Madeleine Albright, groundbreaking secretary of state and feminist icon, dies at 84

I hated it when Trump took over the government, started a world war, and sent all his political opponents to death camps.

That was a little over the line

What a prophet she was!
Trump did not start a war, he ended one by removing the #1 terrorist in the world and the Solemani's murderous machine, i.e., fellow terrorists of the United States whose brethren knocked themselves out murdering as many Americans as they could on 9/11.

FOj2NEIX0Ag9zrY

View attachment 620070

yikes..........one of THE dumbest Secretary of States in the past 40 years...and considering who else has held that position in recent years...that's sayin' a lot. This must be post mortem.
You are grossly mistaken, and I'm sad to see it. Madeline Albright did a good job when she was secretary of state, and she had the best website of its day, which informed her fellow Americans who was naughty and who was nice to Americans travelling or living abroad. She was right on the money and the one bright light in the entire presidency of Bill Clinton. She saved a lot of American lives in every way she could. She came up in the school of hard knocks, living through Hitler's hacksawing her religious compatriots to death. She used her horror of evil rulers to make the State Department a stellar one. I bless all the good she did as an American to teach others what could bring them lifelong grief if they traveled to a hostile state. I don't understand all this flak she is receiving, and no I don't agree with everything she said, but I love what she did for her fortunately adopted country, the United States of America. Her entire life was a selfless giving of her amazing talents and wisdom.

At a time when refugees are fleeing a brutal war of aggression, Madeleine Albright’s inspiring life is a powerful reminder of how those who arrive here with nothing but dreams have made our nation stronger and our world more peaceful.

RIP

Madeleine Jana Korbel Albright, the first female secretary of state, who arrived in the U.S. as a young girl from war-torn Czechoslovakia before becoming a political and feminist icon, died Wednesday at 84.

Albright's death from cancer was confirmed by her family in a statement posted to Twitter on Wednesday.
Albright, who served as secretary of state from 1997 to 2001 under President Bill Clinton, pushed for NATO expansion eastward into the former Soviet bloc and helped lead the NATO bombing campaign in 1999 to halt ethnic cleansing in Kosovo. She previously served as Clinton's U.S. ambassador to the United Nations from 1993 to 1997.
Born in Prague in 1937, Albright – then Madeleine Korbel – fled to England with her family in 1939, less than two weeks after Nazi Germany invaded Czechoslovakia. While her family was of Jewish ancestry, she was raised Roman Catholic and only learned at the time of her 1997 secretary of state confirmation that three of her grandparents died in the Holocaust.
Albright's family lived in the cellar of an apartment in Notting Hill before returning to Prague after World War II. They moved to the U.S. in 1948 after the communist takeover of Czechoslovakia. Her family eventually settled in Denver, where her father worked as a dean of the school of international relations at the University of Denver.
"I lived in many, many places," Albright told USA TODAY in 2020 when she was recognized as one of USA TODAY's Women of the Century. "I was asked to describe myself in six words at dinner, which were 'worried, optimist, problem solver, grateful American.
Colin Powell has died of COVID.

Took the bitch long enough…
How dare you use an expletive to describe a woman who saved so many Americans lives by printing the truth in her State Department notes on every country in the world and whether it was safe or not to travel there. Her family survived an indescribable holocaust, and I'm glad they found there way here. Their daughter Madeline made an outstanding contribution to this country with her love for people suffering dictatorships in the world and her wise warnings through her directions of travel safety that were available to all American citizens, no exceptions. She didn't pull strings on anyone who didn't deserve it. And when she walked the halls of the United Nations, she did it in a courteous, good-natured way. She earned that medal of freedom she won. and she was one of the few people in her political party who could change minds jsut by her knowledge, her experience, and her dedication to the common defense of her fellow Americans.

The old hag could allow the deaths of 500,000 children and y'all'd would still be singing her praises...ohh wait....that is EXACTLY what she did. Fine. you put her on a pedestal..the left has lost their damn minds anyway. who cares. But we're not gonna do it.

View attachment 620070

yikes..........one of THE dumbest Secretary of States in the past 40 years...and considering who else has held that position in recent years...that's sayin' a lot. This must be post mortem.
Err, not so fast, genius. For your edification:
Along with her family, Albright immigrated to the United States in 1948 from Czechoslovakia. Her father, diplomat Josef Korbel, settled the family in Denver, Colorado, and she became a U.S. citizen in 1957. Albright graduated from Wellesley College in 1959 and earned a PhD from Columbia University in 1975, writing her thesis on the Prague Spring. and when she married, she joined the Episcopalian church.
Children: 3
Education: Wellesley College (BA), Johns Hopkins University, Columbia University (MA, PhD)

Madeleine Albright - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeleine_Albright
There's more...
Albright joined the academic staff at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., in 1982, specializing in Eastern European studies. She also directed the university's program on women in global politics. Albright represented the United States as our Ambassador to the United Nations and was Secretary of State for 4 years after that. In 2012, Madeline Albright awarded the United States Medal of Freedom. And a whole lot of other stuff is at the above biography of her at Wikipedia.
Her college named a building after her.

She fretted over the heinous genocides being carried on in tribal Africa. She was colorblind to race. She had heart, she had intelligence, and she spent her life well. May she rest in peace, blessed by the Lord.

The old hag could allow the deaths of 500,000 children and y'all'd would still be singing her praises...ohh wait....that is EXACTLY what she did. Fine. you put her on a pedestal..the left has lost their damn minds anyway. who cares. But we're not gonna do it.
Giving credit where credit is due is not necessarily putting someone on a pedestal. This woman earned her way by overcoming the loss of family in WWII due to Hitler's blitzkreig through European countries in which genocide was practiced in the third Reich and country by country, Hitler pulled the same genocide in every country he "conquered," some by might, and some by fight.
I personally support President Trump, doll. and I always will because he has heart and soul invested int the well being of my fellow Americans, regardless of party. He set aside his personal life when he put his hand on the bible and agreed to provide for the common defense and be a good President to each and every American, regardless of race, sex, religion, etc., and he supported the Constitution to the best of his ability.

Ms. Albright felt the same way about her boss and President Clinton, and faithfully executed her job through the worst 4 years of his life due to his own errors. Human beings make mistakes. If a circle has 360 degrees in it, it's like politics, there's a different view from everyone in the circle of friends in a nation. Madeline Albright did what she could for the American people, and she did it well. I think of her as a lovely rose in the weed patch Clinton created all by himself. lol

Last edited:

Second that.

RIP

Madeleine Jana Korbel Albright, the first female secretary of state, who arrived in the U.S. as a young girl from war-torn Czechoslovakia before becoming a political and feminist icon, died Wednesday at 84.

Albright's death from cancer was confirmed by her family in a statement posted to Twitter on Wednesday.
Albright, who served as secretary of state from 1997 to 2001 under President Bill Clinton, pushed for NATO expansion eastward into the former Soviet bloc and helped lead the NATO bombing campaign in 1999 to halt ethnic cleansing in Kosovo. She previously served as Clinton's U.S. ambassador to the United Nations from 1993 to 1997.
Born in Prague in 1937, Albright – then Madeleine Korbel – fled to England with her family in 1939, less than two weeks after Nazi Germany invaded Czechoslovakia. While her family was of Jewish ancestry, she was raised Roman Catholic and only learned at the time of her 1997 secretary of state confirmation that three of her grandparents died in the Holocaust.
Albright's family lived in the cellar of an apartment in Notting Hill before returning to Prague after World War II. They moved to the U.S. in 1948 after the communist takeover of Czechoslovakia. Her family eventually settled in Denver, where her father worked as a dean of the school of international relations at the University of Denver.
"I lived in many, many places," Albright told USA TODAY in 2020 when she was recognized as one of USA TODAY's Women of the Century. "I was asked to describe myself in six words at dinner, which were 'worried, optimist, problem solver, grateful American.
In Terminal America, the Worst Get the Best

Another ditsy Femininny who was moved forward way beyond her abilities. In her autobiography, everything was first-woman this, first-woman that. People hypnotized by ideologies have a one-track mind.
No wonder her husband dumped her for a real woman.

Condoleezza Rice was one of her students. Halfbright ignored the obvious Conservative content of Rice's theme papers, telling herself she was trying too hard to "sound White."

She saved Bosnia, an Al Qaida outpost. She was too ignorant about Islam to protect our embassies in East Africa. So they got bombed.

RIP

Not even 5 foot tall,she be.Or was.But I remember Miss Laura Ingraham explaining
a few years back on her Radio show a flight she took and was seated next to Albright.
Turns out Madeleine Albright was a weight lifter.And she could leg press like
huge amounts of weight.She was very strong in the legs.Kinda makes sense.
She had a very strong personality.Near fearless.
Just so ya all knowed.

In Terminal America, the Worst Get the Best

Another ditsy Femininny who was moved forward way beyond her abilities. In her autobiography, everything was first-woman this, first-woman that. People hypnotized by ideologies have a one-track mind.
No wonder her husband dumped her for a real woman.

Condoleezza Rice was one of her students. Halfbright ignored the obvious Conservative content of Rice's theme papers, telling herself she was trying too hard to "sound White."

She saved Bosnia, an Al Qaida outpost. She was too ignorant about Islam to protect our embassies in East Africa. So they got bombed.
I agree that Albright was a very bossy and controlling person.Like Hillary Clinton
and { Big Sis } Janet Napolitano { Secretary of Homeland Security } under
Obama.Or Little Barbara Boxer.

Forum List

Back