MAGA?

I hope you didn't vote for Trump, with him you got lots of garbage dick heads in charge.
Just like we would have had under Cankles... and as we did have under Big Ears and dipshit W.

Clinton would of been much better, now we have the Cons in total charge, hopefully not for long.
Sadly...you silly partisans are blind. There is little difference between the two criminal gangs. This is as evident as the nose on your face, but somehow you miss it.

Big Ears bombed 8 countries, yet few consider him a warmonger like W. I guess the DNC MSM still has a hold on many American's minds.

I hope you didn't vote for Trump, with him you got lots of garbage dick heads in charge.
Just like we would have had under Cankles... and as we did have under Big Ears and dipshit W.

Clinton would of been much better, now we have the Cons in total charge, hopefully not for long.
Sadly...you silly partisans are blind. There is little difference between the two criminal gangs. This is as evident as the nose on your face, but somehow you miss it.

Big Ears bombed 8 countries, yet few consider him a warmonger like W. I guess the DNC MSM still has a hold on many American's minds.
There are a couple distinct, and markedly different distinctions between the two. Not the least of which is the types of judges they appoint. History has shown me that these choices have the longest lasting, and most dramatic effect on the governance of our nation.

Hmmm... the article say the money is going to VA hospitals instead. Many of the homeless vets have substance abuse problems, seems like the money is better used in that treatment.

Yes treat them and send them back to the streets. we need to give tax cuts to the elites and wealthy.

The money was for temporary shelter, if you treat them (this may mean housed while in treatment) they can take advantage of the more permanent housing the VA also tries to provide.

Still waiting for Trump to declare China a currency manipulator, like he promised his suckers.

It’s threads like these that put a smile on my face. To watch the collective left continually throw tantrums about President Trump is the gift that keeps on giving.

Synthaholic icon

What's wrong with your eye?
You tell me.

157217-a766779a0c914ae990884aec3e08c679.jpg

The V.A. couldn't even offer simple medical treatment that Veterans expected and deserved during the Hussein administration but the left never complained for some reason. Veterans were dying while they were waiting in line. The V.A. affords psychiatric counseling for substance abusers but there simply isn't enough money in the V.A. or the bureaucratic ability to deal with housing for drug addicted and alcoholic homeless people nor is it within the V.A.'s parameter to attempt such a thing. Housing for the homeless whether they are veterans or not is the bureaucratic responsibility of other federal agencies. The V.A. isn't equipped to deal with it and the President was quite correct in streamlining redundant and often competing agencies who often collect a check for doing nothing.

The V.A. couldn't even offer simple medical treatment that Veterans expected and deserved during the Hussein administration but the left never complained for some reason. Veterans were dying while they were waiting in line. The V.A. affords psychiatric counseling for substance abusers but there simply isn't enough money in the V.A. or the bureaucratic ability to deal with housing for drug addicted and alcoholic homeless people nor is it within the V.A.'s parameter to attempt such a thing. Housing for the homeless whether they are veterans or not is the bureaucratic responsibility of other federal agencies. The V.A. isn't equipped to deal with it and the President was quite correct in streamlining redundant and often competing agencies who often collect a check for doing nothing.

Actually this thread died because the Politico article claiming Trump killed a Vet program, that gained a lot of attention.... was never updated when the information came out that there were going to be no such cuts.

Trump has played all his rubes for the suckers that they are. Just the latest example:

VA slashes program that helps homeless veterans obtain housing: report

Did you even read the article?

VA Secretary David Shulkin reportedly told those on the call that the money for the program would now go to VA hospitals for use as they see fit. The hospitals must show that they are working to deal with homelessness as part of their work, according to Politico.

The decision comes after a joint press conference between Shulkin and Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson at a Washington, D.C., homeless shelter in which the two announced a new commitment to ending homelessness among the nation’s veterans.

More than half of the veterans housed via the program have problems like chronic illness or substance abuse, according to Politico.

Sounds to me like this is a better solution to be honest. If they have such issues, then they are probably better off taking up residence in a VA facility, where they can get the treatment they need. And that money can be better spent for all patients.

And for those that are then ready to move out of the facility and take up their lives again, let them fall under HUD. That is really what it is for after all.

Of course, what would I know? I only spent 2 years at a homeless veteran facility myself.

Forum List

Back