Malkin: Take Your Olive Branch and Shove It, Democrats

Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness, Malkin is so hot! And she talks! Wow!

I have oft wondered at folks who cheer for the words of a pundit. Is it because they believe it so or is it because they are unable to express themselves?
She definitely appealed to "conservatives'" preference for bigotry.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT6p4MJZBtc&feature=related[/ame]​

Hilarious... the virtues of Obama were extolled well before he ever set foot at 1400 Pennsylvania Ave. Al of the sudden it's let's wait and see?

Hmmmm. Did I extol the virtues of the president? No? Well now, I suppose it was disingenuous of you to associate my fine name with your made up statements now, isn't it?

Allow me to clarify my previous brilliant statements.

I hate pundits. Left, right, middle, whatever. I think they are idiots I don't listen to them. I don;t follow them. I think they represent the dumbing down of American culture. I think far to many people take the intellectually easy road and allow these pundits to form opinions for them rather than them actually taking the time, examining the issues, and then coming ot their own conclusions.

But that is just me. Obviously folks are more than willing to accept the claims of Malkin as gospel.

As for the content of her statement, well, time will tell.

Hilarious... the virtues of Obama were extolled well before he ever set foot at 1400 Pennsylvania Ave. Al of the sudden it's let's wait and see?

Hmmmm. Did I extol the virtues of the president? No? Well now, I suppose it was disingenuous of you to associate my fine name with your made up statements now, isn't it?

I hate pundits. Left, right, middle, whatever. I think they are idiots I don't listen to them. I don;t follow them. I think they represent the dumbing down of American culture. I think far to many people take the intellectually easy road and allow these pundits to form opinions for them rather than them actually taking the time, examining the issues, and then coming ot their own conclusions.

But that is just me. Obviously folks are more than willing to accept the claims of Malkin as gospel.

...and how do you form opinons without the spoken or written words of others?

...and since when do you get to assume people have not held these opinons for some time. That their votes on Tuesday were a reflection of a thought process which led them to conclude this was a favored course. Your arrogance is rivaled only by that of our President.

I have oft wondered at folks who cheer for the words of a pundit. Is it because they believe it so or is it because they are unable to express themselves? points to ponder.

I digress.

Michelle Malkin's claims seem to ignore two very real things.

One, we do not know what the new Congress will do as they are not in session.

Two, Michelle Malkin calling folks "uncivil" is like a me calling someone condescending. It reeks of hypocrisy.

So Malkin is obviously free to state whatever she likes. However, wouldn't we be better served waiting and seeing what the new congress does before extolling their virtues?

It's because they agree. Good for her and more like her. Mitch McConnell said today that every part of the health care bill should be taken apart and defunded. Hurrah. Go for it. Do it.
.....After Americans are ALREADY benefiting from Health Care legislation???? :confused:

Yeah.....let's see you convince THEM it needs to go.....and, you WILL have to.

:cool:

...and how do you form opinons without the spoken or written words of others?

...and since when do you get to assume people have not held these opinons for some time. That their votes on Tuesday were a reflection of a thought process which led them to conclude this was a favored course. Your arrogance is rivaled only by that of our President.

You think? Well, I do thank you for the nasty insult I think it is important to note a common tactic is to insult when one can not compete intellectually.

As to how I form opinions, well, thank you for asking. The first thing I do is read. Voraciously. Read news stories of the same event form multiple sources. I then ask myself why was I told this? Why is a politician saying this? What advantage do they have by me knowing this?

So I look at the information form several different angles, I consider the motivation behind me being told the information, and I draw my own conclusions.

No need for Malkin to do it for me.

I have oft wondered at folks who cheer for the words of a pundit. Is it because they believe it so or is it because they are unable to express themselves? points to ponder.

I digress.

Michelle Malkin's claims seem to ignore two very real things.

One, we do not know what the new Congress will do as they are not in session.

Two, Michelle Malkin calling folks "uncivil" is like a me calling someone condescending. It reeks of hypocrisy.

So Malkin is obviously free to state whatever she likes. However, wouldn't we be better served waiting and seeing what the new congress does before extolling their virtues?

It's because they agree. Good for her and more like her. Mitch McConnell said today that every part of the health care bill should be taken apart and defunded. Hurrah. Go for it. Do it.
.....After Americans are ALREADY benefiting from Health Care legislation???? :confused:

Name one America who is benefitting from Obama Deathcare. All the people I know are bitching about their rates going up by 50%. BTW I don't consider welfare leeches to be Americans. They are a drain on society. I wonder if the death panels apply to them?

Name one America who is benefitting from Obama Deathcare. All the people I know are bitching about their rates going up by 50%.
Gee.....whatta shocker......

:rolleyes:

Oh man do I agree with this! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Here is an ironclad certainty: It’s too little too late for the antagonist-in-chief to paper over two years of relentless Democratic incivility and hate toward his domestic “enemies.” Voters have spoken: They’ve had enough. Enough of the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize winner’s rhetorical abuse. Enough of his feints at bipartisanship. Whatever the final tally, this week’s turnover in Congress is a GOP mandate for legislative pugilism, not peace. Voters have had enough of big government meddlers “getting things done.” They are sending fresh blood to the nation’s Capitol to get things undone.

“We don’t mind the Republicans joining us,” Obama taunted a few weeks ago. “They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back

“They’re counting on young people staying home and union members staying home and black folks staying home,” the fear-mongering agent of hope and change jeered on the campaign trail last month.

Michelle Malkin Take Your Olive Branch and Shove It, Democrats

This is damn straight! Democrats have shown nothing but contempt for the American people for two years and now they want to come off as the peacemakers? They want to lecture to us about being humble in victory? Really?

And Republicans better know they are in no better boat. It's not going to be business as usual, if they want to keep their jobs.

No more compromising deals behind closed doors.

No more compromising bailouts in times of manufactured crisis.

No more compromising conservative principles for D.C. party elites.

No more compromising the American economy for left-wing special interests.

No more compromising transparency and ethics for bureaucratic self-preservation.

We need to remind Republicans every single DAY of this, if they want to keep their jobs.!

The fight is not over, just because election day is over.

We are going to have to fight every day!

Good. I not only think that you Republicans should NOT compromise on anything. You should also shout from the highest towers that you refuse to compromise on anything. That, my friend, will be a winning combination for 2012.

You are right more than you think. Because if the Republicans compromise at ALL with Obama and the Democrats, the country that turned against Obama will turn against them and a new party will arise.

The country is giving the Republicans one last chance and they better not waste it.

I'm Tea Party, not Republican. I have no illusions that the Republican leadership would not like to go back to business as usual. They better know the country is in no mood for that.

That's what the Democrats didn't get in 2006 and 08. They thought they won because the country was turning to liberalism.

They were wrong. They voted for them because the country was fed up with Republican business as usual and wanted it to end.

Unfortunately, the Democrats were even worse in that regard.

That's why they have been swept out of power in most state legislatures, Governor races and the House.

Now the Republicans are going to walk the same knife's edge. If they don't learn that lesson. They will be gone.

Only they are not going to be replaced by Democrats. They will be replaced with a new party. The Democrats will not gain from a Republican failure. Quite the contrary. Both parties will lose.

Yeah, it's funny how they want to work together now that they are losing power!

It's never like that when the Dems have control of everything!

Damn straight! When Democrats are in complete control, they tell us to shut up, because they won. They tell us to sit in the back of the bus.

Now that they lost, they all of a sudden talk compromise?

Har de har har!

Only a very stupid republican will go for that, and they will deserve to lose their jobs in two years.

;)

10% unemployment, flatlined economy, two wars.....

The Republicans answer to solving our problems?

GRIDLOCK
Perhaps Obama should have paid more attention to those problems rather than his pet project during the last two years.
That's "...projects...".

(You 'Baggers really do need to start paying-attention.)

No. I said project and I meant project.

When I want an edit from you, you'll know because I will ask.

I am curious... do you think that the republican congress tried to work with Obama over the last two years?

Hey! The republicans tried at first, remember?

Remember what Obama said? "Elections have consequences and I won."

Well, elections have consequences and now Republicans won.

Boo freaking hoo!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No compromise?

Fair enough. Try advancing the conservative agenda with less than 60 GOP votes in the Senate,
and keep in mind, it's been about 80 years since the GOP had 60 Senate seats.

And they made some terrible mistakes..working with Republicans. For that they got:

-Health care bill that went from single payer to the Romney solution and NO Republican votes.

-Stimulus package cut in half and was 300 billion or so in tax cuts and NO Republican votes.

Working with Republicans gets you lots of concessions in your bills..but bupkiss in terms of getting them passed.

In other words in Sallow's world, the reason the Democrats lost, is because they didn't go liberal enough! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Okay, you believe that Sallow. You go right ahead!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

It wasn't a Republican Congress twit.

It is only half one now.

McConnell said it best yesterday. The Democrats seem to not understand America doesn't want to go where the Democrats are leading.

Until the Democrats change direction, there is no need to compromise. In fact, America expects Republicans to lead the change and the Democrats to accept it.

Rush Limbaugh cited a wonderful quote from Ayn Rand.

How do you compromise with food or poison?

I'm paraphrasing as best I can remember it.

But it just encapsulates the entire debate. How do you compromise with Democrats, when their entire agenda as been anathema to the principles of the country?

There can be no compromise, and if there is compromise, the Republicans better know they endanger their continuance in their offices. ;)

Oh man do I agree with this! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Here is an ironclad certainty: It’s too little too late for the antagonist-in-chief to paper over two years of relentless Democratic incivility and hate toward his domestic “enemies.” Voters have spoken: They’ve had enough. Enough of the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize winner’s rhetorical abuse. Enough of his feints at bipartisanship. Whatever the final tally, this week’s turnover in Congress is a GOP mandate for legislative pugilism, not peace. Voters have had enough of big government meddlers “getting things done.” They are sending fresh blood to the nation’s Capitol to get things undone.

“We don’t mind the Republicans joining us,” Obama taunted a few weeks ago. “They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back

“They’re counting on young people staying home and union members staying home and black folks staying home,” the fear-mongering agent of hope and change jeered on the campaign trail last month.

“You would think they’d be saying thank you,” he sneered last April, when millions turned out for the nationwide Tax Day tea party protests.

“I want them just to get out of the way” and “don’t do a lot of talking,” he scoffed in response to prescient critics of the federal trillion-dollar stimulus boondoggle.

In addition to labeling GOP opponents of his open-borders policies “enemies” who needed to be “punished” by Latino voters, Obama accused them — that is, us — of lacking patriotism. “Those aren’t the kinds of folks who represent our core American values,” he told viewers of the Spanish-language network Univision.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer called vocal citizens who protested the federal health care takeover bill during the town hall revolts of 2009 “un-American,” too. Remember? “These disruptions are occurring because opponents are afraid not just of differing views — but of the facts themselves. Drowning out opposing views is simply un-American,” Pelosi and Hoyer blasted in an op-ed piece for USA Today last summer. “Drowning out the facts is how we failed at this task for decades.”

Obama’s pal Rep. Alan Grayson of Florida, whom the president hailed as an “outstanding” member of Congress, accused Republicans of wanting elderly people to “die quickly” and of presiding over a “holocaust in America.” Vice President Joe Biden hailed Grayson as a “guy who doesn’t back away from a fight, and doesn’t back down from what he believes in” and told him at a fundraiser: “We owe you one, buddy.” No mention of Grayson’s smear of a female Federal Reserve adviser as a “K Street whore.”

In California, entrenched incumbent jerk Pete Stark derided immigration enforcement activists at a town hall by asking: “Who are you going to kill today?” To an elderly constituent who opposed the health care bill, Stark retorted: “I wouldn’t dignify you by peeing on your leg. It wouldn’t be worth wasting the urine.”

As voters who have been maligned by the ruling majority as stupid, unwashed, racist, selfish and violent headed to the polls Tuesday, Democrats released “talking points” attacking Republican leaders who “are not willing to compromise.” But “no compromise” is exactly the message that un-American Americans delivered to Washington this campaign season:

Michelle Malkin Take Your Olive Branch and Shove It, Democrats

This is damn straight! Democrats have shown nothing but contempt for the American people for two years and now they want to come off as the peacemakers? They want to lecture to us about being humble in victory? Really?

And Republicans better know they are in no better boat. It's not going to be business as usual, if they want to keep their jobs.

No more compromising deals behind closed doors.

No more compromising bailouts in times of manufactured crisis.

No more compromising conservative principles for D.C. party elites.

No more compromising the American economy for left-wing special interests.

No more compromising transparency and ethics for bureaucratic self-preservation.

We need to remind Republicans every single DAY of this, if they want to keep their jobs.!

The fight is not over, just because election day is over.

We are going to have to fight every day!

As if anyone ever listens to Michelle Malkin. She is a real idiot, nobody is asking to work with her. :lol:

Yeah, the intellectual power house of USMB has spoken. We knucle dragging rednecks better just slink off in shame now!

Malkin's point is spot on, like it or not. This administration has been one of the most divisive in US history.. PERIOD. And ok, fine... they won in 2008. But spare me the "we just want to get along" bullshit. This has been a "fuck you, get out of the way" administration frm day one. With feigned gestures at "we want your input, yeah, OK, thanks".

The American people have spoken... they want and end to this authoritarian monstrosity that is the Obama administration.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

10% unemployment, flatlined economy, two wars.....

The Republicans answer to solving our problems?

GRIDLOCK

Gridlock is good. It's like eradicating an infectious disease. You first have to stop the spread of the Obama cancer before you can cure it.

OH! I like the way you put that. Stopping a cancer! That's a perfect analogy of Obama! :D

Perhaps Obama should have paid more attention to those problems rather than his pet project during the last two years.
That's "...projects...".

(You 'Baggers really do need to start paying-attention.)

No. I said project and I meant project.

When I want an edit from you, you'll know because I will ask.
THAT'S no way to Thank me, for whuppin'-your-ass!!!

:eusa_eh:

(Some o' you "conservatives" have no sense o' gratitude.
303.gif
)​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back