Louisiana's most visited plantation removes sign declaring slaves were 'happy & well taken care of'

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
11231660-6830203-image-a-27_1553093024818.jpg

An official sign declaring that slaves were 'well taken-care of and happy' at Louisiana's most-visited historical site - a former cotton plantation - has been taken down.

It's unclear how long the sign was up at the state-owned and operated Rosedown Plantation, which sits on 374 acres in St. Francisville.

It was on display in the plantation's detached kitchen as part of an exhibit called 'Slave Life at Rosedown.'

About 850 people had been enslaved there before the outbreak of the Civil War, including newborn babies and the elderly. The sign said they lived in 'prettily built and very comfortable' cabins, where they were awoken at 4am, and had 'a natural musical instinct' that was showcased at Christmas.

11231652-6830203-image-a-28_1553093066137.jpg

It goes on...

Source: Louisiana-owned plantation removes sign about 'happy' slaves | Daily Mail Online

My question is...why are so many whites so delusional about the worst thing that happened in America, and America's original sin?

How many Americans were you thinking of? I never met a single white person or ever heard of one that thought slavery was anything but an evil American institution we still suffer repercussions from.

There were certainly less whites, and Americans of all sorts, who thought slavery was okay than pro choice leftists who think the lives of small helpless children are of no importance and legally theirs to do with whatever they wish which is precisely, ironically, the slave holders view of their slave's lives. They belonged to the slave masters.

They were less than human, not legally recognized with rights... they were expendable...just like the unborn.

Do leftists acknowledge the link between the moral catastrophe of slavery and it's contemporary great American twin evil brought to us by the left wing pro choice machine?

Well, that's just absurd. Who wouldn't enjoy being the property of another human being and having absolutely no freedom of your own...........

It's foolish to contend that all slave owners were cruel and of the devil. All human beings are just not all that way. I believe that there were owners who actualy respected many of their slaves and for those working in the home with the family, they became close.

The sign that stood so long was taken down when some racist objected and threatened the owners, imo.

BTW, did you guys get a load of that dumb blonde's comments on American slavery from 'Outnumbered?'

I'll post later.

The incessant obsession today’s American self-identifying blacks have with slavery is the real concern. A reflection of neosegregation and racist bigotry. Black Americans have a connection with slavery the same way all white Americans have a connection with the plight of Irish immigrants. Practically zero. Obama has absolute zero but was played up as a virtual escaped slave himself.
This is just more democrat propaganda and democrat shakedown divisiveness.

Well, that's just absurd. Who wouldn't enjoy being the property of another human being and having absolutely no freedom of your own...........
Freedom is a wonderful thing, but id rather be a fed slave than dying of starvation on the worst continent on earth. You would too if you were starving in Africa.

The great emancipators of the north wanted to send them back to Africa.
They’d have been sold back into slavery by black slave traders and those who wouldn’t have been resold would have died like domestic animals in the wild.

Democrats are still trying to tell blacks they’ll be happier with them making all the decisions.
Trump is giving them a path to opportunity and prosperity.

Most people would enjoy slavery. They only long for a just and generous master.

Imagine to be provided housing, clothing, medical care, food, a guaranteed job. The evils of competition and the destruction of meritocracy don't exist. The master is the sole provider of the necessities of life.

Is this slavery or liberalism? It's the same thing.

Most of the slave owners in Louisiana were black haha

I never knew that till I did some research.

Pretty interesting story about the free blacks in the South and blacks that owned slaves.

FACT CHECK: 9 Facts About Slavery They Don't Want You to Know
A lot of people don’t know blacks owned a lot of slaves. Democrats hide that history

Well I had no idea and it was quite a surprise.

Of course in Africa back at that time they owned and sold slaves. In fact most of those coming to America were sold into slavery by their own people.

11231660-6830203-image-a-27_1553093024818.jpg

An official sign declaring that slaves were 'well taken-care of and happy' at Louisiana's most-visited historical site - a former cotton plantation - has been taken down.

It's unclear how long the sign was up at the state-owned and operated Rosedown Plantation, which sits on 374 acres in St. Francisville.

It was on display in the plantation's detached kitchen as part of an exhibit called 'Slave Life at Rosedown.'

About 850 people had been enslaved there before the outbreak of the Civil War, including newborn babies and the elderly. The sign said they lived in 'prettily built and very comfortable' cabins, where they were awoken at 4am, and had 'a natural musical instinct' that was showcased at Christmas.

11231652-6830203-image-a-28_1553093066137.jpg

It goes on...

Source: Louisiana-owned plantation removes sign about 'happy' slaves | Daily Mail Online

My question is...why are so many whites so delusional about the worst thing that happened in America, and America's original sin?

Let's clear out your delusion first... It was Democrat's, not America's original sin.

Forum List

Back