Maddow Miracle: Motivates Marijuana Vote

Could people's motivation to make and keep pot legal recover democratic backslides in the Midterms?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No, not that many people will get out the vote just to keep pot legal.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other, see my post

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Liberal pot heads cant be bothered to vote
They will vote if they think their pot is threatened. Just tell a heroin addict that suddenly his dope will be gone. You'll see the reptilian part of his brain kick into high gear.

Maddow is smart. She's lived around the culture long enough ..she knows this will work. And it will. No amount of "pot is evil" preaching from the right is going to stave the flood at the polls next week. It will only backfire. Like I said, you have to give credit where it's due.

That doesn't make any sense. Pot is illegal now and has been for decades. How is it being threatened any more than it already is? Also, there are lots of people on the right that either get high or oppose the war on drugs from a philosophical standpoint. I think it is mostly the social conservatives that continue to oppose legalization efforts.
It's about getting out the vote. Not pot per se.

And it's going to work. Check back here next week..

5 states are voting on legalization.. They see the tax bonanza......Finally top level feds and judges even docs are wanting to change the MJ laws. The feds want the dough, but those damn treaties with the UN causes the pause....

Wow, Maddow is really socking it to the GOP. She's exploiting every weak scale they have with the middle. Abortion is just like pot in a way. Millions in the middle quietly and secretly feel very strongly about a woman's right to choose [including the grunts who knock them up and don't want to pay child support].

Yes, Maddow has figured out the voting booth is private and there are some issues out there not readily discussed in polite company that people feel strongly enough about from a very visceral standpoint, that they'll make the time to get to the polls.

She's really giving the GOP an upper cut to the jaw. And they're just taking it! :lmao: She is leaving no weak scale untouched.

They will vote if they think their pot is threatened. Just tell a heroin addict that suddenly his dope will be gone. You'll see the reptilian part of his brain kick into high gear.

Maddow is smart. She's lived around the culture long enough ..she knows this will work. And it will. No amount of "pot is evil" preaching from the right is going to stave the flood at the polls next week. It will only backfire. Like I said, you have to give credit where it's due.

That doesn't make any sense. Pot is illegal now and has been for decades. How is it being threatened any more than it already is? Also, there are lots of people on the right that either get high or oppose the war on drugs from a philosophical standpoint. I think it is mostly the social conservatives that continue to oppose legalization efforts.
It's about getting out the vote. Not pot per se.

And it's going to work. Check back here next week..

I really don't see it, but I sincerely hope that you are right.

"Vindictive Vixen Vacillates Voters.. Vexing Vote Vagaries via Vicarious Venue"

Continuing with the theme from page 3 in renaming this thread...

How about...

"Grinning Girl Goes Gamut: Galvanizing Gains: Guts GOP Gambol"

I vote all the time never miss an election and just like the unimaginative person you must be, you have no choice but to assume that all pot smokers are liberals. Wrong again bozo. I'm actually quite conservative, which means I have no use for the current GOP or tea partyers.

I vote all the time never miss an election and just like the unimaginative person you must be, you have no choice but to assume that all pot smokers are liberals. Wrong again bozo. I'm actually quite conservative, which means I have no use for the current GOP or tea partyers.
Eggggsactly. And that is why Maddow is gaining such ground. She, unlike the GOP strategist Carl Rove, to which all GOP candidates defer to as if a God [while Rove bows to Cheney and his daughters' agendas], is flexible enough, smart enough and thorough enough to notice what the actual trends on the streets are vs some etherial detached predictions Rove and company spew from their protected and myopic ivory towers. [Or skewed polls taken in "certain" districts "as fact"...]

She got out on the street. Her people spent time mingling with the grunts. And now she's come up with a very sucessful last minute vote harvesting strategy that has left the GOP bewildered and losing at the last minute key seats they felt they had a pretty good handle on. I think I'm going to rename the GOP "the San Diego Chargers" of the political game. Even when they fire their coach and replace him over and over, the results are always the same.. Two generations from now this conversation won't even matter. "The republicans" will have been bred out of existence.

The reason Maddow is being so successful is she isn't spreading herself all over the place...rambling...shifting back and forth betwen a dozen or more watered-down mediocre points that won't gain in the end. She is attacking with pinpoint accuracy at the key issues that hold the most potential for the greatest gains at the last minute.

She was instrumental in the 2012 upset, the 2008 upset and she'll be successful this time again. Her lack of fear of finding out the true facts, obscuring the ones she doesn't want out and her laser cutting attack is going to pull off a victory again.

This is a prophetic headline I'm predicting for next Wednesday: "Maddow Miracle: Motivates Marijuana Vote"

There's one thing that will motivate the left to come out and vote in droves. The Pot vote. She's onto something for sure. If the lazy, unmotivated young voters on the far left and middle left cannot rise to any other occasion, they will rise if they feel their pot will be taken away...:

She is very clever. Pot smokers love their drug intensely. She will get middle voters to come back to democratic voting next week doing this. Very smart. This move is as clever as the GOP's move would have been if they had stirred the angst of those angry about forced gay marriage in their state.

Never thought I'd live to see the day when a democratic strategist outsmarted the GOP to eek enough votes to tip the scales. Bravo Rachael! Sitting in the middle as I do, I have to give credit where it's due for effort anyway; even when it will be bad for the entirety of society as the end result of GOP timidity. Yes, the GOP now looks timid...too afraid to do what it knows would bring a landslide..

State pot vote a likely boon for Democrats MSNBC
State pot vote a likely boon for Democrats
Rachel Maddow explains how a peculiarity in the Alaska state legislative calendar could result in both marijuana legalization and raising the minimum wage being put on the ballot in November, two popular issues likely to boost voter turnout.

This pot vote isn't going to just net millions of votes in Alaska and Colorado. It's going to tip the scales in many a close race.

GOP neglected to mine what was important to the middle voters. This was one of two things that would bring a landslide should either side have tapped it. Rachael tapped it.
No different from when Karl Rove made sure that Gay Marriage was on all the ballots in 2004. It got Right-Wingers to the polls.

No different from when Karl Rove made sure that Gay Marriage was on all the ballots in 2004. It got Right-Wingers to the polls.

But he dropped that. And my guess is that he did so "on orders" from his master.

Mary Mary quite contrary, how do the campaigns go?
With wedding bells and broadside shells..
And cunning maids all in a row..

Rove has seen the ACTUAL numbers leaking out on gay marriage...and for some completely inexplicable reason he is going along with the game of pretend promoted by Maddow et al that "a majority of Americans support gay marriage".

Really? Here are the results of one of the most popular polls EVER at USMB. And Carl Rove I'll bet you dollars to donuts has laid eyes on this thread's results:

Should Churches Be Forced to Accomodate for Homosexual Adoptions US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This one too:

Should Churches Be Forced to Accomodate for Homosexual Adoptions US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a prophetic headline I'm predicting for next Wednesday: "Maddow Miracle: Motivates Marijuana Vote"

There's one thing that will motivate the left to come out and vote in droves. The Pot vote. She's onto something for sure. If the lazy, unmotivated young voters on the far left and middle left cannot rise to any other occasion, they will rise if they feel their pot will be taken away...:

She is very clever. Pot smokers love their drug intensely. She will get middle voters to come back to democratic voting next week doing this. Very smart. This move is as clever as the GOP's move would have been if they had stirred the angst of those angry about forced gay marriage in their state.

Never thought I'd live to see the day when a democratic strategist outsmarted the GOP to eek enough votes to tip the scales. Bravo Rachael! Sitting in the middle as I do, I have to give credit where it's due for effort anyway; even when it will be bad for the entirety of society as the end result of GOP timidity. Yes, the GOP now looks timid...too afraid to do what it knows would bring a landslide..

State pot vote a likely boon for Democrats MSNBC
State pot vote a likely boon for Democrats
Rachel Maddow explains how a peculiarity in the Alaska state legislative calendar could result in both marijuana legalization and raising the minimum wage being put on the ballot in November, two popular issues likely to boost voter turnout.

This pot vote isn't going to just net millions of votes in Alaska and Colorado. It's going to tip the scales in many a close race.

GOP neglected to mine what was important to the middle voters. This was one of two things that would bring a landslide should either side have tapped it. Rachael tapped it.

Hmmm, you seem to miss the point that such referendums have just as much of a chance at bringing out the far right vote to make sure that they fail, that's called not looking at an issue from all sides.

Hmmm, you seem to miss the point that such referendums have just as much of a chance at bringing out the far right vote to make sure that they fail, that's called not looking at an issue from all sides.

Nope, keeping pot illegal isn't a strong motivator for the right. And that is because many of them are covert pot smokers. Think of Greg Gutfeld. It just isn't a strong motivator to turn out the GOP vote. But I do know of a topic that is.... Want me to post the links?

Nope, keeping pot illegal isn't a strong motivator for the right. And that is because many of them are covert pot smokers. Think of Greg Gutfeld. It just isn't a strong motivator to turn out the GOP vote. But I do know of a topic that is.... Want me to post the links?

If it isn't an issue, then why does the GOP in WI still oppose legalization, even our governor who I have observed being pleanty bleary eyed on more than one occassion, but not for a few years since I started pointing that out.

If it isn't an issue, then why does the GOP in WI still oppose legalization, even our governor who I have observed being pleanty bleary eyed on more than one occassion, but not for a few years since I started pointing that out.
You're talking about "the GOP leadership" vs the middle voter. When you're ready to talk about what motivates voters, real ones, in the real world, really in the middle, get back to me..

Meanwhile.....67% of voters here say "hell yes" the pot issue will get them out to vote..

After marriage equality come marijuana legalization. What other wedge/pop culture issues can the Republicans be on the wrong side of?

0-2 this year on wedge issues! The Republican Party! the Jacksonville Jaguars of politics!

After marriage equality come marijuana legalization. What other wedge/pop culture issues can the Republicans be on the wrong side of?

0-2 this year on wedge issues! The Republican Party! the Jacksonville Jaguars of politics!
Oh, back to republicans again?...lol.. Maddow's strategy isn't to reach them. It's to reach the majority in the middle. Most of them want pot legal, abortions legal.

Maddow is pulling out an 11th hour sprint. And it's working.

Forum List

Back