Make a prediction (economy)

Though high stock prices aren't really a good things because the rich are the only ones in the market.
All the people in these forums who talk about how their 401ks have done are rich?

Actually I guess that makes me rich too... nice. I think I'll go buy some caviar.

Only 36% of the nation is in the market.
Okay set let me get your math and logic clear... you say "the rich are the only ones in the market" then back that claim up by saying only 36% of the nation is in the market?

So basically you believe 36% of the nation is the rich.

Okay, then you are now abandoning your claim that only the rich are in the market, that useful tidbit didn't last long did it?

I'm sure your new claim that 64% of people are poor or struggling to get by would stand up to scrutiny about as well.

Okay, then you are now abandoning your claim that only the rich are in the market, that useful tidbit didn't last long did it?

I'm sure your new claim that 64% of people are poor or struggling to get by would stand up to scrutiny about as well.

Most adult's in America now have smart phone toys at $120 a month
so most are not struggling to get by.

I realize this.

NatrualGas is using some seriously puddle deep logic by taking a statistic "36% are in the market" and using it to say everyone else is either poor or struggling to get by. I call bullshit on that, I have coworkers who don't save shit for retirement despite having good software engineer salaries... they drive BMWs, eat out all the time, take road trips to Vegas every month, etc. they don't invest shit but they are neither poor nor struggling to get by.

I never made that claim about the rich. You mentioned it not me. 36% of the nation are in the market. You need excess money to be in the market and since the market is acvording to you doing so well why isnt more of the nation in it. See you arent making any damn sense but my theory does. Let me know when you finally figure it out. I already have.

I realize this.

NatrualGas is using some seriously puddle deep logic by taking a statistic "36% are in the market" and using it to say everyone else is either poor or struggling to get by. I call bullshit on that, I have coworkers who don't save shit for retirement despite having good software engineer salaries... they drive BMWs, eat out all the time, take road trips to Vegas every month, etc. they don't invest shit but they are neither poor nor struggling to get by.
Most view a smart phone or a hd tv as a necessity. Bmw trips to vegas are luxurys that many cant even consider because they are barely getting by. See this country over last six years has been forced to get conservat and pay down their debts rather than going on vacations and getting approved for the next big burden. There is hardly a middle class only poor and rich. Which explains why only 36%

No. They are struggling. Many people just have their priorities mixed up. Not many are good savers.

Your assumption is just a whiney absurdity. I know plenty of not-wealthies who invest but I agree many peeps across the economic spectrum have mixed-up priorities.

No. They are struggling. Many people just have their priorities mixed up. Not many are good savers.

Your assumption is just a whiney absurdity. I know plenty of not-wealthies who invest but I agree many peeps across the economic spectrum have mixed-up priorities.
They are whats left of the middle class or keep their expenses low to be able to invest. However, many people if they sacrifice more will have to cut food or necessities.

They are whats left of the middle class or keep their expenses low to be able to invest. However, many people if they sacrifice more will have to cut food or necessities.

More whining. You sound like someone who missed the last few years of market gains. I'm really sorry 'bout that ... wait ... no I'm not. Your bad.
:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

More whining. You sound like someone who missed the last few years of market gains. I'm really sorry 'bout that ... wait ... no I'm not. Your bad.
Lol.. you just exposed yourself. Liberal. What abour that middle class? How about we cut through the bullshit and get straight to the point.

Lol.. you just exposed yourself. Liberal. What abour that middle class? How about we cut through the bullshit and get straight to the point.

Interesting. Please explain how my comments led you to that conclusion (this should be good).

Last edited:

Interesting. Please explain how my comments led you to that conclusion (this should be good).
Sure no problem. Has the middle class shrunk under obama or increased? Answer this question and you will have your expected answer.

Sure no problem. Has the middle class shrunk under obama or increased? Answer this question and you will have your expected answer.

Definitely shrunken but your question didn't answer my question. What about my posts led you to believe I'm a liberal?

Definitely shrunken but your question didn't answer my question. What about my posts led you to believe I'm a liberal?
Then now you know why and who that 36% in the market is. The rich and whats left with the middle class which ok isnt many. Your not liberal just misinformed.

What happens to economy when the printing of money stops when they say in will in a matter not weeks? Will the market respond negatively? How about the next step which is raising interest rates?

Returning to the OP......

I assume you are referring to the Fed's announcement that it will no longer actively by a buyer in the bond markets. I seriously doubt that the markets will make any noticeable reaction beyond a couple of days as this has been expected for a long time. There is zero chance that this move will have any effect on the monetary base or interest rates with real rates at the zero lower bound and two and a half trillion in excess bank reserves.

Of course the usual suspects who have been warning of inflation (Zimbabwe I tell you! Zimbabwe!) whose advice has lost investors over a trillion dollars in the bond market alone will cry wolf again.

Reference to "printing money" is a giveaway that a person hasn't taken then few minutes to learn the operation of the American monetary system. We have plowed this ground dozens of times here before.

Just heard on foxbusiness that they were going to stop printing to means test this economy.

That's why you shouldn't watch Fox Business.

In fact, that's the first time I've ever heard of someone who did!

First time you heard of foxbusiness? Interesting.. Great news station. Better than foxnews. I also like the OAN network.

Awesome.

Now I know 1 of the 14 Americans who watch FBN.

We have plowed this ground dozens of times here before.

a will a million times more with disorganized fools like you always going in circles with no clue what you are doing.

Yes dear, the issue is always freedom versus govt. Why not defend your side or admit you lack the IQ to be here?

What abour that middle class? How about we cut through the bullshit and get straight to the point.

libearals killed middle class with:
1) liberal unions
2) liberal corporate taxes
3) liberal schools that produce dumbest kids in world
4) liberal attack on and destruction of American family.
5) liberal deficits
6) liberal undocumented illegals

Forum List

Back