Making History at the Indy 500

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.

"The 105th Indianapolis 500 is about to run — and this year's race could mark a first. Over the years, only nine women have driven in the marquee event. But this time, one of 35 teams competing to qualify is made up mostly of women, including the driver, owner and crew.

As cars zip by at over 200 miles per hour at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on the first day of practice Tuesday, the No. 16 car pulls into the pit lane and crew member Caitlyn Brown climbs over the wall to service the inside front tire."

I wish them well. As I understand it, they have to qualify before they can take part in the race itself. Also a big thanks to Roger Penske who was a backer of the effort.

1621744707384.png

"The 105th Indianapolis 500 is about to run — and this year's race could mark a first. Over the years, only nine women have driven in the marquee event. But this time, one of 35 teams competing to qualify is made up mostly of women, including the driver, owner and crew.

As cars zip by at over 200 miles per hour at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on the first day of practice Tuesday, the No. 16 car pulls into the pit lane and crew member Caitlyn Brown climbs over the wall to service the inside front tire."

I wish them well. As I understand it, they have to qualify before they can take part in the race itself. Also a big thanks to Roger Penske who was a backer of the effort.

View attachment 492478

Why should we care?

Racing gets along fine without women

So the sport has not been advanced at all by these monkey wrench wielding Amazon warriors

View attachment 492478

Why should we care?

Racing gets along fine without women

So the sport has not been advanced at all by these monkey wrench wielding Amazon warriors

I'm not sure you should care (but you do). I wish them well. Do you?

Who cares?

They are all just "drivers", why does their sex matter?

Jesus at what point will we stop giving special attention and applauding people just for doing something?

Are we going to aplaud and say they are making history when there are 36 teams? Then 37? Then 38? Are we going to praise Everytime there is 1 more woman doing something than before in everything?

Who gives a shit, just drive the car and unless you're in the top 5 no one gives a shit about you. People care even less what's between your legs.

"Race to make history" or race to win? I can see a lot of lucrative product indorsements in their future, win or lose.

I am sorry but knowing how women drive is it safe for any of them to be racing at the Indy 500???

( I know but you know someone had to be that sexist at the moment! )

Danica Patrick has already won the Indy 500, so a woman winning is not a big deal, it's the all woman crew that seems to be getting attention.

I’m rooting for Simona & the female forward team including pit crew. I like girls who do brave things and overcome all odds. Nah, she’s got no chance but HAS moved up 6 spots. And we’ll, she’s cute. :)

1622399152911.jpeg

At least one of them will need to stop and ask for directions.

Ok Odd, that was kinda funny.
But actually, ‘twas I who insisted in stopping for directions back in the day prior to GPS & smart phones.
Girl directions (forgive me ladies) have never involved street names, miles, or N/S/E/W directionality.
Was more like: “Ok, look for the big maple tree and hang a right - End of white picket fence a left - Then you should see a red barn - Almost there!” :lol:

View attachment 492478

well, did the Amazon Warriors qualify or not?

Who cares?

They are all just "drivers", why does their sex matter?

Jesus at what point will we stop giving special attention and applauding people just for doing something?

Are we going to aplaud and say they are making history when there are 36 teams? Then 37? Then 38? Are we going to praise Everytime there is 1 more woman doing something than before in everything?

Who gives a shit, just drive the car and unless you're in the top 5 no one gives a shit about you. People care even less what's between your legs.

Around 15 years ago (and she still looks amazing btw) Danica came about 1.5 laps away from winning and ran short on fuel.
Why can’t you root for brave ladies?

View attachment 492478

Cool.

Forum List

Back