Food Stamp Rolls Plummet Because of Work Requirement

In MANY STATES, EBT cards can be used at liquor stores.

And strip clubs....

One can get cash back from their EBT account at any outlet that accepts debit cards and gives cash back.

What's to stop someone from getting cash at a liquor store or strip club and using taxpayer money to fund booze and lap dances?

Dem lawmakers don't give a shit, they just want the votes. They don't care about waste in the system.

Food stamps cannot be spent like cash.

Sure they can, and the professional leaches know how.

Well by all means explain to us how the food stamp credit on SNAP card can be used to buy booze.

Little mom and pop stores in the ghetto often trade food stamps for cash. They pay pennies on the dollar and make out while in the meantime, the person with the food stamps gets cash to go and buy whatever they want.

A few weeks ago at my grocery store, some guy was in line asking me if he could buy a couple of my items using food stamps, and I just buy my items off of him for cash after we check out, and I would get those items at half price. I didn't do it, but another lowlife behind us did. He took about 40 dollars of the mans items, paid for them with food stamps, and when they were done, he gave the man his items back and the customer gave the food stamp guy a $20.00 bill. They both made out.

Interesting you boneheads are so concerned about the poor receiving welfare benefits but don't say a word about corporate welfare which costs this country Billions more.

No, welfare is giving somebody something they didn't have or earn. Not taking as much from companies is not welfare at all. Corporate Welfare is a liberal term meaning tax breaks.

More evidence that conservatives are obsessed with widening the gap between rich and poor.

Why, because we don't want to rape companies of their money?

Interesting you boneheads are so concerned about the poor receiving welfare benefits but don't say a word about corporate welfare which costs this country Billions more.

No, welfare is giving somebody something they didn't have or earn. Not taking as much from companies is not welfare at all. Corporate Welfare is a liberal term meaning tax breaks.

Is public education for poor people giving them something they didn't earn?

Depends if they are helping to pay for the schools or not. If they are in a HUD house and don't pay property taxes for the school, sure it's welfare.

Alabama began 2017 by requiring able-bodied adults without children in 13 counties to either find a job or participate in work training as a condition for continuing to receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits.

According to AL.com, the number of those recipients declined from 5,538 to 831 between Jan. 1 and the beginning of May – an 85 percent drop.

Alabama has about 850,000 residents on SNAP, so reducing by 4000 was a .5% reduction.
As opposed to steady increases. Positive, don't you think? Perhaps you missed the fact that they implemented the changes in select counties, not statewide.

I work with industry all day long. Some of our customers use temporary agencies for their help. They do this for two reasons: the first is to be able to adjust their workforce based on how busy they are, and the other is to try out people first before offering them a full-time job with the company.

When things get busy and they ask their temps if they could work more hours, many of them refuse. Why? Because they can only make a certain amount every month, and if they exceed that amount, it cuts into their food stamps. So for them, it's like working for free.

Of course companies don't offer those type of people full-time jobs when a job becomes available, so in the end, giving people food stamps hurts them more than helps.

A few years I had to evict some tenants of mine. Why? Because of food stamps. It's just plain silly already.

Alabama began 2017 by requiring able-bodied adults without children in 13 counties to either find a job or participate in work training as a condition for continuing to receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits.

According to AL.com, the number of those recipients declined from 5,538 to 831 between Jan. 1 and the beginning of May – an 85 percent drop.

Alabama has about 850,000 residents on SNAP, so reducing by 4000 was a .5% reduction.
Distort the math much????

You wouldn't have a preconceived political agenda, would you?

Then you tell us what percentage of 850,000 4000 is.
It's irrelevant. The changes were done to a population of 5538, not the entire state. But you knew that, and are only trying to cloud the issue.

These are the reasons why that there are so many that is on welfare.

kUuht00m_bigger.jpg
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 12h12 hours ago
The United States made some of the worst Trade Deals in world history.Why should we continue these deals with countries that do not help us?

14,160 replies20,112 retweets93,320 likes

Mental health issues among academics in UK universities are on the rise.

Mental health problems are on the rise among UK academics amid the pressures of greater job insecurity, constant demand for results and an increasingly marketised higher education system.

University counselling staff and workplace health experts have seen a steady increase in numbers seeking help for mental health problems over the past decade, with research indicating nearly half of academics show symptoms of psychological distress. Dark thoughts: why mental illness is on the rise in academia

The Youth Gangs, Drugs, and Violence Connection https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/93920.pdf

hey stupid .5 is fifty perecent

.05 is half of ten percent

.005 is half of one percent

look it up sometime

before you make yourself look any stupider

you posted

850,000 residents on SNAP, so reducing by 4000 was a .5% reduction

do the math

4000/850,000= .004705

.5 x 850,000 = 425000 folks not 4000

.5% is one half of one percent.
Half of 1 percent written as decimal is

Answer: Option D

Explanation:

It will be 1/2(1%) = 1/2(1/100) = 1/200 = 0.005

Here, dimwit...go argue with Google and leave those of us with an education alone:

Google

the correct thing for you to post would have been 5%

not point 5 percent

5% of 850,000 is what?
Irrelevant.

WORK, A 4 letter word for deadbeats.

If you live with a welfare recipient and need to hide your money from them, all you have to do is hide it under their work boots and they'll never find it.

WORK is a four letter word for deadbeats because they don't have JOBS, which is three letter word according to Joe Biden.

And strip clubs....

One can get cash back from their EBT account at any outlet that accepts debit cards and gives cash back.

What's to stop someone from getting cash at a liquor store or strip club and using taxpayer money to fund booze and lap dances?

Dem lawmakers don't give a shit, they just want the votes. They don't care about waste in the system.

Well by all means explain to us how the food stamp credit on SNAP card can be used to buy booze.

Little mom and pop stores in the ghetto often trade food stamps for cash. They pay pennies on the dollar and make out while in the meantime, the person with the food stamps gets cash to go and buy whatever they want.

A few weeks ago at my grocery store, some guy was in line asking me if he could buy a couple of my items using food stamps, and I just buy my items off of him for cash after we check out, and I would get those items at half price. I didn't do it, but another lowlife behind us did. He took about 40 dollars of the mans items, paid for them with food stamps, and when they were done, he gave the man his items back and the customer gave the food stamp guy a $20.00 bill. They both made out.

Yes, they made out with other people's tax dollars...how wonderful.

They both colluded to commit fraud.

And the thing is this goes on all the time.

And many think that's just fine and bring on more of it
That's what Trump will end and that's what some are unhinged about

That's part of the Swamp he is draining. That is wasting my tax money through fraud. It should be stopped.

It's not just Trump, it's conservative leadership. Liberals believe the way to solve poverty is to give poor people more things: more food stamps, better government housing, better medical care for poor people, free school lunches, breakfast and dinner even in the summer when schools are out.

The promotion of government dependency is also to promote more personal irresponsibility. The reduction of government dependency promotes more personal responsibility.

give credit to Trump for something that happened before he took office ..

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Like what?

View attachment 137207

SNAP outlays fell for the third straight year and were 4 percent lower in 2016 than in 2015. The only time since 2000 when SNAP spending declined faster was in 2014 when the Recovery Act’s SNAP benefit boost ended. In 2016 SNAP spending dropped to its lowest point since 2010, and more than 11 percent below 2013 peak levels.

SNAP Caseload and Spending Declines Accelerated in 2016

So Obama was the bad guy for letting states opt out of work requirements when we had 10% unemployment. LOL
You didn't have to work you dope. Go to college,volunteer,go to tech school,community college whatever just do SOMETHING to help your self get ahead in life. The goal is get people OFF of fs and back to work.

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Like what?

View attachment 137207

SNAP outlays fell for the third straight year and were 4 percent lower in 2016 than in 2015. The only time since 2000 when SNAP spending declined faster was in 2014 when the Recovery Act’s SNAP benefit boost ended. In 2016 SNAP spending dropped to its lowest point since 2010, and more than 11 percent below 2013 peak levels.

SNAP Caseload and Spending Declines Accelerated in 2016

Oh, and we should give DumBama credit for that?

GOP Wants to Cut $23 Billion From Food Stamps

House 2017 Budget Plan Would Slash SNAP by More Than $150 Billion Over Ten Years

Forum List

Back