Louisiana' AG claims state emergency powers - tells Army Corps to go fuck themselves

SpidermanTuba

Rookie
May 7, 2004
New Orleans, Louisiana
An error occurred | Movable Type Enterprise
Louisiana Attorney General Buddy Caldwell sent a letter to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Sundayadvising them that the State of Louisiana was within its rights to rebuild barrier islands in order to combat the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

Caldwell advised Lt. Gen. Robert L. Van Antwerp, commanding general of the Corps, that under the U.S. constitution the federal government does not have the legal authority to deny a state the right to conduct such emergency operations to protect its citizens and territory.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

• Banned
Somehow I don't think the rest of the nation is just going to give away its largest volume port.

all talk, no balls, huh?
:lol:

Why would we want to give up being part of a country full of people so proud of where they live they don't even put it in their profile, like yourself?

damn, son, is that the best you can do?

i live outside of boston. that's where all you third worlders come when the going gets tough and you need a free meal.

• Banned
all talk, no balls, huh?

Why would we want to give up being part of a country full of people so proud of where they live they don't even put it in their profile, like yourself?

i live outside of boston. that's where all you third worlders come when the going gets tough and you need a free meal.

Its actually just a way of tricking you into telling me where you live.

Everyone I've ever met from Boston hated it. In fact one of my neighbors moved here from Boston after interning here for a summer, and he's never going back.

Last edited:

Everyone I've ever met from Boston hated it.

everyone i've ever met from louisiana was a toothless illiterate with non existent personal hygiene.

go figure, huh?

• Banned

everyone i've ever met from louisiana was a toothless illiterate with non existent personal hygiene.

go figure, huh?

:lol: ! Let the hate rain down, del. We all know that much of the rest of the nation despises us. The Cajuns themselves have had to deal with that shit for centuries. Its nothing new.

go figure, huh?

:lol: ! Let the hate rain down, del. We all know that much of the rest of the nation despises us. The Cajuns themselves have had to deal with that shit for centuries. Its nothing new.

if by hate you mean indifference, you're absolutely right.

go figure, huh?

Sadly most Americans are indifferent to the natural resources not only here, but all over the place. They don't even know where their food and oil comes from, let alone how it got there.

Sadly most Americans are indifferent to the natural resources not only here, but all over the place. They don't even know where their food and oil comes from, let alone how it got there.

yes, we need brilliant intellectuals such as yourself to guide us to proper appreciation of our circumstances. thank god you're here.

yes, we need brilliant intellectuals such as yourself to guide us to proper appreciation of our circumstances. thank god you're here.

:clap2::clap2::clap2: Keep em coming.

:clap2::clap2::clap2: Keep em coming.

take a break, have a muffeletta and a cafe au lait. :thup:

What, is it time for you to go sit your ass in crappy Bostonian traffic?

Seriously, what a great road system the city has. Just as efficient as New York City - with less than half the cars.

Louisiana Attorney General Buddy Caldwell sent a letter to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Sundayadvising them that the State of Louisiana was within its rights to rebuild barrier islands in order to combat the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.

Caldwell advised Lt. Gen. Robert L. Van Antwerp, commanding general of the Corps, that under the U.S. constitution the federal government does not have the legal authority to deny a state the right to conduct such emergency operations to protect its citizens and territory.

Good for LA. Do something for yourselves for once.

Good for LA. Do something for yourselves for once.

Shut the fuck up San Antonio.

All this really means is that Holder will send him a letter informing him he is mistaken, giving the appropriate legal citations, and it will end there. The LA AG is just grandstanding, but when push comes to shove, the corps has a lot more pull than he does.

Forum List

Back