Man brings knife to a gun fight...turns out as you would expect...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Now tell me...would it have been better if this man had been disarmed by the law...better if he had simply allowed his attacker to stab him with the 13 inch knife...tell me, those of you who oppose concealed carry and gun ownership for law abiding citizens...if you could go back in time to just before this attack, and take the gun away from this man...would you? Since that is what you believe...if you had that chance, would you take this mans gun away from him knowing this attack was going to happen...? Where the rubber meets the road with your beliefs?

PA Concealed Carrier Shoots Attacker Who Was Wielding 13in Hunting Knife in the Groin

Having a hunting knife doesn't make you Rambo any more than having a gun makes you John Wayne. Well-trained in either will always defeat the other if untrained. Think knives aren't preferred weapons in the hands of someone trained in their use? Tell that to a US Marine.

Wonder what the altercation was about? Was it necessary? Random? Do you know?

More interesting bit in that linked article was the statement that this was the 50th DGU and the 1315th time overall that this publication documented DGU.

But the numbers don't add up with your numbers billo.

2,5 million DGU's per year, 6849 per day, 143 DGU's per state per day and they can only find 50. And I assure you that this site is looking,hoping and a praying for a DGU to be brought to their attention.

And after all my asking. You can only find one a day. And you're searching all over the net for this stuff I would suppose.

A better stat billo would be to know how many random acts of violence are perpetrated each and every day and how many of those completely random acts were stopped bu DGU.

Most of today's gun violence is brought on by people who know of or know pretty well who their shooter is.
Whether it's robberies, domestic violence, gangs, etc. they know of or personally know the person who gets shot.
And the person doing the shooting.

In other words, you are buying a gun to protect yourself from SOMEBODY that you already know or who already knows YOU.

What's that tell you? Tells me you need a better circle of friends and enemies.

Wonder what the altercation was about? Was it necessary? Random? Do you know?

More interesting bit in that linked article was the statement that this was the 50th DGU and the 1315th time overall that this publication documented DGU.

But the numbers don't add up with your numbers billo.

2,5 million DGU's per year, 6849 per day, 143 DGU's per state per day and they can only find 50. And I assure you that this site is looking,hoping and a praying for a DGU to be brought to their attention.

And after all my asking. You can only find one a day. And you're searching all over the net for this stuff I would suppose.

A better stat billo would be to know how many random acts of violence are perpetrated each and every day and how many of those completely random acts were stopped bu DGU.

Most of today's gun violence is brought on by people who know of or know pretty well who their shooter is.
Whether it's robberies, domestic violence, gangs, etc. they know of or personally know the person who gets shot.
And the person doing the shooting.

In other words, you are buying a gun to protect yourself from SOMEBODY that you already know or who already knows YOU.

What's that tell you? Tells me you need a better circle of friends and enemies.
Idiotic.

The people who broke into my place years ago didn't know me.

Had I been home I would have been armed. Would I have shot? Who knows? Most likely not but if I was forced to shoot I still wouldn't have known them would I?

How many random acts of crime get reported? How many get solved? Really if I called the cops and said a guy with a mask tried to break in and I said I pointed my shotgun at him and he ran away what would get reported? Most likely nothing.

Having a hunting knife doesn't make you Rambo any more than having a gun makes you John Wayne. Well-trained in either will always defeat the other if untrained. Think knives aren't preferred weapons in the hands of someone trained in their use? Tell that to a US Marine.

A Marine would opt for a firearm over a knife any day. Unless he's an idiot named delta4embassy.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT

Ya, the man who shot the ceiling at our gun range stands out as man-capable sans training. :)

Ya, the man who shot the ceiling at our gun range stands out as man-capable sans training. :)

"Accidental" shootings at gun shows, cops accidentally shooting people. Trained people leaving their guns in public rest rooms.

More guns - that's the answer.

Ask any cop and they will tell you that a man armed armed with a knife 20' away can stab and kill them before they can draw, aim and fire their own weapon.

Guns can't "protect" you from knives, viruses and stupidity at close range.

Ask any cop and they will tell you that a man armed armed with a knife 20' away can stab and kill them before they can draw, aim and fire their own weapon.

This is not the place for facts.

The nutters believe they are not Real Men unless they've got a gun.

I know a woman who had her gun taken away from her and then killed the intruder with a knife. It could have gone differently but it didn't.

This is not the place for facts.

The nutters believe they are not Real Men unless they've got a gun.

I know a woman who had her gun taken away from her and then killed the intruder with a knife. It could have gone differently but it didn't.
So i guess it's better to have a gun and a knife.

Forum List

Back