Louisiana's most visited plantation removes sign declaring slaves were 'happy & well taken care of'

11231660-6830203-image-a-27_1553093024818.jpg

An official sign declaring that slaves were 'well taken-care of and happy' at Louisiana's most-visited historical site - a former cotton plantation - has been taken down.

It's unclear how long the sign was up at the state-owned and operated Rosedown Plantation, which sits on 374 acres in St. Francisville.

It was on display in the plantation's detached kitchen as part of an exhibit called 'Slave Life at Rosedown.'

About 850 people had been enslaved there before the outbreak of the Civil War, including newborn babies and the elderly. The sign said they lived in 'prettily built and very comfortable' cabins, where they were awoken at 4am, and had 'a natural musical instinct' that was showcased at Christmas.

11231652-6830203-image-a-28_1553093066137.jpg

It goes on...

Source: Louisiana-owned plantation removes sign about 'happy' slaves | Daily Mail Online

My question is...why are so many whites so delusional about the worst thing that happened in America, and America's original sin?

Let's clear out your delusion first... It was Democrat's, not America's original sin.
Democrats in that day, were the modern day Republican party today.
Lol there was never a change.. wouldn’t the south today be extremely racist if that was true? All cries of racial oppression only comes from towns run by Democrats

The racist deplorables now belong to the RepubliKlan Party
So why are people of color still crying in the streets of towns run by democrats and not the south any more lol

Most people would enjoy slavery. They only long for a just and generous master.

Imagine to be provided housing, clothing, medical care, food, a guaranteed job. The evils of competition and the destruction of meritocracy don't exist. The master is the sole provider of the necessities of life.

Is this slavery or liberalism? It's the same thing.
Holy God! I can't even begin to state what is so disgustingly wrong with this! Women were repeatedly raped by their owners. Many women were made to bear children over and over so that they could be sold to other slave owners. Their housing was four walls and maybe some slats to sleep on.

And does this look like someone who should have been happy to be a slave?

81451cfdf4a21cd02f03860199b5e657--mans-this-man.jpg

Slaves_in_chains_grayscale.png

I always thought you were heartless, but this is even worse that I could imagine.

Tipsy is a Russian troll.
Thanks for that info. I was told by someone that she was originally Katzendogs and was a far fringe lunatic.
So. Your complaint against slavery is that the master was cruel and unjust.

You verify the truth of what I said. Slavery is the natural state of the liberal. You only want a just and generous master.

What a goofy reply

An official sign declaring that slaves were 'well taken-care of and happy' at Louisiana's most-visited historical site - a former cotton plantation - has been taken down.

It's unclear how long the sign was up at the state-owned and operated Rosedown Plantation, which sits on 374 acres in St. Francisville.

It was on display in the plantation's detached kitchen as part of an exhibit called 'Slave Life at Rosedown.'

About 850 people had been enslaved there before the outbreak of the Civil War, including newborn babies and the elderly. The sign said they lived in 'prettily built and very comfortable' cabins, where they were awoken at 4am, and had 'a natural musical instinct' that was showcased at Christmas.

It goes on...

Source: Louisiana-owned plantation removes sign about 'happy' slaves | Daily Mail Online

My question is...why are so many whites so delusional about the worst thing that happened in America, and America's original sin?
Too bad their own people sold them into slavery.
What's that got to do with anything?
Where does reality live in a libstains head?
Your question makes no sense? Mine does. Can you respond with a coherent, intelligent, rebuttal of mine or not?

Stupid and ridiculous sign. Should never have been there in the first place.

You cannot simultaneously take a person's freedom away while you are claiming they are "well taken care of".

It goes on...

Let's clear out your delusion first... It was Democrat's, not America's original sin.
Lol there was never a change.. wouldn’t the south today be extremely racist if that was true? All cries of racial oppression only comes from towns run by Democrats
You can learn a lot from history books. Pick one up sometime.
I have .. maybe you should.. all cries of racial oppression has only come from places run by democrats

It goes on...

So why are people of color still crying in the streets of towns run by democrats and not the south any more lol
Are they? I thought they were run by white privilege? And if they aren't crying in the south, they sure as hell should be, based on what I've seen? I'm from the south, and most of what I've seen is poverty for Blacks.

It goes on...

I have .. maybe you should.. all cries of racial oppression has only come from places run by democrats
This place is definitely not controlled by Democrats;

You cannot simultaneously take a person's freedom away while you are claiming they are "well taken care of".
Of course you can. We do it to loved pets every day. We feed them the best food, give them the softest beds. Their freedom would have terrified dogs running the streets eating out of garbage cans.

Are they? I thought they were run by white privilege? And if they aren't crying in the south, they sure as hell should be, based on what I've seen? I'm from the south, and most of what I've seen is poverty for Blacks.

One guy who is crazy doesn’t compare to the urban slaver plantations democrats currently run

Imagine to be provided housing, clothing, medical care, food, a guaranteed job. The evils of competition and the destruction of meritocracy don't exist. The master is the sole provider of the necessities of life.

Holy God! I can't even begin to state what is so disgustingly wrong with this! Women were repeatedly raped by their owners. Many women were made to bear children over and over so that they could be sold to other slave owners. Their housing was four walls and maybe some slats to sleep on.

I always thought you were heartless, but this is even worse that I could imagine.

Tipsy is a Russian troll.
Thanks for that info. I was told by someone that she was originally Katzendogs and was a far fringe lunatic.
So. Your complaint against slavery is that the master was cruel and unjust.

You verify the truth of what I said. Slavery is the natural state of the liberal. You only want a just and generous master.
You're a fraud and clearly delusional if you believe that. No liberals want blacks, or anyone else to have a master of any kind. I've never heard any liberal say that slavery is the natural state. If it is, then why aren't you a slave? If it's so wonderful like you describe, then why aren't you signing up to be one?

My friend who told me who you really are is right, you really are a lunatic. He has a long memory and knew you by the screen name you had before. He said you are a far fringe lunatic. Now someone tells me you are a Russian troll. Either way, once again, you are a lunatic, and unhinged and that's why you worship tramp and accept him as your God and Messiah. SICK!

Words don’t hurt blacks it’s a devastating publi education system democrats run and teach them to be slaves .. I went to these schools,, it’s the building codes they put in black neighborhoods, it’s flooding their cities with the world poor that does damage .. not words you need to learn the definition of racism and slavery

It goes on...

I can't speak for everyone however those I have talked to and myself believed it is a huge black mark on this country. Not sure who the many whites are.

Of course you can. We do it to loved pets every day. We feed them the best food, give them the softest beds. Their freedom would have terrified dogs running the streets eating out of garbage cans.
Slaves were not loved. They were tortured, murdered, and raped. Stop making ridiculous, unintelligent excuses. It's disgusting and demonic.

Pets?? Really?? People are NOT pets you ignorant bitch! God! There is something drastically wrong with you if you equate a person with a pet. We also get our pets spayed and neutered, so is this what you recommend for every boy and girl of reproduction age? Can't have it both ways insane woman, ya know?

Most of Trump's old, uneducated white base won't believe it.

They think that the blacks were well taken care of as slaves.
500 years from now, our ancestors will look at the free market and use of government force to enforce edicts much the same way.

Words don’t hurt blacks it’s a devastating publi education system democrats run and teach them to be slaves .. I went to these schools,, it’s the building codes they put in black neighborhoods, it’s flooding their cities with the world poor that does damage .. not words you need to learn the definition of racism and slavery
If only you could construct an intelligent counter argument to mine, as it reflects yours. You were the one who said they were controlled by Democrats right? Who are those white voters in Mississippi? Take a wild guess. Whites control everything in Mississippi. Try again.

It goes on...

What's that got to do with anything?
Where does reality live in a libstains head?
Your question makes no sense? Mine does. Can you respond with a coherent, intelligent, rebuttal of mine or not?
What for? You scum are beyond reasoning with.

It goes on...

Actually, they didn’t

All the slaves on that plantation were born here
Classic simple mined response. So tell us liar, how did there parents get there? lol

Probably looked at a white woman. Got what he deserved.

Forum List

Back