MacGyver is Coming Back!

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
War News Updates: Will The Pentagon Replace Soldiers With Civilians?

Everything I can find points to him working for a clandestine government agency but with the same bubble gum and duct tape approach as the first.

Apparently Richard Dean Anderson has nothing to do with it and that makes me wonder about its durability.

Premier is set for 23 Sept on CBS. I'm definitely watching it. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the old one showing up on cable.

Everything I can find points to him working for a clandestine government agency but with the same bubble gum and duct tape approach as the first.

Apparently Richard Dean Anderson has nothing to do with it and that makes me wonder about its durability.

Premier is set for 23 Sept on CBS. I'm definitely watching it. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the old one showing up on cable.

I've never heard of it, so it's like a CIA drama or something, is it like "24 Hours"?

No surprise YOU are watching it,you enjoy all these crappy remakes such as the new CRAP FIVE OH. you love watching hollywood disgrace a great show and try and fix something that was never broken.
Hollywood is clearly running out of ideas with all these pathetic remakes.

I've never heard of it, so it's like a CIA drama or something, is it like "24 Hours"?

Oh man,you should check it out,its awesome. as i got done saying though,dont watch this new pathetic remake.Hollywood has so much run out of ideas for new material that they have sunk to a new low remaking all these classic great shows like Hawaii five oh from the 70's and instead giving us CRAP FIVE OH.this new remake will also be the same and worthy of also being called CRAP magyver.

the original Mcguyver with Richard Dean Anderson was the bomb,but dont bother with this new crap they are making.their remakes always suck that is unless you are like the OP and obviously enjoy watching crap as well.:biggrin:

as far as your question? yeah I think thats kinda fair to say it was something similiar to a CIA drama.Only difference being that Mcguyver is not a hired killed that kills americans like CIA opts do.:biggrin:

and another difference being hollywood in their tv shows never portray the CIA accurately ever talking about how they murder inoccent americans all the time and start wars with other countries and smuggle drugs into the states.

CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER movie with Harrison Ford was one of hollywoods rare exceptions of course where they DID portray the CIA accurately talking about all that.kudos to that director and producer who produced that film and being brave enough to do so.:thup:

Oh man,you should check it out,its awesome. as i got done saying though,dont watch this new pathetic remake.Hollywood has so much run out of ideas for new material that they have sunk to a new low remaking all these classic great shows like Hawaii five oh from the 70's and instead giving us CRAP FIVE OH.this new remake will also be the same and worthy of also being called CRAP magyver.

the original Mcguyver with Richard Dean Anderson was the bomb,but dont bother with this new crap they are making.their remakes always suck that is unless you are like the OP and obviously enjoy watching crap as well.:biggrin:

as far as your question? yeah I think thats kinda fair to say it was something similiar to a CIA drama.Only difference being that Mcguyver is not a hired killed that kills americans like CIA opts do.:biggrin:

and another difference being hollywood in their tv shows never portray the CIA accurately ever talking about how they murder inoccent americans all the time and start wars with other countries and smuggle drugs into the states.

CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER movie with Harrison Ford was one of hollywoods rare exceptions of course where they DID portray the CIA accurately talking about all that.kudos to that director and producer who produced that film and being brave enough to do so.:thup:

I hate remakes, either television or films, but mainly films, it's just laziness and some films shouldn't be remade, why remake a film that was already brilliant.

One of the best films about CIA stuff is "Three Days of The Condor", have you seen it? It's magnificent.

Three Days of the Condor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hate remakes, either television or films, but mainly films, it's just laziness and some films shouldn't be remade, why remake a film that was already brilliant.

One of the best films about CIA stuff is "Three Days of The Condor", have you seen it? It's magnificent.

exactly,they ALWAYS fuck it up with remakes.ALWAYS.especially like you said,in movies. Yeah i do remember seeing that but it was so many years ago I dont remember anything about it so I will have to watch it again especially since there are so many well known good actors in that original.thanks for the reminded of another classic they had to go and ruin.

you so much nailed it,i could not have said it better myself,they just make remakes all the time out of pure laziness,NOTHING ELSE.

speaking about this movie CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER,have you by chance seen that movie Lucy Hamilton? I know for a fact Harrison Ford does a lot of research on his films he takes on so he has an understanding what that character is really going through and thinking when he takes on a role so i am thinking that he did a lot of research on washington and he knows how corrupt they are but you just never hear him come out and say it because he knows what will happen to him if he does. agreed? what do you think?

Last edited:
I think this is another remake that won't fly. That show fit the 80s theme of montages to show 'putting together a solution'. Today's audiences are conditioned to see a cut every 4 seconds on screen. The two things don't meld together well. And young people will likely associate it with McGruber from SNL and think it a farce spinoff of that!

exactly,they ALWAYS fuck it up with remakes.ALWAYS.especially like you said,in movies. Yeah i do remember seeing that but it was so many years ago I dont remember anything about it so I will have to watch it again especially since there are so many well known good actors in that original.thanks for the reminded of another classic they had to go and ruin.

you so much nailed it,i could not have said it better myself,they just make remakes all the time out of pure laziness,NOTHING ELSE.

Certainly not always. There have been TV show remakes that worked. Usually I think it's when a US version of a British show is made or vice versa. All in the Family, The Office, Being Human, Shameless.....quite a few have actually done a good job. Here's a list : List of American television series based on British television series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

American remakes of American shows seem to work less frequently. Offhand I can only think of a couple that were any good, Battlestar Glactica and V, and neither of those were exceptional IMO. BG in particular was overhyped.

They may fail a lot, but once in a while you do get a good TV show remake.

Certainly not always. There have been TV show remakes that worked. Usually I think it's when a US version of a British show is made or vice versa. All in the Family, The Office, Being Human, Shameless.....quite a few have actually done a good job. Here's a list : List of American television series based on British television series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

American remakes of American shows seem to work less frequently. Offhand I can only think of a couple that were any good, Battlestar Glactica and V, and neither of those were exceptional IMO. BG in particular was overhyped.

yeah american remakes of american remakes are 99% of the time crap. they have already shit on jack lord with CRAP FIVE OH and now richard dean anderson is getting shit on with CRAPmcgyver.Only thing I am surprised about is they have not shit on lee majors yet with another six million dollar man. Eventually they will though,you can bank on it. they are clearly running out of ideas having to resort to remakes obviously.

yeah american remakes of american remakes are 99% of the time crap. they have already shit on jack lord with CRAP FIVE OH and now richard dean anderson is getting shit on with CRAPmcgyver.Only thing I am surprised about is they have not shit on lee majors yet with another six million dollar man. Eventually they will though,you can bank on it. they are clearly running out of ideas having to resort to remakes obviously.

There was a bionic woman remake which, if I remember correctly, wasn't horrible. I think that the Six Million Dollar Man has been considered as a remake as well, just not done. Or maybe someone was thinking of making a movie. :dunno:

Without Richard Dean Anderson, it could never be the same.

you nailed it.:thup:

just the same way Hawaii five oh is not Hawaii five oh without jack lord as steve mcgarret or footloose is not footlloose without kevin bacon as ren mccormick,giving us crap five oh and craploose,we are next going to get CRAPmcgyver now to join the list.

hollywood is ruining these great classics.

There was a bionic woman remake which, if I remember correctly, wasn't horrible. I think that the Six Million Dollar Man has been considered as a remake as well, just not done. Or maybe someone was thinking of making a movie. :dunno:

The Bionic woman remake didnt last more than a year or so though so I dont really count that one.Hopefully since it did not stay on the air very long,they came to their senses and chucked the idea of remaking it. at least temporary.the fact they remade Bionic woman,I am sure they eventually will be back to shit on Lee Majors though same as they have with Jack Lord and now Richard Dean Anderson.

Uh longknife mind explaining to me WHY you liked this post when you said years ago that the new CRAP FIVE OH show was good? did you finally come to your senses on that that it IS crap indeed?:D

Uh longknife mind explaining to me WHY you liked this post when you said years ago that the new CRAP FIVE OH show was good? did you finally come to your senses on that that it IS crap indeed?:D

I don't have problems with the new 5-0. My problem is with other rip-offs of old shows that just don't work.

There's something about this new MacGyver that makes me gnash my teeth and that's from just watching the trailer.

Forum List

Back