Louisiana Just Voted to Give a Quarter of a Million People Health Care

^Thank you for a well-thought-out answer. :)

Maybe Louisiana's new governor can make it work the way Romney made it work in Massachusetts. A smaller-scale program than a federal one. That was the argument given by many before passage of the PPACA. Those "for" would cite its being based on Romneycare; those against would argue "just because it worked in one state doesn't mean it can work across the country."

Wait and see, I guess.

Romneycare didn't work. It was a failure that got to the step I mentioned where it needed money, that's where the federal Government was bailing it out every single year.

Thank you for a nice response.

I wonder if the existence of the PPACA might also have been a deciding factor in the demise of Romneycare? The startup of Obamacare meant Romneycare was redundant? Just a thought.

Hard to make either work without eliminating the middleman, i.e., for-profit insurers. That would seem to be inevitable eventually.

Why should I be paying for someone else's healthcare? We pay for our own and still pay for someone else? Sounds like welfare

Only to a moron.

All insurance is predicated on the Pareto principle. You were given a chance to learn upthread, but you'd rather just keep parroting the talking points.

Do you have car insurance? Do you understand how that works? Apparently not...

I understand how auto insurance works. In my State, the only auto insurance I'm required to have isn't designed to protect me. Obamacare was designed to protect those buying it. Car insurance in my state doesn't work that way.

Why should I be paying for someone else's healthcare? We pay for our own and still pay for someone else? Sounds like welfare

Only to a moron.

All insurance is predicated on the Pareto principle. You were given a chance to learn upthread, but you'd rather just keep parroting the talking points.

I understand how auto insurance works. In my State, the only auto insurance I'm required to have isn't designed to protect me. Obamacare was designed to protect those buying it. Car insurance in my state doesn't work that way.

So you're paying for auto insurance that does nothing? Can you elaborate?

Hard to make either work without eliminating the middleman, i.e., for-profit insurers. That would seem to be inevitable eventually.

Not unless ACA is repealed. It's primary function is to protect the middlemen.

That's your interpretation. No amount of information will change your mind, so there we are.

Just because you haven't been able to persuade me doesn't mean I can't be persuaded.

But until you can show otherwise, the facts don't line up with your claim. The law mandates the purchase of insurance. That doesn't make elimination of the middlemen "inevitable". It makes it illegal

That's your interpretation. No amount of information will change your mind, so there we are.

Just because you haven't been able to persuade me doesn't mean I can't be persuaded.

But until you can show otherwise, the facts don't line up with your claim. The law mandates the purchase of insurance. That doesn't make elimination of the middlemen "inevitable". It makes it illegal

Repeal is not the only option.

What else you got? I'll call your bluff here. I don't think you really want to eliminate the middlemen at all. I think you just want to make them government employees. Am I'm wrong?

What else you got? I'll call your bluff here. I don't think you really want to eliminate the middlemen at all. I think you just want to make them government employees. Am I'm wrong?

I think you want to argue for the sake of arguing. Not interested.

I think you want to argue for the sake of arguing. Not interested.

Don't flatter yourself. This is no argument. You're not even countering what I've said. Just dodging.

State's right to decide. Better than the Feds trying to force it on you.
I think the insurance industry originally planned to do this state by state, like they did with auto insurance.

But they saw an opportunity when Obama was elected and went for the (federal) jugular.

Only to a moron.

I have car insurance and I understand how it works.
Everyone that has car insurance pays an amount based on need, and their record.
but, everyone pays equally based on the companies prices.
if someone does not have money for car insurance, they don't get It for free, they just go without. If someone has a bad record, they pay more .
Now equate health insurance to car insurance.

Only to a moron.

I have car insurance and I understand how it works.
Everyone that has car insurance pays an amount based on need, and their record.
but, everyone pays equally based on the companies prices.
if someone does not have money for car insurance, they don't get It for free, they just go without. If someone has a bad record, they pay more .
Now equate health insurance to car insurance.

Now if you could just understand that working people don't "get it [health insurance] for free," we'd be getting somewhere.

Forum List

Back