Loss of another WWII Icon

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
A P 51 Mustang crashed after takeoff from Durango, CO. It's believed there were two people on board and both are dead. I feel for the loss of the two flyers and the loss of an irreplaceable warbird. Less than 150 Mustangs remain in the US, 15000 we manufactured.
Again, my condolences to the families of the fallen.

P51-Mustang-Flight.jpg

A P 51 Mustang crashed after takeoff from Durango, CO. It's believed there were two people on board and both are dead. I feel for the loss of the two flyers and the loss of an irreplaceable warbird. Less than 150 Mustangs remain in the US, 15000 we manufactured.

P51-Mustang-Flight.jpg

...Uh, so your mourning the loss of the aircraft and not the pilots? Or both but couldn't be bothered to mention the names of the lost people but did for the plane including some history on it?

P51-Mustang-Flight.jpg

...Uh, so your mourning the loss of the aircraft and not the pilots? Or both but couldn't be bothered to mention the names of the lost people but did for the plane including some history on it?

Are you an assumptive, sanctimonious prick by nature or is this something new for you?

Last edited:
Some of those surplus planes went cheap even with the prices of those days. I looked at a Stearman PT 17 for $300. In fact, some were said to be buying the airplane for the gas in the tanks.

Forum List

Back