Maddow Miracle: Motivates Marijuana Vote

Could people's motivation to make and keep pot legal recover democratic backslides in the Midterms?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No, not that many people will get out the vote just to keep pot legal.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other, see my post

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
This is a prophetic headline I'm predicting for next Wednesday: "Maddow Miracle: Motivates Marijuana Vote"

There's one thing that will motivate the left to come out and vote in droves. The Pot vote. She's onto something for sure. If the lazy, unmotivated young voters on the far left and middle left cannot rise to any other occasion, they will rise if they feel their pot will be taken away...:

She is very clever. Pot smokers love their drug intensely. She will get middle voters to come back to democratic voting next week doing this. Very smart. This move is as clever as the GOP's move would have been if they had stirred the angst of those angry about forced gay marriage in their state.

Never thought I'd live to see the day when a democratic strategist outsmarted the GOP to eek enough votes to tip the scales. Bravo Rachael! Sitting in the middle as I do, I have to give credit where it's due for effort anyway; even when it will be bad for the entirety of society as the end result of GOP timidity. Yes, the GOP now looks timid...too afraid to do what it knows would bring a landslide..

State pot vote a likely boon for Democrats MSNBC
State pot vote a likely boon for Democrats
Rachel Maddow explains how a peculiarity in the Alaska state legislative calendar could result in both marijuana legalization and raising the minimum wage being put on the ballot in November, two popular issues likely to boost voter turnout.

This pot vote isn't going to just net millions of votes in Alaska and Colorado. It's going to tip the scales in many a close race.

GOP neglected to mine what was important to the middle voters. This was one of two things that would bring a landslide should either side have tapped it. Rachael tapped it.

Liberal pot heads cant be bothered to vote

Liberal pot heads cant be bothered to vote
They will vote if they think their pot is threatened. Just tell a heroin addict that suddenly his dope will be gone. You'll see the reptilian part of his brain kick into high gear.

Maddow is smart. She's lived around the culture long enough ..she knows this will work. And it will. No amount of "pot is evil" preaching from the right is going to stave the flood at the polls next week. It will only backfire. Like I said, you have to give credit where it's due.

This is a prophetic headline I'm predicting for next Wednesday: "Maddow Miracle: Motivates Marijuana Vote"

There's one thing that will motivate the left to come out and vote in droves. The Pot vote. She's onto something for sure. If the lazy, unmotivated young voters on the far left and middle left cannot rise to any other occasion, they will rise if they feel their pot will be taken away...:

She is very clever. Pot smokers love their drug intensely. She will get middle voters to come back to democratic voting next week doing this. Very smart. This move is as clever as the GOP's move would have been if they had stirred the angst of those angry about forced gay marriage in their state.

Never thought I'd live to see the day when a democratic strategist outsmarted the GOP to eek enough votes to tip the scales. Bravo Rachael! Sitting in the middle as I do, I have to give credit where it's due for effort anyway; even when it will be bad for the entirety of society as the end result of GOP timidity. Yes, the GOP now looks timid...too afraid to do what it knows would bring a landslide..

State pot vote a likely boon for Democrats MSNBC
State pot vote a likely boon for Democrats
Rachel Maddow explains how a peculiarity in the Alaska state legislative calendar could result in both marijuana legalization and raising the minimum wage being put on the ballot in November, two popular issues likely to boost voter turnout.

This pot vote isn't going to just net millions of votes in Alaska and Colorado. It's going to tip the scales in many a close race.

GOP neglected to mine what was important to the middle voters. This was one of two things that would bring a landslide should either side have tapped it. Rachael tapped it.

Law enforcement community loves pot too. Not a lot of crime from stoners. :)

:eusa_doh: You could have gone with "Maddow Miracle Motivates Marijuana Mandate" and preserved the alliteration.

Thread bookmarked for taunting and ridicule. :thup:
ie: "make it go away!! make it go away!!...start a psuedo flame war!! ANYTHING!"

Kabuki theater aside...

There are a LOT of people in the middle bloc who smoke pot covertly. They like the price nice and low as it is when it's legal. So the economic side of the closet conservative-ish pot smoker will be on board for this one, any redeeming other strong virtue lacking in the GOP hopeful s/he is weighing on the balance for next Tuesday. I cannot tell you how many white collar and upper blue collar workers I know who smoke pot in their down time.

But everyone knows this. It's just the elephant in the living room that nobody talks about. That elephant is going to STOMP the states where GOP are sitting on their laurels, thinking they have this one in the bag.

Like I said, it's a great last-minute October surprise. I've gotta hand it to Maddow. :clap2:

:eusa_doh: You could have gone with "Maddow Miracle Motivates Marijuana Mandate" and preserved the alliteration.
Yes, but that would've affected the impact of the title. So I chose "vote" because that's what's at stake here...not some local or state pot laws isolated on their own. This is a frontal assault on the nationwide results GOP/democrat in the Senate next week. I like to boil things down to their essence.

I notice the liberal left strategists here [you know who you are] have not voted on the poll. Gee...I wonder why that is? :lmao:

Thread bookmarked for taunting and ridicule. :thup:
ie: "make it go away!! make it go away!!...start a psuedo flame war!! ANYTHING!"

Kabuki theater aside...

There are a LOT of people in the middle bloc who smoke pot covertly. They like the price nice and low as it is when it's legal. So the economic side of the closet conservative-ish pot smoker will be on board for this one, any redeeming other strong virtue lacking in the GOP hopeful s/he is weighing on the balance for next Tuesday. I cannot tell you how many white collar and upper blue collar workers I know who smoke pot in their down time.

But everyone knows this. It's just the elephant in the living room that nobody talks about. That elephant is going to STOMP the states where GOP are sitting on their laurels, thinking they have this one in the bag.

Like I said, it's a great last-minute October surprise. I've gotta hand it to Maddow. :clap2:

Keep smoking that shit.....:cuckoo:

Yes, but that would've affected the impact of the title. So I chose "vote" because that's what's at stake here...not some local or state pot laws isolated on their own. This is a frontal assault on the nationwide results GOP/democrat in the Senate next week. I like to boil things down to their essence.

Um... you already impacted the title when you went the down all-alliteration avenue. Actually that's the only reason I clicked in. Not really interested in the topic.

Oh, but you tried to flag this thread on page one for a psuedo flame war. But burying it will do just as well eh?

That's quite a lot of topic-fear exhibited for such a professed position of nonchalance in the quote in this post (and post) above. Odd?

And I'm still the only one who voted on the poll....hmm....

gayfreak_zpsede639f5.jpg

Oh, but you tried to flag this thread on page one for a psuedo flame war. But burying it will do just as well eh?

That's quite a lot of topic-fear exhibited for such a professed position of nonchalance in the quote in this post (and post) above. Odd?

And I'm still the only one who voted on the poll....hmm....

Put down the bong ....marijuana can make you paranoid!

:rofl:

Forum List

Back