Making America Great Again - Black and Decker building plant in America and not Mexico

When America cures cancer we will be great
When America creates workable fusion energy we will be great
When America sends a man to mars we will be great
When America mines the asteroids and doubles the size of our economy we will be great.

This is good but not great!

When America cures cancer we will be great
When America creates workable fusion energy we will be great
When America sends a man to mars we will be great
When America mines the asteroids and doubles the size of our economy we will be great.

This is good but not great!
Apparently somebody's been overdosing on Star Trek again....

We can't even balance the federal budget, provide a decent education for most of our youth, control our own borders or put an end to the constant state of warfare we're in and this yo-yo thinks we should be attempting to send men to Mars and mine asteroids.

Your priorities are completely out of wack Mr. Space Cadet.

You think it's great right now. Wait until you see how they make their wares in it.

I don't know why it is that folks haven't figured out:
  • When you don't employ many people on your shop floor, it doesn't really matter where your factory is.
  • The best place, all other things being equal, to locate a factory is near one's largest group of customers.

Automotive

maxresdefault.jpg

1021755369.jpg

See what people do? They visit to see how efficiently the machines are building things.

Foxconn-robots.jpg

factory_img05.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Siemens (Germany) How many jobs does that look like to you? The people you see are engineers with advanced degrees.

BN-FF219_GERWEB_J_20141026122127.jpg

You know who's going to think Black and Decker opening a factory in the U.S. will be good for? Shipping companies.

Check out these articles and statements from Black and Decker. It doesn't read like "factory floor jobs are a coming" to me.

You think it's great right now. Wait until you see how they make their wares in it.

• When you don't employ many people on your shop floor, it doesn't really matter where your factory is.
  • The best place, all other things being equal, to locate a factory is near one's largest group of customers.

Automotive

maxresdefault.jpg

1021755369.jpg

See what people do? They visit to see how efficiently the machines are building things.

Foxconn-robots.jpg

factory_img05.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Siemens (Germany) How many jobs does that look like to you? The people you see are engineers with advanced degrees.

You know who's going to think Black and Decker opening a factory in the U.S. will be good for? Shipping companies.

Check out these articles and statements from Black and Decker. It doesn't read like "factory floor jobs are a coming" to me.
It's an American thing....you wouldn't understand....

Cool, just out of curiosity who designs, engineers, builds, programs, maintains and sells the machines that are "building things"?

"Had history been democratic in its ways, there would have been no farming and no industrial revolution. Both leaps into the future were occasioned by unbearably painful crises that made most people wish they could recoil into the past." -- Yanis Varoufakis, The Global Minotaur: America, the True Origins of the Financial Crisis and the Future of the World Economy

Automotive

maxresdefault.jpg

1021755369.jpg

Foxconn-robots.jpg

factory_img05.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I do understand. I just think you are hoping there'll be a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. You're free to do that. I hope it works for you. Truly I do. I completely serious about that. As for me, well, I'm one of those people who went where the work is. I didn't sit around waiting for someone else to bring work to where I am. I didn't have the time for that or hoping a president was going to be my "savior." I needed to earn money.

Cool, just out of curiosity who designs, engineers, builds, programs, maintains and sells the machines that are "building things"?

"Had history been democratic in its ways, there would have been no farming and no industrial revolution. Both leaps into the future were occasioned by unbearably painful crises that made most people wish they could recoil into the past." -- Yanis Varoufakis, The Global Minotaur: America, the True Origins of the Financial Crisis and the Future of the World Economy

I'm not sure whether your question is sincere or rhetorical. I also don't follow the correlation between the question and the quote.

I agree with the quote. I too would love to see the U.S. be the way it used to be, at least in some regards. But I also am not naive enough to think that will happen. Manufacturing companies placing new factories in the U.S. will be good for the shareholders of the companies, but to the extent the manufacturers build 21st century facilities, it's not going to do much good for the people who hope it'll resurrect the labor paradigm of the 20th century. Perhaps it'll make those folks feel good that the companies are in the U.S., but feelings don't put food on the table.

Automotive

maxresdefault.jpg

1021755369.jpg

Foxconn-robots.jpg

factory_img05.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I do understand. I just think you are hoping there'll be a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. You're free to do that. I hope it works for you. Truly I do. I completely serious about that. As for me, well, I'm one of those people who went where the work is. I didn't sit around waiting for someone else to bring work to where I am. I didn't have the time for that or hoping a president was going to be my "savior." I needed to earn money.

If you have that ability, but many don't.

No matter what you'll never be able to stop technology. So the question is, is technology better here or somewhere else?

We have customers that use all kinds of technology and I still make pickups and deliveries to these places. I still see all kinds of people running around trying to get things done. It's better to have some Americans working than none at all.

I'm not sure whether your question is sincere or rhetorical. I also don't follow the correlation between the question and the quote.

I agree with the quote. I too would love to see the U.S. be the way it used to be, at least in some regards. But I also am not naive enough to think that will happen. Manufacturing companies placing new factories in the U.S. will be good for the shareholders of the companies, but to the extent the manufacturers build 21st century facilities, it's not going to do much good for the people who hope it'll resurrect the labor paradigm of the 20th century. Perhaps it'll make those folks feel good that the companies are in the U.S., but feelings don't put food on the table.
So, you're telling us that not a single American will be employed because of a modern factory built and operating here in America....fascinating....

So, you're telling us that not a single American will be employed because of a modern factory built and operating here in America....fascinating....

I was right the first time. You can't read. Stop talking to me.

Side note, I still have various Craftsman tools (rachets, sockets, torque wrench) from the early 90's. There were a little pricey, and back then Craftsman through Sear's guaranteed them for life, but they are pretty indestructible. I had purchased no name brands (some from China) and they basically became scrap metal after a few uses.

Last edited:

I was right the first time. You can't read. Stop talking to me.
No, seriously...seeing the LWNJ mind fail through your posts is fascinating....

Please, continue.....

The question was there to (hopefully) make you consider the possibility that those "machines that are building things" will in the long run generate more and higher paying jobs than they are dislocating in the short term and hopefully a large slice of those jobs end up here in the United States, whether that happens or not depends largely on whether we have the policies in place to make our domestic economy competitive for manufacturers to locate here.

Advances in technology have a historical tendency to do that, for example , at the turn of the 20th century many people were employed manufacturing horse drawn carriages until the automobile came along and displaced those workers yet in the long run many, many more people ended up being employed at higher wages designing, engineering, building, maintaining and selling automobiles; enriching all market participants and making the economy much more efficient.

Side not, I still have various Craftsman tools (rachets, sockets, torque wrench) from the early 90's. There were a little pricey, and back then Craftsman through Sear's guaranteed them for life, but they are pretty indestructible. I had purchased no name brands (some from China) and they basically became scrap metal after a few uses.
Craftsman as of recent is all China junk....American environmental regulations killed production here....

They recently bought the Craftsman tool brand that liberals were manufacturing in China and were planning on relocating manufacturing to Mexico. Plans have changed with Trump becoming POTUS and they are building their plant here....

MAGA!!!!

Stanley Black & Decker Announce Opening of New U.S. Plant After Trump White House Win - Breitbart

Black and Decker bought the Craftsman brand. This is interesting because I met the CEO of Black and Decker on a remote job site. I was building a machine for Black and Decker and veered from the specs. Here comes the Prez to see what I was doing and he said you are doing right. He invited me to lunch and drinks but I declined saying I am too busy.

They recently bought the Craftsman tool brand that liberals were manufacturing in China and were planning on relocating manufacturing to Mexico. Plans have changed with Trump becoming POTUS and they are building their plant here....

MAGA!!!!

Stanley Black & Decker Announce Opening of New U.S. Plant After Trump White House Win - Breitbart

Black and Decker bought the Craftsman brand. This is interesting because I met the CEO of Black and Decker on a remote job site. I was building a machine for Black and Decker and veered from the specs. Here comes the Prez to see what I was doing and he said you are doing right. He invited me to lunch and drinks but I declined saying I am too busy.
If I am not mistaken, they own the Yankee Candle brand too....

MAGA!!!!

If I am not mistaken, they own the Yankee Candle brand too....

I have never heard of Yankee Candle, what do they do?

Forum List

Back