Maher, Dawkins and "regressive leftism"

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Bill Maher is a fierce defender of freedom of expression, and Richard Dawkins is a pretty well-known atheist and evolutionary biologist (not to mention a buddy of the late, great Christopher Hitchens, rest in peace, Hitch).

Turns out Maher (of all people) was "dis-invited" from speaking at Cal Berkeley in 2014 for his opinions on Islam.

Dawkins, from the conversation:

"What a betrayal we're seeing now with campuses all over the Western world over -- America and Britain -- are denying people the right to come and speak on campuses. If you can't speak your mind on a university campus, where can you? I mean, that's what universities are about."

Yes....yes....you are right, Mac. ALL liberals are eager to deny others their right to express themselves. You've spent years trying to convince me...a liberal.....of this.

And....in spite of the fact that you have had me on "ignore"....essentially doing what you accuse universities of doing.....for a couple years now....you've succeeded. Liberals.....unlike you.....deny others their opportunity to speak their mind.

Awesome.

Puhhh leaze. Fuck Islam and all but its not some magical fuggin right to speak at a College, god damn you cry too much. If you dont speak your mind on a campus where can you? Lalalalalalalemme educate these otherwise "wise" men, since Mac is apparently inept: ON HBO!!!!, On youtube, on your own website, on the talking head circuit, on any random fuckin street corner, on twitter, on facebook, on a podcast, in your shower, preferably while singing. Oops. Problem resolved, no real problem to begin with! Poor guy.

Bill Maher is a fierce defender of freedom of expression, and Richard Dawkins is a pretty well-known atheist and evolutionary biologist (not to mention a buddy of the late, great Christopher Hitchens, rest in peace, Hitch).

Turns out Maher (of all people) was "dis-invited" from speaking at Cal Berkeley in 2014 for his opinions on Islam.

Dawkins, from the conversation:

"What a betrayal we're seeing now with campuses all over the Western world over -- America and Britain -- are denying people the right to come and speak on campuses. If you can't speak your mind on a university campus, where can you? I mean, that's what universities are about."

Speaking engagements at campuses are not a 'right'.

Lol intolerance is worse when its acted upon says one of the few dunderheads that needs to engage the "block" feature because anyone Ive ever seen own his poorly thought illogical OPs gets responded to "ok, you disagree so block." Lol "intolerance when its acted upon."

Lets see if mac addresses the elephant in the room that the question "if you cant speak your mind, where can you" has been asked and answered and proven a non issue. Thread dismissed.

Did I say they were?

Starting off when straw men again, are we?

You put it in your OP, quoting Dawkins:

"all over the Western world over -- America and Britain -- are denying people the right to come and speak on campuses."

Maybe next time read what you cut and paste.

Let's pick a university......any university. Then, we'll examine the calendar of events there for the past two years. We will also take a look at the list of faculty and guest instructors.

I'll wager that said university has allowed a wide variety of opinions on just about all topics to be represented in that span of time.

Anyone want to do that with me? Mac? You game?

Did I say they were?

"all over the Western world over -- America and Britain -- are denying people the right to come and speak on campuses."

Ah, so Dawkins said it. Okay, you're right.

And I'm glad to see you pushing against this thread, and I saw that a couple of my little stalker friends weighed in too, no doubt not very positively.

The regressive leftists always self-identity for me.

Let's pick a university......any university. Then, we'll examine the calendar of events there for the past two years. We will also take a look at the list of faculty and guest instructors.

I'll wager that said university has allowed a wide variety of opinions on just about all topics to be represented in that span of time.

engaging facts that dismantle his peabrained fears is "trolling." He can have no such facts in evidence.

Bill Maher has a fucking television show that reaches pretty much as many people who would care to watch it...

...and he's crying about having his right to speak denied?

How many of you have a television show?

engaging facts that dismantle his peabrained fears is "trolling." He can have no such facts in evidence.

Does that passive aggressive pansy have you on "iggy" too?

Did I say they were?

Ah, so Dawkins said it. Okay, you're right.

And I'm glad to see you pushing against this thread, and I saw that a couple of my little stalker friends weighed in too, no doubt not very positively.

The regressive leftists always self-identity for me.

And right on cue you start crying about 'stalkers'.

Forum List

Back