Lunch Nazis to be fired

Kids for Trump

fat-kid.jpg

If you really gave a shit about what your children are eating, then you'd not buy a school lunch for them. You would act like a mature adult and pack them a lunch with ingredients you know are good for them, tastes better than the school gruel and on the plus side, know what your kids were eating.

Do away with all federal funding for school lunch programs. The funds, if they are to be had, should come from the school district, paid for by the community.
Great idea, except most hungry kids who are getting two meals a day at school free come from poor communities that can't afford to pay more than they already do. Packing healthy lunches is expensive and wouldn't be possible on a family's SNAP budget. I'm just telling ya, this would only make poor kids hungrier.

Betsy DeVos knows that. So does trump.

According to the right its, Let them eat cake. Better yet, starve.
No, I don't think they're doing this intentionally. They have no clue how most Americans live, and especially not people living on the margins of survival. Neither do a lot of the posters here, apparently, who think it's a dandy idea.
I've told this story before, so excuse me if you've heard it, but my mom's first teaching job was in a one room schoolhouse in a very small rural community during WWII. One family sent their kids to school with no lunch, or on a lucky day, half a raw potato. Mom would pack extra sandwiches and say "Oh, look, they packed me way too much again. Can anyone help me finish all this?" She was the federal school lunch program. Not every teacher would do that, I'm guessing, across the country in this day and age. So kids who come to school with empty stomachs would stay that way all day.
You want us all to buy someone else's kids their lunch because of a negligent parent in your mom's class? Yep, you're a liberal.

Back in my day we had these things called lunch boxes or paper bags. We brought sandwiches to school. Sometimes we traded for variety. Somehow people survived before liberals decided they were god and people were stupid enough to empower them.

If you really gave a shit about what your children are eating, then you'd not buy a school lunch for them. You would act like a mature adult and pack them a lunch with ingredients you know are good for them, tastes better than the school gruel and on the plus side, know what your kids were eating.

Do away with all federal funding for school lunch programs. The funds, if they are to be had, should come from the school district, paid for by the community.
Great idea, except most hungry kids who are getting two meals a day at school free come from poor communities that can't afford to pay more than they already do. Packing healthy lunches is expensive and wouldn't be possible on a family's SNAP budget. I'm just telling ya, this would only make poor kids hungrier.

Betsy DeVos knows that. So does trump.

According to the right its, Let them eat cake. Better yet, starve.
No, I don't think they're doing this intentionally. They have no clue how most Americans live, and especially not people living on the margins of survival. Neither do a lot of the posters here, apparently, who think it's a dandy idea.
I've told this story before, so excuse me if you've heard it, but my mom's first teaching job was in a one room schoolhouse in a very small rural community during WWII. One family sent their kids to school with no lunch, or on a lucky day, half a raw potato. Mom would pack extra sandwiches and say "Oh, look, they packed me way too much again. Can anyone help me finish all this?" She was the federal school lunch program. Not every teacher would do that, I'm guessing, across the country in this day and age. So kids who come to school with empty stomachs would stay that way all day.

Parents like that today should be jailed.
Those people didn't want to starve their kids; they had nine or ten of them, mom said, and he was a lumberjack. In our area, we didn't have factories for the mother to work in -- she had too many kids anyway, to make that work. Maybe the father drank the grocery money, I don't know, but it was a lot of mouths to feed and the kids didn't all have shoes, or warm coats in the winter. They lived in a cramped shack. It was sad.
I don't think even in this day and age we want to reinstitute the Poor House. Or do you?
I love your riding in on a high horse routine. The liberal solution is to kill the babies, ask those poor kids which they would prefer.

What specifically do we do that universally teaches children to find it morally wrong to kill another human?
If it can be passed along universally for that issue, it can be done for any issue.
So, stop thinking short-term (unless you have some vested interest in ensuring that the problem never gets resolved) and start thinking about what we do as a nation, as a society, as a culture and as parents that work.

EverCurious is right that we got off topic with this, but I just wanted to say that there is absolutely nothing wrong with your idea. Doing it in conjunction with other ideas to fix this mess is great. However, I don't believe it is being "short sighted" to keep in mind the children in front of us, right now and in the immediate future, who are at the mercy of their parents economic plight, whether deserved or not. Some of your statements earlier in the thread led me to believe you wanted to cut off funding and somehow "force" parents tomorrow to feed their kids without assistance.
We can talk about this in another thread sometime. I'll let these folks get back to whether or not kids should be expected to eat their vegetables. :uhh:

Let the poor kids eat playground grass and shoe leather like we did when I was a kidlin

To save $$ because large school districts need to shave back more and do away with more every year, they have gone to what's cheapest. It's cheaper to buy frozen preprocessed junk that costs more per meal because it's still cheaper than running a cafeteria in each school and cooking from relative scratch. It's not like cafeteria ladies are getting rich, either, but it's still cheaper to heat up garbage in a centralized kitchen. Of course kids "like it," they get it at home too. Michelle thought maybe she could introduce something a little healthier, give kids a taste of something else, but OH NO Republicans won't have that!

I don't know how your schools do it, but no schools that I have ever attended or worked in have ever done what you are talking about.
A lot of the large school districts do it and the food quality, even at our local schools is poorer, imo. I hear they don't get the USDA surplus like they used to.

Many have 'privatized' their school systems' cafeteria services, and corporations like Coca Cola pay them to place their soft drink and junk food machines on campuses, even grade schools. These 'services' use the cheapest nasties quality stuff they can, and provide only a modest benefit to the school's bottom line, and none at all to the consumers of the food, most of which you wouldn't feed your house pets.

To save $$ because large school districts need to shave back more and do away with more every year, they have gone to what's cheapest. It's cheaper to buy frozen preprocessed junk that costs more per meal because it's still cheaper than running a cafeteria in each school and cooking from relative scratch. It's not like cafeteria ladies are getting rich, either, but it's still cheaper to heat up garbage in a centralized kitchen. Of course kids "like it," they get it at home too. Michelle thought maybe she could introduce something a little healthier, give kids a taste of something else, but OH NO Republicans won't have that!

I don't know how your schools do it, but no schools that I have ever attended or worked in have ever done what you are talking about.
A lot of the large school districts do it and the food quality, even at our local schools is poorer, imo. I hear they don't get the USDA surplus like they used to.

Many have 'privatized' their school systems' cafeteria services, and corporations like Coca Cola pay them to place their soft drink and junk food machines on campuses, even grade schools. These 'services' use the cheapest nasties quality stuff they can, and provide only a modest benefit to the school's bottom line, and none at all to the consumers of the food, most of which you wouldn't feed your house pets.

Hey this is a Trump Nation.....let the consumer decide

What will you have kid? Pepsi or milk?
Would you like apple slices or Doritos?
Grilled Cheese or a Snickers bar?

Last edited:
And now Betsy Devos is going to destroy their funding.

Good. There should have never been a Federal Dept of Education. That money is far better spent at the local level.

The Department of Education has NOTHING to do with this topic.

I thought that all of this was a directive sent down from them?

The school lunch programs are run by the Department of Agriculture.

Soft drink machines do not operate during the school day. Thank you for your input, but you are dead wrong.

Soft drink machines do not operate during the school day. Thank you for your input, but you are dead wrong.

If we want to hear spam from uninformed idiot Irrelevants we'll put your handle at the top of the list and notify you for comment. As it is there are more than enough now and you aren't needed. Better luck next time.

Trump loves soft drinks....believe me

Put them in every classroom

If we want to hear spam from uninformed idiot Irrelevants we'll put your handle at the top of the list and notify you for comment. As it is there are more than enough now and you aren't needed. Better luck next time.

I was a school administrator and I am very familiar with the rules regarding such restrictions. We have several drink machines located in my present school and all but one are time-locked until school is out at 2:45 in the afternoon. The other is located in our teachers lounge and is not accessible to students.

Now, take YOUR uninformed opinions and shove them up your ass.

I was a school administrator and I am very familiar with the rules regarding such restrictions. We have several drink machines located in my present school and all but one are time-locked until school is out at 2:45 in the afternoon. The other is located in our teachers lounge and is not accessible to students.

Don't give a crap about your personal anecdotal stories, since I never said every school on the planet, I said many, and even a inept Google scholar can find it out for themselves, moron. But thanks for highlighting for us what kind of gimps are hired to administer schools; I've helped with having several fired here over the years, most of them are like you.

Trump loves soft drinks....believe me

Put them in every classroom

Yes. We've seen all those pics of him rolling them into the buildings on dollies from the trucks.

Don't give a crap about your personal anecdotal stories, since I never said every school on the planet, I said many, and even a inept Google scholar can find it out for themselves, moron. But thanks for highlighting for us what kind of gimps are hired to administer schools; I've helped with having several fired here over the years, most of them are like you.

Really? It obviously wasn't due to your exceptional skills with the English language.

So, you claim to be an inept Google scholar but I don't see any links to your imaginary sources.

Forum List

Back