Louisiana lawmakers want Ten Commandments in all public school classrooms

So in looking at those ten commandments, Students will see only three things that are actually illegal

Most kids already know that killing, stealing and lying are bad.
Why do they need religious doctrine?

Louisiana lawmakers want Ten Commandments in all public school classrooms​

This is CRAZY!!
Aren’t we creating a much better society by teaching faggotry, chicks with dicks and the like in our classrooms? Shouldn't we focus more on teaching how cool abortions are?
View attachment 928071

Your panic at rare occurances is laughable.

See post #276 by Libby for reference (which is a response to my post, #274).

Anyway poster Libby offers us this:

"That of course is completely illogical and even atheists don't use it.
If then many gods existed, they would necessarily differ from each other."

Ah, earnest poster Libby, are you suggesting you want to view this god stuff through the lens of logic?

Doesn't that seem a bit fraught to you?
I ask that rhetorically.
But, in my view logic and god-stuff seem to be a bridge too far for many.

Anyway, let's go to your analysis on why multi-gods is a non-starter in your world of logic.

It seems you are offering the idea that multi-gods is a jurisdictional challenge.

Meaning, who gets to rule where and over what.
In your view there has to be one strong woman who is the only one, or at least the superior one that all others report to.
Do I have that right?

If that is what you are proposing, well, I would offer as context, the world of the Aztecs (I'm sure there are other cultures it applies to, but I just read a book about the Aztecs so it is fresh in my mind).

In their world (and remember the Aztecs were a really really big deal way back when).......but in their world they had maybe 200 gods. And they seemed to make that work. Pretty darn well, it seems.

(until smallpox & Cortez's Jesus came along.
ps...in my opinion, Cortez make Jesus look really really bad.)

Have you ever heard of a division of labor, Libby? Vice Presidents? Branch offices?
Well, that's sorta what they made work for 'em..
They had a team of gods to address War, Sacrifice and Blood.
Another team for Creation and Devine Paternalism.
Another crew handled Rain, Agriculture, Fertility.
And then clean-up crews that managed a bunch of other stuff, e.g., wind, commerce, merchants, etc.

So you see, Libby it can be done.
Has been done
--------------------------------------------------------

*For example, think of those Catholics with their long and strong benches of Saints.
Saints that cover a whole array of stuff that is probably not important enough to bother Jesus with. You know, like a patron saint of lost items. Patron saint of the wheat harvest. And so forth.

Gotta open yourself up Libby.
Don't be a Karen.

Good luck.

Last edited:
So in looking at those ten commandments, Students will see only three things that are actually illegal

Most kids already know that killing, stealing and lying are bad.
Why do they need religious doctrine?
Rubbish .
If a kid wished to lie about you , steal from you or even kill you would the vast majority want to blame the kid ?
No .
They would want the kid rewarded .

Three Commandments are evidently not satisfactory .

Rubbish .
If a kid wished to lie about you , steal from you or even kill you would the vast majority want to blame the kid ?
No .
They would want the kid rewarded .

Three Commandments are evidently not satisfactory .
:auiqs.jpg:

You think a poster on the wall would stop him?

That is wrong and even a child could see it.

America is founded on Jesus and the Bible but it is not founded on a Church and you make that confusion.
I can love my family members but NOT put them on the payroll (nepotism) .To you all things are a matter of bad motivation.
Silly, really , but your poor posts have an educational value.

Tell me what you think these quotes mean

In his Farewell Address of September 1796, Washington called religion, as the source of morality, "a necessary spring of popular government," while Adams claimed that statesmen "may plan and speculate for Liberty, but it is Religion and Morality alone, which can establish the Principles upon which Freedom can securely stand."

And just to make sure you don't change the subject -- you love to do that-- remember what Adams said

View attachment 928116
That’s all fine but there is no official church of America. I believe you may have misunderstood.

Lol

Of course it is.

Are you suggesting something made of cloth is not and idol simply because cloth does not qualify?
What materials do qualify?
Stone, wood, metal... which qualify?
It’s not the material from which the idol is made it is people believing it is a god. No one worships the flag as a god. You’re way off base.

It’s not the material from which the idol is made it is people believing it is a god. No one worships the flag as a god. You’re way off base.
Really? Wrong
It's a false religion. You are most definitely worshipping the country. It's weird.

Let's take the case of MAGA. You can't deny they worship Trump as an orange Jesus and the Trump flags are a manifestation of their religion.

How do they affect you personally? And why do they offend you? (if they don't affect you?).
What issue do you have with people who might have different lifestyles than you do?

Don't waste my time with the whole drag queen drama.

You got issues?..Get em out! :)

I am freedom person in general, My issue is schools taking a position against many parents who are religious and see homosexuality as sinful.

Really? Wrong
It's a false religion. You are most definitely worshipping the country. It's weird.

Let's take the case of MAGA. You can't deny they worship Trump as an orange Jesus and the Trump flags are a manifestation of their religion.
Oh lord....Look, loving one's own country is not religious worship in America. Maybe in a Muslim country where religion and state are one but not here in America. No one I know worships Trump or any made up 'Orange jesus.' I think you're delusional.

Forum List

Back