Louisiana: Obamacare Yes, Vitter No

Vitter pushed the "Boo! Scary muslims!" line hard. It didn't help. He still got pasted.

Republicans should take note that fear tactics don't work as well as they might hope. Sure, Vitter was damaged goods, but he didn't just lose, he lost big, even with the fear tactics.

Democrats should learn some lessons as well. The biggest is "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight. Bring an assault rifle." Edwards wasn't afraid to go for the jugular. Timid Democrats lose, aggressive Democrats win.

I believe it had more to do with his weirdo diaper shit. I wouldn't have voted for that freak.

Vitter is not a good candidate. He talks like a retard and makes a very poor personal appearance.

The fact that he visited a French quarter hooker 20 years ago is not why he lost.

When one views the election from a neutral point of view it appears to be a case of character and trust.

Yawn...a state where electing convicted felons and KKK grand wizard poo-bahs to public office is common place. You would think it was Chicago or something.

Edwards is a conservative with a D behind his name. He is not going to expand failed obamacare in La.

These are Moderate republicans obviously, Gov. Bobby Jindal seems to me like the least extreme right on the candidate trail, who of coarse just step down.
Sort of a warning of what is ahead I would think.

Jindal is not a moderate. Neither is he extreme right. The left here in La hates him because he took measures to actually balance the state budget.

Balance the state budget????

You mean go from a $1 billion surplus when he came into office to a $1.6 billion deficit today??

lmao....clueless.

Interesting, I didn't pay much attention to that election but John Bel Edwards is a West Point grad, pro gun and anti abortion. Not your typical demonrat

Edwards is a conservative with a D behind his name. He is not going to expand failed obamacare in La.

These are Moderate republicans obviously, Gov. Bobby Jindal seems to me like the least extreme right on the candidate trail, who of coarse just step down.
Sort of a warning of what is ahead I would think.

Jindal is not a moderate. Neither is he extreme right. The left here in La hates him because he took measures to actually balance the state budget.

Balance the state budget????

You mean go from a $1 billion surplus when he came into office to a $1.6 billion deficit today??

lmao....clueless.

cite?

Because there's no such thing as "failed obamacare." But Edwards will do what Jindal failed...

failed obamacare
1. premiums up
2. deductibles up
3. coverages down
4. doctors leaving medicine
5. insurance companies folding
6. state exchanges bankrupt

But if you're getting it free, its great. We understand why you like it.

Because there's no such thing as "failed obamacare." But Edwards will do what Jindal failed...

failed obamacare
1. premiums up
2. deductibles up
3. coverages down

A couple of those are partially correct, but the majority are inaccurate. That's a good example of failure.

failed obamacare
1. premiums up
2. deductibles up
3. coverages down

A couple of those are partially correct, but the majority are inaccurate. That's a good example of failure.

which ones are not true?

I sincerely hope that Edwards will do a good job as governor. I hope he is not owned by the DNC, but since they financed his campaign, I doubt it.

failed obamacare
1. premiums up
2. deductibles up
3. coverages down

which ones are not true?

I sincerely hope that Edwards will do a good job as governor. I hope he is not owned by the DNC, but since they financed his campaign, I doubt it.

There's plenty of information in the many, many threads about the subject in the Obamacare and Healthcare forums. Have at it.

You'd at least have to think that after the PPACA has been in place for almost two years a newly-elected governor would have done his homework and seen that it worked before promising to implement it. If you think he's a good candidate, give him that much benefit of the doubt. ;)

failed obamacare
1. premiums up
2. deductibles up
3. coverages down

which ones are not true?

There's plenty of information in the many, many threads about the subject in the Obamacare and Healthcare forums. Have at it.

You'd at least have to think that after the PPACA has been in place for almost two years a newly-elected governor would have done his homework and seen that it worked before promising to implement it. If you think he's a good candidate, give him that much benefit of the doubt. ;)

so you cannot prove that any of the 6 things I listed are not true. OK, thanks.

did you read my post? I said I hope he does a good job. I will give him a chance. We will soon know if he D behind his name is more important than his state.

failed obamacare
1. premiums up
2. deductibles up
3. coverages down

which ones are not true?

so you cannot prove that any of the 6 things I listed are not true. OK, thanks.

did you read my post? I said I hope he does a good job. I will give him a chance. We will soon know if he D behind his name is more important than his state.

Did you read my post? I said "There's plenty of information in the many, many threads about the subject in the Obamacare and Healthcare forums."

If you can't be arsed to read them, that's on you.

As the Republicans make the excuse Edwards isn't a real Democrat, Democrats celebrate the win of a good Democrat.

So how is Edward a good Democrat?

Pro-rationality. That it, he's not shrieking hysterically about terrorists coming to get us.

Pro-minimum-wage hike.

Pro-marriage equality.

Pro-ACA and pro-Medicaid expansion (Jindal had blocked it. It's assured of passage without him.)

Anti-discrimination.

Pro-environment.

Those are all major differences from any Republican. Being pro-gun and pro-life are not concerns, as he's not going to do anything loony on those issues, like a Republican would.

As the Republicans make the excuse Edwards isn't a real Democrat, Democrats celebrate the win of a good Democrat.

So how is Edward a good Democrat?

Pro-rationality. That it, he's not shrieking hysterically about terrorists coming to get us.

Pro-minimum-wage hike.

Pro-marriage equality.

Pro-ACA and pro-Medicaid expansion (Jindal had blocked it. It's assured of passage without him.)

Anti-discrimination.

Pro-environment.

Those are all major differences from any Republican. Being pro-gun and pro-life are not concerns, as he's not going to do anything loony on those issues, like a Republican would.

pro-rationality? --- it that something new from the far left DNC?
minimum wage increases will cost jobs in La and put more people on unemployment.
Louisiana does not support gay marriage. Its not "equality". its giving normalcy to a perversion of the human experience
ACA is failing, worst legislation in the history of this nation
everyone is anti-discrimination and pro-environment----but most do not want open borders or AGW hysteria

Time will tell if Edwards is what he claims to be or just another far left dem controlled by far left loons.

This was hardly a vote for Obamacare.... it was more of a vote against Vitter for traditionally conservative reasons.... the guy fucked around on his wife with whores.

Stop salivating.. LA isn't turning blue.

Glad to see a blue dog win! A lot of pissed off moderate republicans are going to be voting democrat in 2016 because of the loserterians take over of the gop!
You mean Rinos??

politifact%2Fphotos%2FBudget_pie_chart_meme.jpg

I wonder who is making money from that pie chart. What was President Eisenhower's quote about military industrialists.
And the rw's tea baggers say government doesn't create jobs. Who in the living hell is making money from defense spending? Manufacturers of military goods!

Glad to see a blue dog win! A lot of pissed off moderate republicans are going to be voting democrat in 2016 because of the loserterians take over of the gop!

in your sig you say that NASA should get 100 billion per year.

Do you realize that obozo had redefined the mission of NASA as muslim outreach?

Do you realize that the country is 19 trillion in debt? Where will the 100 B come from?

Would you cut the military and national security at a time when the world is on fire and our enemies are walking in the country by the thousands?

you are very naïve, Matt. How old are you? I 'm guessing under 25.

Forum List

Back