Man arrested in assault on teen worker over masks

So..the teen employee asks a couple to mask, in the Kiddie Water Park--and the guy breaks the teen's jaw..and runs away--I wonder if they mask in Prison?

Troy McCoy and Shakerra Bonds, both of the Bronx, each face charges including criminal conspiracy, disorderly conduct and harassment in the Aug. 9 attack on the 17-year-old worker, Middletown Township police said Wednesday.
McCoy, 39, tried to barricade himself in the couple's home Wednesday morning but was arrested by federal marshals, police said.
Other charges against him include aggravated assault, simple assault and recklessly endangering another person. He will be taken to Middletown to face charges.
Police said arrangements are being made for Bonds, 31, to surrender. She is also charged with simple assault. Court documents do not list attorneys representing them.
Sesame Place, a children's theme and water park, requires guests ages 2 and older to wear face coverings while in the park except while eating and drinking or in designated relaxation areas. Face coverings are not allowed in the park's water attractions.

The employee reminded the couple about the mask requirement and was punched in the face before the two fled, police said. He was taken to a hospital and remained there for seven days. He required surgery for a fractured jaw and injuries to his teeth, police said.

If it makes you happy I already did 2 days overnight with a pending charge for sticking the end of my broomstick into a 6'4'' bully screaming at me to wear a mask while I was sweeping the sidewalk in front of my house (I jabbed the broomstick into his adam's apple).

I'd do it again.

Real men know that the mask had NOTHING to do with it, it was a giant man perverting and masquerading behind the law/policy to bully another man.

It appears the DA is going to drop the case because I've proclaimed twice on record that I will launch a jury nullification pro se defense.

Believe it or not, I am in support of you nailing that bully. Why? Because you were outside on your own property, minding your own business. Being outside and practicing safe distancing doesn't require you to need a mask.

HOWEVER...................................

The kid at the water park was just trying to enforce the rules that were set down by the water park, meaning the dude should have been wearing a mask if they require it. Also, a mask is a good idea because being at a water park, while outside, is also a place where it can be difficult to practice social distancing. The dude that broke the kid's jaw needs to go to trial for assault.

And, even if you are one of those people that refuses to wear a mask because you don't believe COVID 19 is that bad, doesn't give you the right to break someone's jaw for enforcing the rules the water park set down. The kid was just doing his job, no reason to be assaulted that I can see.

Not only that, but I bet the dude refusing to wear a mask is a conservative Trump supporter.

I've been going to the water park a lot, without wearing a mask.

and a bronx man? I Bet he is not a conservative Trump supporter. I bet he is a dem/biden supporter.
Just a note...masks are not required in the water portion of the park...and i find his politics irrelevant.

why are you telling me about how you don't care about his politics, instead of telling abikersalior, who brought it up?
LOL..I assume that a public posting reaches all. Sorry if you felt singled out..not my intent.

So..the teen employee asks a couple to mask, in the Kiddie Water Park--and the guy breaks the teen's jaw..and runs away--I wonder if they mask in Prison?

Troy McCoy and Shakerra Bonds, both of the Bronx, each face charges including criminal conspiracy, disorderly conduct and harassment in the Aug. 9 attack on the 17-year-old worker, Middletown Township police said Wednesday.
McCoy, 39, tried to barricade himself in the couple's home Wednesday morning but was arrested by federal marshals, police said.
Other charges against him include aggravated assault, simple assault and recklessly endangering another person. He will be taken to Middletown to face charges.
Police said arrangements are being made for Bonds, 31, to surrender. She is also charged with simple assault. Court documents do not list attorneys representing them.
Sesame Place, a children's theme and water park, requires guests ages 2 and older to wear face coverings while in the park except while eating and drinking or in designated relaxation areas. Face coverings are not allowed in the park's water attractions.

The employee reminded the couple about the mask requirement and was punched in the face before the two fled, police said. He was taken to a hospital and remained there for seven days. He required surgery for a fractured jaw and injuries to his teeth, police said.

If it makes you happy I already did 2 days overnight with a pending charge for sticking the end of my broomstick into a 6'4'' bully screaming at me to wear a mask while I was sweeping the sidewalk in front of my house (I jabbed the broomstick into his adam's apple).

I'd do it again.

Real men know that the mask had NOTHING to do with it, it was a giant man perverting and masquerading behind the law/policy to bully another man.

It appears the DA is going to drop the case because I've proclaimed twice on record that I will launch a jury nullification pro se defense.

Believe it or not, I am in support of you nailing that bully. Why? Because you were outside on your own property, minding your own business. Being outside and practicing safe distancing doesn't require you to need a mask.

The kid at the water park was just trying to enforce the rules that were set down by the water park, meaning the dude should have been wearing a mask if they require it. Also, a mask is a good idea because being at a water park, while outside, is also a place where it can be difficult to practice social distancing. The dude that broke the kid's jaw needs to go to trial for assault.

And, even if you are one of those people that refuses to wear a mask because you don't believe COVID 19 is that bad, doesn't give you the right to break someone's jaw for enforcing the rules the water park set down. The kid was just doing his job, no reason to be assaulted that I can see.

Not only that, but I bet the dude refusing to wear a mask is a conservative Trump supporter.

and a bronx man? I Bet he is not a conservative Trump supporter. I bet he is a dem/biden supporter.
Just a note...masks are not required in the water portion of the park...and i find his politics irrelevant.

why are you telling me about how you don't care about his politics, instead of telling abikersalior, who brought it up?
LOL..I assume that a public posting reaches all. Sorry if you felt singled out..not my intent.

you replied to my post, and let his pass.

not about how i feel about it. it is about your behavior and how it reflects on your point.

Federal Marshals? They turned a simple assault into a freaking federal case while our cities are being occupied by thug anarchists?
I was wondering on that also. Sounds a bit weird.
The assailants were from out of state...in order to effect an extradiction, the NY cops had to involve the Marshal's..who arrested him on an extradition warrant.
"Interstate flight to avoid prosecution related to face masks"? U.S. Marshals aren't used to "effect extraditions" on a good day especially in simple assault cases. Something is weird about this case.
Ya, adults brutally beating up a minor requiring a week in a hospital.

I'd do it again.

not about how i feel about it. it is about your behavior and how it reflects on your point.
***yawn***
OK..if that is how you see it--matters little to me..i probably should have commented on the rush to confirm the assailant's race..when that also..means nothing. To me.
I don't really personalize a lot of posts here and in fact frequently reply to posts without really bothering to note who is posting...I'm just responding to the content--as i read it.
Jumping to the conclusion that the criminal in question was a Conservative was premature and irrelevant..however...reading the posts in support of his actions could lead one to believe that there are those on the right who supported the assault.

The point..is that what happened was wrong...and that the criminality of the action transcends the politics of our cultural bs..again..from my point of view.

Last edited:

I'd do it again.

***yawn***
OK..if that is how you see it--matters little to me..i probably should have commented on the rush to confirm the assailant's race..when that also..means nothing. To me.
I don't really personalize a lot of posts here and in fact frequently reply to posts without really bothering to note who is posting...I'm just responding to the content--as i read it.
Jumping to the conclusion that the criminal in question was a Conservative was premature and irrelevant..however...reading the posts in support of his actions could lead one to believe that there are those on the right who supported the assault.

The point..is that what happened was wrong...and that the criminality transcends the politics of our cultural bs..again..from my point of view.

Convid has been politicized. the left would have you believe that anyone that opposes the more extreme measures, has to be a radical rightwing nut.

but, it is not true. especially in the black community.

wearing a mask is a sign of consideration for others. a lot of people in the black community have been conditioned to see themselves as oppressed by society.

that is not going to encourage them to be considerate of society.

hence, real life data not matching their assumptions.

their assumptions being wrong, is a valid political point.

I'd do it again.

***yawn***

The point..is that what happened was wrong...and that the criminality transcends the politics of our cultural bs..again..from my point of view.
Trump has created an era where individuals feel entitled to ignore laws they disagree with. An era of abundant Karens.

I'd do it again.

***yawn***

Trump has created an era where individuals feel entitled to ignore laws they disagree with. An era of abundant Karens.

yeah, I bet bronx black guys are really taking their cues, from the republican white president.

lol!!!!

you will say anything, no matter who silly it is, or how silly it makes you look, won't you?

I'd do it again.

***yawn***

yeah, I bet bronx black guys are really taking their cues, from the republican white president.

lol!!!!

you will say anything, no matter who silly it is, or how silly it makes you look, won't you?
Camp is on the team of...

Obama built that.PNG

And "riden with Biden" like "shake and bake and I helped"

I'd do it again.

***yawn***

ROTFLMAO!

This is America..right? We think ignoring laws we disagree with is our God-given right--and always have. Civil disobedience, right? Turns out that it's not so civil..who knew? LOL! Only any person who read a book on American History~

I'm amazed at the power you give Trump..our era and our current cultural divide is not due to Trump..it's been a long time coming..and most here on this board know this.

Trump is a symptom..good or bad depends on POV....of where we are at, as a country.

As for the people who assaulted the teen...they are scum and shall suffer the fate of such ilk--I would hope all americans would root for that..but, sadly, scum comes in all flavors...and like often attracts like, ya know?

Federal Marshals? They turned a simple assault into a freaking federal case while our cities are being occupied by thug anarchists?
I was wondering on that also. Sounds a bit weird.
The assailants were from out of state...in order to effect an extradiction, the NY cops had to involve the Marshal's..who arrested him on an extradition warrant.
"Interstate flight to avoid prosecution related to face masks"? U.S. Marshals aren't used to "effect extraditions" on a good day especially in simple assault cases. Something is weird about this case.
Yes. I suspect that McCoy and Bonds are black and expected no punishment. Federal charges take the case away from state authorities.
Yes, they are. The fact that they won't show their faces were the first clue. The woman's name clearly is black. The man, i wasn't sure, so I did a little research and found him. Although there was no picture, I found a list of relatives. His relatives are clearly black (can tell by their names). I bet the victim was white. And they didn't like being "lectured" by a white boy.
so since they are black -- it is no longer patriots standing up for their freedoms anymore huh?

What a deranged policy. Only a leftist could think of something this stupid. I would have just left.

What a deranged policy. Only a leftist could think of something stupid.

Yeah, I dealt with that last summer. It was silly. We didn't wear masks while walking from attraction to attraction or in LINE for the rides, or in the wave pool, BUT, when my wife and I were sitting by the pool, we were told to were masks.

Forum List

Back