Maine Governor "no more snowmobiles/Jet skis for welfare recipients

Governor Paul LePage is responding to the the taxpayers of Maine, obviously weary of seeing those collecting social benefits buying and using items which most working middle class people view as luxury items.
So a new regulation is being proposed that no one with more than $5000 in assets will be eligible for SNAP benefits....If this goes into effect, score one for the good guys....
No More Jet Skis, Maine Tells Food Stamp Recipients

This would mean that most people who own a car less than 10 years would not qualify. This is a horrible idea, but a very good example of how meddlesome government rules create unintended, negative consequences.

“Maine Gov. Paul LePage (R) is tired of able-bodied food stamp recipients zipping around on snowmobiles instead of looking for jobs.”

Maine Gov. Paul LePage (R) is an idiot, just because one owns a snowmobile doesn't mean he's not looking for a job.

Those with common sense are tired of moronic republicans and conservatives seeking to enact unwarranted punitive measures against Americans solely because they're low income or poor.

Those with common sense don't read your stupid blathering.

If someone wants to put back 50 bucks per month until they can buy a jet ski...Why should they be stopped? It is called freedom.

Welfare, taking money from one person and giving it another, is freedom?

Is armed robbery also freedom?

Governor Paul LePage is responding to the the taxpayers of Maine, obviously weary of seeing those collecting social benefits buying and using items which most working middle class people view as luxury items.
So a new regulation is being proposed that no one with more than $5000 in assets will be eligible for SNAP benefits....If this goes into effect, score one for the good guys....
Illegal and Unconstitutional. Will be tossed out. TeaTards ain't learned their lesson yet I suppose...all these IGNORANT attacks on the poor but let's not get them some education or job training and get them OFF welfare.

"Unconstitutional" based on what?

What is to prevent a SNAPper from simply giving whatever he has to the SHACK UP broad he's living with, and vice versa?...They going to CHECK these people, or is that RACIST, BIASED, and possibly HOMOPHOBIC!
According to the left wing soothsayers, all three.

What a bunch of shit....

The corporate asshole making 20,000,000/year can buy what he damn well pleases as he pays his workers shit. A lot of these poor people are the workers that are paid shit.

I hope no poor person votes republican.
Umm, that welfare money comes from the pockets of taxpayers.
The private sector is none of government's or your business.
The two are mutually exclusive.
Question....Do you believe it logical for a person living off the taxpayer dole to use that money to purchase luxury items?
I sure as hell don't.....In fact I can't afford such things. So I think it is a fantastic idea to cut off those who have these assets.
Why is it you believe the welfare slug is entitled to these things and to live a higher standard of living than the same people who work and pay the taxes that allow the people living off those taxes to have such things?
You fucking libs live in a fantasy land. You don't give a shit because it doesn't come out of your no tax paying pocket.
Look, pal. If you want a welfare recipient to own a $10k jet ski or snow machine, YOU buy the fuckin thing, Don't you DARE demand I buy it.
And don't ever come back with the CEO/corporate anything argument. It doesn't cut it.
The subject is government. Don't try to include the private sector as an offset. The argument is rejected.

What a bunch of shit....

The corporate asshole making 20,000,000/year can buy what he damn well pleases as he pays his workers shit. A lot of these poor people are the workers that are paid shit.

I hope no poor person votes republican.
BTW, YOU are a bunch of SHIT.....

If someone wants to put back 50 bucks per month until they can buy a jet ski...Why should they be stopped? It is called freedom.
NO...Not a welfare recipient. If they can afford to buy such luxuries they do not need to be living off the taxpayers.
How anyone can agree with this is a mystery.

The evil Penguin, is an ice cold arrogant, pompous, spawn of Satan, jerk....

he wont be called a bigot or a racist, the state is 98% white, it's mostly WHITE families he's hurting....though i do suspect he's doing this to harm the Somali refugees put here and making certain no more come to join them....

He grew up in an orphanage, (no one wanted him...) so no one should get any more help than he got...he's truly mentally disturbed.

how bout i tell you what i think of him......

:D
What the hell are you yammering about?
If you cannot stay on point, then don't comment.
Nobody cares what you think of the governor of Maine. Your personal problems are not the issue.

he's just gonna take the money and give it to the wealthiest, as he always does.
HUH?...Ok. That does not rise to the level of vapid.
Obviously you have some kind of emotional attachment to these welfare people. Fine. YOU buy them a snow machine.
Oh,. snow machines are NOT a necessity for recipients of public assistance as most live in urban and suburban areas. For those in rural areas, yes. In winter I can see the need.
However, the that is not the problem. Once again, too many people on public assistance are gaming the system....

Illegal and Unconstitutional. Will be tossed out. TeaTards ain't learned their lesson yet I suppose...all these IGNORANT attacks on the poor but let's not get them some education or job training and get them OFF welfare.

"Unconstitutional" based on what?
Based on emotional outbursts.

Laws like this have already been struck down as unconstitutional in other states. The money belongs to the recipient and is controlled by the recipient, not by some government official.

(In fact, the money the Governor would have to spend on enforcing his law would be enough to buy several dozen used snowmobiles each year.)
Ahh I get it. Enforcement of the law costs too much. So we allow those gaming the system to commit fraud with impunity. Great.
Why is it you libs' idea of compassion always begins in the pockets of others?

Wonder how many republicans here realize that welfare doesn't automatically mean not working. It also means majority of time working but getting few hours or shit pay thanks to their free trade loving politicians sending jobs overseas and kissing the ass of corporations paying peanuts for pay.

his fat lazy ass couldn't fit on a snowmobile

and how in heavens name does he even know who is on a snow mobile? In addition, food stamps are mostly working families not young adults unemployed.
Then feel free to write a check. Or pick a family and YOU buy them a snow machine or jet ski.

Six financial firms that received billions in bailout dollars still owned and operated fleets of jets to carry executives to company events and personal trips. Those assholes cost taxpayers $trillions.
Non sequitur. This issue concerns the taxpaying working people of Maine.

This would mean that most people who own a car less than 10 years would not qualify. This is a horrible idea, but a very good example of how meddlesome government rules create unintended, negative consequences.
Hey, if one wants public assistance, there are strings attached.
When one accepts the largess of others, it comes with certain responsibilities. It is not "free" money.

Wonder how many republicans here realize that welfare doesn't automatically mean not working. It also means majority of time working but getting few hours or shit pay thanks to their free trade loving politicians sending jobs overseas and kissing the ass of corporations paying peanuts for pay.
Care to miss the point by any more of a wider berth?

Forum List

Back