Man killed while helping ducklings cross a road.....Darwin Wins Again!

We have snapper on our lake and swans. They survive. At least some of them do. Maybe that's where all the extras went. Huh. I thought maybe they spread out or went and found their own space. Like Turkey stick together until it's time to split up.

Our up north neighbor says he LOVES Geese. Gross! But I get if you cook it right.

We need to start eating these over chicken. Just like deer over cow. They are free range animals so not cruel if you shoot and eat a goose. It is cruel what they do to chicken and cows. Glad to hear they are over populated not endangered. Let's eat!

Same with pigs. I guess wild pig is a problem in America. I can't believe it. That should make the price of pork go down. And in turn, drive the price of chicken and beef down.

In China do you think they'd be complaining about too many wild pigs? The wet markets would be all PIG

You need to be eating bugs, unless you're a racist and a climate change denier. Are you?

You need to be eating bugs, unless you're a racist and a climate change denier. Are you?

I eat Deer instead of beef. That counts for something

Globally, cows and other livestock animals are responsible for about 40 percent of methane emissions – a potent greenhouse gas. In digesting their high fiber diet, cows emit methane as a byproduct, making them one of the least climate friendly sources of food on the planet.

We have snapper on our lake and swans. They survive. At least some of them do. Maybe that's where all the extras went. Huh. I thought maybe they spread out or went and found their own space. Like Turkey stick together until it's time to split up.

Our up north neighbor says he LOVES Geese. Gross! But I get if you cook it right.

We need to start eating these over chicken. Just like deer over cow. They are free range animals so not cruel if you shoot and eat a goose. It is cruel what they do to chicken and cows. Glad to hear they are over populated not endangered. Let's eat!

Same with pigs. I guess wild pig is a problem in America. I can't believe it. That should make the price of pork go down. And in turn, drive the price of chicken and beef down.

In China do you think they'd be complaining about too many wild pigs? The wet markets would be all PIG
So much to unpack there. :laughing0301:

They grab a leg of a gosling and pull it under, drown, then consume it.

The same people that were paying to remove Snapping Turtles because they ate ducklings are now paying to put them into their ponds due to the nasty-ass canada geese.
wow... didn't know turtles ate geese...

are canada geese worse than regular geese?

Speaking of Snapping Turtles......Anyone Lose A Fishhook?

This came in over my local feed this morning from the Blue-Ridge Wildlife Center.

Blue Ridge Wildlife Center Patient of the Week: Snapping Turtle

This adult male Snapping Turtle came to us from Fredericksburg, VA after a suspected vehicle collision. He suffered multiple fractures to the skull and jaw, AND radiographs showed that he had also ingested two hooks.

snapping-turtle-1.jpg

One hook was causing a partial blockage of his esophagus while the other was lower in his gastrointestinal tract.

Luckily, we can perform surgeries in house. This snapper underwent a two hour long surgery for hook removal, fracture repair, and esophagostomy tube placement.

Turtles often do not breathe on their own during general anesthesia and require intubation and positive pressure ventilation. This allows us to breathe for them during these procedures. They also take a long time to recover from anesthesia. The photo above was taken two hours after the completion of the surgery and we are continuing to provide air by ambu-bag while he recovers.

Already, this patient is looking much better! He will be in care for the next several months as these fractures and surgical sites heal.

snapping-turtle-2.jpg

It's one of the few "do-gooder" .orgs I donate to.

Shit like a goose is not just a expression......Get a flock feeding on your property and you will understand. Shit and feathers everywhere. Then there is the smell.

I never cared for barnyard geese either.
I know a few goose hunters, even with the numbers they get every year, these damn things are everywhere and you can go down to the river and see hundreds and hundreds of them shitting everywhere. They also don't have any predators, other than hunters, who are not diminishing their numbers. And once those local to the area know where the hunting areas are they don't go near there, hunters call them 'stale geese', so their numbers don't decrease, and hunters have to wait for the northerners to fly south.

Forum List

Back