Man Posing as Soldier Sentenced to Prison

The point is that the A.P. had the headline wrong. The man was not sentenced "for impersonating a Soldier", he was sentenced for stealing weapons from a Military base. Was the A.P's error deliberate? Do they want Americans to think that impersonating a Soldier is still a crime after the 9th liberal circut court struck down the law?

The point is that the A.P. had the headline wrong. The man was not sentenced "for impersonating a Soldier", he was sentenced for stealing weapons from a Military base. Was the A.P's error deliberate? Do they want Americans to think that impersonating a Soldier is still a crime after the 9th liberal circut court struck down the law?

Truth is I'm hoping that a higher court will rectify the 9ths mistake. Again.

i could remember when amerikans threw rocks at us

I carry a pocket full of rocks b/c a cop is to heavy.

When it's criminal to throw rocks only criminals will throw rocks.

Honest officer, my high heater went off by accident.

Dood, what ever happens, no matter how mean people are to you, PLEASE keep posting. And I don't care what the doctors say, you do not need your meds change.

Yanno.........maybe the whole deal was that he just missed the brotherhood of being a part of something bigger than himself.

Me? I'm retired after 20 years, and still find myself homesick for a ship (yeah.....weird, I know) whenever I watch something about the Navy on the Military Channel.

Civilian life just doesn't have the same kind of bond, because out here, it's everyone for themselves, not everyone for 1 cause.

Yea, we know. You can't cut it in the real world and you need to run back and have Uncle Sam take care of you :eusa_whistle:

Fact is that many career military people miss it after retirement. it's one reason why I am so involved in the American Legion and other veteran services. Active duty was over half of my adult life..... (won't be able to say that too many more years)

Yanno.........maybe the whole deal was that he just missed the brotherhood of being a part of something bigger than himself.

Me? I'm retired after 20 years, and still find myself homesick for a ship (yeah.....weird, I know) whenever I watch something about the Navy on the Military Channel.

Civilian life just doesn't have the same kind of bond, because out here, it's everyone for themselves, not everyone for 1 cause.

Yea, we know. You can't cut it in the real world and you need to run back and have Uncle Sam take care of you :eusa_whistle:

Really? Then tell me why I kept getting hired for the first couple of years after I retired? I never went more than a week without a job, and I worked at some pretty hard places as well, biker bars, grill cook in a strip club as well as a good 9-5 job at Milestone Inc. as the shipping department for their product (a title which was given to me 3 weeks after I'd been hired).

I then came into a situation where I could live comfortably on my pension, so I thought since I'm able to make it without a job, why work? I retired from the military at 38, and have been on permanent retirement for about the past 6 years. Jealous much?

Besides.........quitters don't make it for 20 years. I'm only 46, and almost half my entire life was spent in service to this country through 4 war zones.

Try again Spoonertard.

Really? Then tell me why I kept getting hired for the first couple of years after I retired? I never went more than a week without a job, and I worked at some pretty hard places as well, biker bars, grill cook in a strip club as well as a good 9-5 job at Milestone Inc. as the shipping department for their product (a title which was given to me 3 weeks after I'd been hired).

I then came into a situation where I could live comfortably on my pension, so I thought since I'm able to make it without a job, why work? I retired from the military at 38, and have been on permanent retirement for about the past 6 years. Jealous much?
Besides.........quitters don't make it for 20 years. I'm only 46, and almost half my entire life was spent in service to this country through 4 war zones.

Try again Spoonertard.

Yes I am jealous! :thup:

What i don't get...how did he get away with it with his family for so long? How was he bringing a paycheck home if there wasn't one? His wife must not have been very smart, how could she not wonder what was going on?

Maybe i missed something in the article...this really confuses me! Lol!

What i don't get...how did he get away with it with his family for so long? How was he bringing a paycheck home if there wasn't one? His wife must not have been very smart, how could she not wonder what was going on?

Maybe i missed something in the article...this really confuses me! Lol!

Well he was stealing from the military, and from gun shops, He must have been selling the stuff somewhere. I don't know how he could have kept it all from his family. I had a hard enough time keeping classified deployments from the Mrs.

Forum List

Back