to get my ass shot with either one.
There is always a trade off, I really like a 6.8 spc as a cover-all cartridge.
Short action
Very affordable
Good ballistically and coefficiency
More available every day
Not a barrel burner

"Charges aren't being filed against the homeowner AT THIS TIME." Can a homeowner who puts themselves at danger and pursues a burglar have a right to kill said burglars or should the homeowner retreat and call the police?

"Charges aren't being filed against the homeowner AT THIS TIME." Can a homeowner who puts themselves at danger and pursues a burglar have a right to kill said burglars or should the homeowner retreat and call the police?
There’s only one sure remedy, absolute deadly force with intruders...

Military grade ARs and m-4s are every bit as reliable as AKs and are far more accurate...

Far more accurate, I'd agree. But not as reliable. My experience with most AR variants is that they need to be kept well cleaned, well lubricated, and well maintained. Why else would they still require that infernal forward-assist button on the right side, as most AR rifles still have? The bore diameter is also so small that it can fill up with water, requiring you to pull back on the bolt in order to drain it, should you be in an extremely wet environment.

The tolerances between the parts are very tight on the AR, which is why they need to be properly maintained. Any dirt, dust, or sand in the action could cause a failure, unlike the AK.

What's wrong, can't answer my question?

That depends on the individual state's Castle Doctrine law. If the burglars are making off with the homeowner's property then by all means, pursue them.

Reminds me of a case years ago in California.

A truck driver parked his rig overnight and went to sleep in the sleeper. During the night a guy broke into his truck. He grabbed his gun and shot the intruder but didn't kill him. The intruder ran and the trucker shot him in the back, killing him.

The DA wanted to press charges against the trucker, but the public outcry was so great that all charges were dismissed.

Reminds me of a case years ago in California.

A truck driver parked his rig overnight and went to sleep in the sleeper. During the night a guy broke into his truck. He grabbed his gun and shot the intruder but didn't kill him. The intruder ran and the trucker shot him in the back, killing him.

The DA wanted to press charges against the trucker, but the public outcry was so great that all charges were dismissed.

I just love a happy ending. Thank you for bringing a ray of sunshine into my day. :biggrin:

Far more accurate, I'd agree. But not as reliable. My experience with most AR variants is that they need to be kept well cleaned, well lubricated, and well maintained. Why else would they still require that infernal forward-assist button on the right side, as most AR rifles still have? The bore diameter is also so small that it can fill up with water, requiring you to pull back on the bolt in order to drain it, should you be in an extremely wet environment.

The tolerances between the parts are very tight on the AR, which is why they need to be properly maintained. Any dirt, dust, or sand in the action could cause a failure, unlike the AK.
Yes, ARs are milled and aks are stamped.
But, military grade ARs are expensive and extremely reliable, over the counter ARs less so.
You do get what you pay for...

What's wrong, can't answer my question?

That depends on the individual state's Castle Doctrine law. If the burglars are making off with the homeowner's property then by all means, pursue them.

"Charges aren't being filed against the homeowner AT THIS TIME."

I have a CCW in all 50 States. What my Attorney told me is to limit my gun, if, and only if, my life is in jeopardy.

Here's the problem in TN. You CAN protect you property by use of deadly force, HOWEVER, this guy moved from a protected position to a position of offense to protect his property. This guy should have called to cops.

Forum List

Back