Man of Steel

You people think to much about a superman movie..... For fuck sakes guys it is.entertainment not history.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

You people think to much about a superman movie..... For fuck sakes guys it is.entertainment not history.

maybe we are Comic guys and like talking about comics...hey if you dont like the topic.....there are like 20 thousand threads here.....pick one .....

maybe we are Comic guys and like talking about comics...hey if you dont like the topic.....there are like 20 thousand threads here.....pick one .....

I like comic books yet i still undetstand that when i go see a superhero movie i will have to not expect reality. I just want to be entertained

Welcome to my nightmare

I like comic books yet i still undetstand that when i go see a superhero movie i will have to not expect reality. I just want to be entertained

Welcome to my nightmare

and so who here is thinking the Movie is real?....or are we just a few guys discussing it and other things based on Comics?....

Welcome to my nightmare

and so who here is thinking the Movie is real?....or are we just a few guys discussing it and other things based on Comics?....

you run nit picking.... my wife does that looks for faults instead of just enjoying the movie

Welcome to my nightmare

Welcome to my nightmare

you run nit picking.... my wife does that looks for faults instead of just enjoying the movie

Welcome to my nightmare

Sometimes the faults stand out. ;)

Welcome to my nightmare

Welcome to my nightmare

when someone has 75 years of history......things like that happen.....you would hope the people making the thing would have some knowledge of that history....and not act like it doesnt exist.....they did this with the new Star Trek.....overlooked 45 years of history.....

Welcome to my nightmare

when someone has 75 years of history......things like that happen.....you would hope the people making the thing would have some knowledge of that history....and not act like it doesnt exist.....they did this with the new Star Trek.....overlooked 45 years of history.....

did you not understand the premise of the new Star Trek series? it is alternate history. Nolan did the same thing with this movie that he did with Batman he changed it upgraded it. Now you might not like it where as i did that's understadable and we can debate that... yet being shocked that there's a suit inside of a spaceship in a movie about a guy that can fly that seems to me to be nit picking

Welcome to my nightmare

Welcome to my nightmare

did you not understand the premise of the new Star Trek series? it is alternate history. Nolan did the same thing with this movie that he did with Batman he changed it upgraded it. Now you might not like it where as i did that's understadable and we can debate that... yet being shocked that there's a suit inside of a spaceship in a movie about a guy that can fly that seems to me to be nit picking

Welcome to my nightmare

did you not understand the premise of the new Star Trek series?

yes i understood it.....Abrams wanted to make his own version of Trek so he can do what he wants to do without having to worry about the core fans getting on his ass .....it also tells me he is a so so fan of the trek universe.....otherwise he would have just went back to day one of Kirks Enterprise and went from there......

yet being shocked that there's a suit inside of a spaceship in a movie about a guy that can fly that seems to me to be nit picking

sorry that wasn't me.....

From the old Superguy movie with the late Christopher Reeve, the biggest yuk I got was when somebody (I forgot who) first observed that Superman can travel so fucking fast that he makes time go backward, yet he couldn't catch the nuclear missiles.

That's a little funny.

Welcome to my nightmare

Welcome to my nightmare

That is how Geeks enjoy things.

Welcome to my nightmare

Welcome to my nightmare

Nolan did not do the same thing with Batman. What he did was the way Star Trek should have been handled. what Abrams did was take Star Trek and turn it into Star Wars for idiots.

The Superman suit was inside a ship that crashed on Earth 20,000 years ago, and Jor El claimed he put it there on purpose. That is not nit picking, nit picking would be complaining about the fact that he put a cape on Kryptonian undergarments when the people of Krypton only wore capes with their formal wear.

Last edited:
From the old Superguy movie with the late Christopher Reeve, the biggest yuk I got was when somebody (I forgot who) first observed that Superman can travel so fucking fast that he makes time go backward, yet he couldn't catch the nuclear missiles.

That's a little funny.

And then, when he did make time go backwards, all he did was save Lois instead of going back and stopping the missiles, which would have prevented the crevice that was about to come along and swallow her again.

That's a little funny.

yea.....he would have been able to grab each one and hurl them into space......

Welcome to my nightmare

Nolan did not do the same thing with Batman. What he did was the way Star Trek should have been handled. what Abrams did was take Star Trek and turn it into Star Wars for idiots.

The Superman suit was inside a ship that crashed on Earth 20,000 years ago, and Jor El claimed he put it there on purpose. That is not nit picking, nit picking would be complaining about the fact that he put a cape on Kryptonian undergarments when the people of Krypton only wore capes with their formal wear.
yep about Batman.....he made it the way it should have been handled...and yep again about Star Trek....its just to bad Paramount picked Abrams over someone like J. Michael Straczynski.....

Welcome to my nightmare

did you not understand the premise of the new Star Trek series?

yes i understood it.....Abrams wanted to make his own version of Trek so he can do what he wants to do without having to worry about the core fans getting on his ass .....it also tells me he is a so so fan of the trek universe.....otherwise he would have just went back to day one of Kirks Enterprise and went from there......

yet being shocked that there's a suit inside of a spaceship in a movie about a guy that can fly that seems to me to be nit picking

sorry that wasn't me.....

The trek thing was so he could make it new and not have to worry about the fat 50 year old Trekkie writing hate mail...Weather he was a fan or not is immaterial since it was still a good movie.... Haven't seen the last one yet.

Welcome to my nightmare

How do we know the memory of his father .... IE the AI he was talking to didn't make said symbol right then? If I remember correctly didn't the Reeve superman get his suit in a similar fashion from the fortress of solitude? At certain point shortcuts are made to move the story along.

Forum List

Back