Make voting laws the same throughout all of the states. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know our system is full of flaws

One state counts all the votes by 10:00 on voting day, another state waits until November 12. In one state you can't use a red sharpie, others say, "Eh, it's okay for Republicans. Most don't bother counting military ballots, whats up with that? People cannot be watchers in one state and the counters hoop and holler when they are thrown out.

One state sends ballots to every citizen while others will send them to people who request them. Each party is running to judges calling foul play because the laws are no the same, or the judge say even though the state law says they can't count a late vote, another says they can.

One state updates their death tolls, another doesn't.

Laws should be the same.
Those are just a few of the problems of having the constitution grant control of elections to the individual states, which set up their own unique election laws and policies.

Another problem you left out if when the federal government (USSC) interprets a states election law differently than the states highest court. Normally the federal government lets states interpret their own laws. And abides by the interpretations made by its courts.

I understand the argument about states rights. However, it’s a federal election.
I’ve been saying this several times over the past few days (past decade or 2, actually) that our voting system is a mess.
The rules are too lax. Just the fact that a state/county saying “they found an additional xyz ballots” is reason enough to reform this. What do you mean you found 59,000 ballots?? Why were they lost? What kind of control over chain of custody is that?
The mail in voting, combined with the poor maintain election of voters rolls (how the F are you gonna have 200,000 people on the rolls that are dead, moved away, etc?), the lack of controls such as not needing ID or not needing a signature, etc... piss poor quality control. There is tighter control and more safeguards with your bank account, your taxes, your medical records, etc.
Every four years, one side or the other feels the other cheated, and has lots of examples of things that AT THE VERY LEAST appear very suspect (and maybe some are). This appearance alone should be reason to tighten things up.
We, as a nation, can not have half the population feeling they were cheated every election. It’s one thing to lose an election. No one likes to lose, but losing fair and square is one thing. You accept your loss, you regroup and try to convince others of your beliefs and prepare for the next election. But losing when there is the appearance of fraud/cheating is unacceptable. It leads to the citizens of the country becoming polarized and tears at the fabric of society.

We could fix this if we wanted to, but we won’t. The politicians don’t mind it, because if there is cheating it gives them the abilityto cheat, and let’s be honest, politicians aren’t exactly known for the moral character. And if there isn’t cheating but just the appearance of it, it gets people to demonize each other. People divided are easier to manipulate and control.
And we the people, at this rate will never come together and demand it is done. That’s because the winning side adamantly denies anything is wrong with the system because they are defending their candidate/side. Never mind the fact that 4 or 8 years ago they themselves were screaming about cheating/fraud. And the side who is screaming about fraud now will be claiming they won fair and square the next 4 or 8 years. And so on and so forth.

If people would just be honest and acknowledge the system is broken, perhaps we could get somewhere.

I completely agree with the reasoning presented by you and Jackson.
However, I am not granting any more power to the Federal Government for any reason whatsoever ... Especially not just because I want something.

If you are serious about wanting to change our election processes ... Stop looking towards the Federal Government to change things.
The States have the ability to come up with better election laws, and you have a far better chance of changing things there.

It is foolish to try and leverage opinions outside of where you are in attempts to get greedy with your desires ... :thup:

I understand the argument about states rights. However, it’s a federal election.
I’ve been saying this several times over the past few days (past decade or 2, actually) that our voting system is a mess.
The rules are too lax. Just the fact that a state/county saying “they found an additional xyz ballots” is reason enough to reform this. What do you mean you found 59,000 ballots?? Why were they lost? What kind of control over chain of custody is that?
The mail in voting, combined with the poor maintain election of voters rolls (how the F are you gonna have 200,000 people on the rolls that are dead, moved away, etc?), the lack of controls such as not needing ID or not needing a signature, etc... piss poor quality control. There is tighter control and more safeguards with your bank account, your taxes, your medical records, etc.
Every four years, one side or the other feels the other cheated, and has lots of examples of things that AT THE VERY LEAST appear very suspect (and maybe some are). This appearance alone should be reason to tighten things up.
We, as a nation, can not have half the population feeling they were cheated every election. It’s one thing to lose an election. No one likes to lose, but losing fair and square is one thing. You accept your loss, you regroup and try to convince others of your beliefs and prepare for the next election. But losing when there is the appearance of fraud/cheating is unacceptable. It leads to the citizens of the country becoming polarized and tears at the fabric of society.

We could fix this if we wanted to, but we won’t. The politicians don’t mind it, because if there is cheating it gives them the abilityto cheat, and let’s be honest, politicians aren’t exactly known for the moral character. And if there isn’t cheating but just the appearance of it, it gets people to demonize each other. People divided are easier to manipulate and control.
And we the people, at this rate will never come together and demand it is done. That’s because the winning side adamantly denies anything is wrong with the system because they are defending their candidate/side. Never mind the fact that 4 or 8 years ago they themselves were screaming about cheating/fraud. And the side who is screaming about fraud now will be claiming they won fair and square the next 4 or 8 years. And so on and so forth.

If people would just be honest and acknowledge the system is broken, perhaps we could get somewhere.

However, I am not granting any more power to the Federal Government for any reason whatsoever ... Especially not just because I want something.

If you are serious about wanting to change our election processes ... Stop looking towards the Federal Government to change things.
The States have the ability to come up with better election laws, and you have a far better chance of changing things there.

It is foolish to try and leverage opinions outside of where you are in attempts to get greedy with your desires ... :thup:

Oh believe me, I don’t want the feds controlling anything. I don’t want them having more power.
In my fantasy, I would have the states come together and come up with a standard they all agree to. I don’t want the feds involved, because all they do is wind up fucking things up and spending an incredible amount of money as they do fuck it up.

One state counts all the votes by 10:00 on voting day, another state waits until November 12. In one state you can't use a red sharpie, others say, "Eh, it's okay for Republicans. Most don't bother counting military ballots, whats up with that? People cannot be watchers in one state and the counters hoop and holler when they are thrown out.

One state sends ballots to every citizen while others will send them to people who request them. Each party is running to judges calling foul play because the laws are no the same, or the judge say even though the state law says they can't count a late vote, another says they can.

Laws should be the same.
The same number of days for early in person voting.
Each counter should have a D and a R checker at the same table.
Voting day voting continues until the last person votes.
Each box is counted twice by another counter, wrapped in saran wrap and out in a locked room.
Military votes go out one month ahead of counting.
No one should receive a send in ballot unless he is set one out.
Complaints should be taken to judges the same day (s) the complaint happens.
Signatures are examined to match their VOTER ID CARD ( FREE OF COST.)
Anyone voting twice is arrested.
USPS employees who hide, destroy ballots will be arrested.

Let's be smart about voting so it doesn't tale weeks or months.

Yes and Yes. Basic stuff. We are 3rd world.

Biden teacher nazi party llr.jpg

During a federal election you need certain rules and procedures to be the same throughout the country, or there would be an "equal protection" argument. That Bush V Gore required equal standards throughout the state of Florida in 2000, so should there be equal standards in the several states during a federal election.

The problem is that the USSC decision said the recount violated "equal protection", and thus invalidated the recount. But their decision was made without addressing that the original count did the same, and by logical extension, also have been invalidated.

In my fantasy, I would have the states come together and come up with a standard they all agree to. I don’t want the feds involved, because all they do is wind up fucking things up and spending an incredible amount of money as they do fuck it up.
If you look at states coordinated response to the coronavirus, you would realize your dream is just a dream.

Laws should be the same.
Each box is counted twice by another counter, wrapped in saran wrap and out in a locked room.

Eliminate the winner-take-all charade that's currently in place in 48 states; we should have known the outcome of this election 72 hours ago.

Agreement Among the States to Elect the President by National Popular Vote

"The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact will guarantee the Presidency to the candidate who receives the most popular votes across all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

"The Compact ensures that every vote, in every state, will matter in every presidential election.

"The Compact is a state-based approach that preserves the Electoral College, state control of elections, and the power of the states to control how the President is elected."

What other things do you want to take from the states? Gun laws, maybe?
This has nothing to do with the 2nd amend

No, just a few other Amendments and state rights.
Why should we allow the states to call their own laws. I f they make the law, they can change the law, right?
One state said that the rule was DON"T USE SHARPIE PENS. IT bleeds to the other side, and the vote can't be read. So what did they do? Gave the Republicans the red sharpies and made them use them No what is better? Same rules or making up your own?

The official republican position is that the federal government has no authority to meddle in elections. Any federal standard for voting would immediately come under attack by republicans who like their voter suppression tactics right where they are.
I don't believe that at all.
I don't believe I care what you believe. Maybe some fellow conservative can explain to you why they fight every federal intervention into any state's authority to conduct elections.

During a federal election you need certain rules and procedures to be the same throughout the country, or there would be an "equal protection" argument. That Bush V Gore required equal standards throughout the state of Florida in 2000, so should there be equal standards in the several states during a federal election.

The problem is that the USSC decision said the recount violated "equal protection", and thus invalidated the recount. But their decision was made without addressing that the original count did the same, and by logical extension, also have been invalidated.

There is nothing that says you cannot encourage the State where you live to create a system you can trust.
In no way should you ever grant the Federal Government the power to change our election laws.

Think about it ... The Democrats today (I am sure not all but the majority) don't even care about avoiding the appearance of impropriety.
Do you actually want to open the door towards allowing people who view our existing election laws like that, the ability to change our laws to whatever they want?

The Federal Government is not there to fix all our problems.
Are you seriously saying you would be comfortable with the opportunity Representative Pelosi, Senator Schumer and President Biden could be deciding our election laws?

What the F*** are you smoking?

Last edited:

Laws should be the same.

You are right. The real crime is the media and the press. They are so unjust and do Americans a great disservice. Because the great majority of American adults do not venture beyond mainstream media, the entertainment industry and bar conversations to where they become informed. The left has brainwashed this nation and they vote accordingly, thanks to the media and corrupt govt agencies totally covering up all of the left’s scandals and sins.

Oh believe me, I don’t want the feds controlling anything. I don’t want them having more power.
You are dealing with Prog governors in many cases. They won't come up with anything working with Repub ones. You can see some of those Prog politicians are crazy.

Well said and so many truisms rolled into one post. The system is absolutely broken. The good news is that when something breaks down completely there is no other option but to repair it, and using duct tape can only go so far.

I totally agree with you that people have been purposely divided socially, economically, ethnically, and the list goes on. Add in the element of those in positions of power exploiting these divisions to ensure the divisions remain in place so that we forget what's important and get caught up in hatred of "the other group" and the never ending cycle of one-upping. The divisions are like putting on blinders, and people in positions of power know this well. I am not saying all people who are in charge are corrupt, but having even one corrupt person at the top of the echelon is one too many.

One thing's a given in the 21 Century, whatever will be done will be known...eventually. It's already happening just not yet utilized in full scale public spectrum. You'd think that would keep more people honest (those who need a deterrent) but it will take getting "there" and we're going there relatively soon due to the exponential growth rate of technology.

Regardless of the slow progress of world civilizations and in particular political corruption, I have great hope that more people will draw a similar conclusion, stop listening to those who profit from divisive manipulation, and build some bridges made of tungsten steel.

There is nothing that says you cannot encourage the State where you live to create a system you can trust.
In no way should you ever grant the Federal Government the power to change our election laws.

What the F*** are you smoking?

First, unless you didn't notice, the feds through amendments to the constitution have already changed election laws in the several states.

From the 14th, to the 17th to the 26th, they made big changes.

Not trusting the feds with election laws reminds me of the people with signs saying they want the feds to keep their hands off medicare.

1604709122518.png

First, unless you didn't notice, the feds through amendments to the constitution have already changed election laws in the several states.

From the 14th, to the 17th to the 26th, they made big changes.

They also created the income tax and have done a whole lot of other shit I am not too happy with.
And if your retarded ass keeps giving them the power to screw you, then I guess the best I can say is that you deserve it ... :thup:

They also created the income tax and have done a whole lot of other shit I am not too happy with.
And if your retarded ass keeps giving them the power to screw you, then I guess the best I can say is that you deserve it ... :thup:

3/4ths of the states had to agree to it.

I am willing to accept that you cannot see the problem with it, and in doing so, realize it would be useless trying to explain it to you ... :dunno:

In fact I kind of chuckled when I went back and read what I had posted ...
You don't have the slightest clue, and there is no reason for me to get upset about it.

Sorry ... Have A Lovely Evening ... :thup:
I get to go hopefully kill some shit in the morning, and if nothing else, just enjoy the great outdoors ... The fresh air will be nice.

As a supporter of states' rights, it still seems rational for national elections to have the same rules for voting/counting etc. in all states. It's a relatively easy fix, and should only take about 7.5 years to get through congressional factions, although that might be too optimistic. Some representatives would be told by his or her constituents (top donors) to fight to keep their state's election rules in place, for whatever reason as it's subjective. The majority of US voters, however, would back this to avoid what we're experiencing now. There will be more close elections, likely one in 2024, and as a voter I'll be one of many who contact my state representative about this sensible solution..

Simple solutions work best most of the time, including feasible political solutions.

Once AGAIN............ you can't put "federal standards" on something that the federal government doesn't even require. No more than you could put federal standards on, say, driver's licenses.

It is the states who choose to have elections at all, and it is those states who EACH decide how they will do it.

I am willing to accept that you cannot see the problem with it, and in doing so, realize it would be useless trying to explain it to you ... :dunno:

It takes a simple majority to win an election. And a simple majority to make law.

But it takes a super majority (2/3rds) to propose an amendment to the constitution, and a super-duper (3/4ths) majority to ratify an amendment.

Clearly this is a very high hurdle, and requires a huge majority of the people of the country to agree to it.

What do you have against the people, deciding what they want? Or what don't you trust about the people knowing what they want?

Once AGAIN............ you can't put "federal standards" on something that the federal government doesn't even require. No more than you could put federal standards on, say, driver's licenses.
Oh what a can of worms you open with drivers licenses.

Finally, if you're a young driver, check with the Department of Motor Vehicles in the state you are going to visit. Some states have lower driving ages, and you may not be allowed to drive in another state. For example, although New York may have a driving age of 16, New Jersey may set it at 17 and a 16 year old licensed New York driver may not be a valid driver in New Jersey.

They are an exception to the privileges and immunities clause

The same with marriage licenses until the USSC recognized same sex marriages

On June 26, 2015, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down all state bans on same-sex marriage, legalized it in all fifty states, and required states to honor out-of-state same-sex marriage licenses in the case Obergefell v. Hodges.

States are free to set the law of who can vote in their local elections, but congress sets a citizenship requirement for federal elections.

Forum List

Back