Main Stream Reporting On Kerry Problem

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.suntimes.com/output/elect/cst-nws-lips28.html

2. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Is Kerry beginning to wonder why his campaign has not focused on his 20 year Senate career? Rather than his 4 month combat experience.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    One would hope so, but it seems that he was in Washington today and 'reporting for duty' used again. ~sigh~ Typical, just stay with 'they are lying' and hope for the best.

Noticed several dem advisors today with talking point: "Bush must call for an end to Swiftboatvets ads..." When asked why Kerry doesn't do the same with Moveon.org and others..."They are not smear ads..." The GOP: :bang3:

4. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Don't think that we have anything here. the phraseology cited in the article is pretty much standard boiler-plate that is added as part of the closing paragraph of any citation for valor. And, in fairness, I would think that it would be a little unrealistic for the Secretary of the Navy to remember paperwork for a citation for a Silver Star awarded over 35 years ago. Besides, that "autopen" was probably one of Lehman's adminstrative assistants signing Lehaman's name for him, so it is quite likely that Lehman never saw the citation.

I think you know I'd be leading the cheering section for any legit information that shows kerry's lack of character. But other than receiving a Silver Star which he probably does not deserve, I don't think we have anything new here. Shucks.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

I think the 'story' is not the signature. The citation was 'revised' including the 'V' that is not part of the Silver Star. Any changes to the citation would take Lehman's ok, not just the autopen. This was when Kerry was a Senator, Lehman certainly would have recognized the name.