Lords And Princes

Good for Kasich! I should write him and congratulate him ... but I probably won't. John McCain shouldn't even have to run for office and should be able to stay as long as he wants??? He just admitted to what the rest of us have thought and/or known for decades ... they all think "once in, it's a permanent position and I deserve it." We, the people of our respective states shouldn't have the right to vote out someone old and replace them with someone else? Gotcha, Kasich ... my very long time Ohio born and raised friend was right about you.

I don't feel that just because he was a prisoner-of-war, he should be treated special in politics. To me, being a prisoner-of-war doesn't automatically make one a war hero. Audie Murphy was a war hero and John Basilone was a war hero, but shooting and killing the enemy, then saying, "wait, don't shoot me", when cornered, doesn't automatically grant one heroic status. It means you survived and for most in combat, that's all they can hope for.

I don't feel that just because he was a prisoner-of-war, he should be treated special in politics. To me, being a prisoner-of-war doesn't automatically make one a war hero. Audie Murphy was a war hero and John Basilone was a war hero, but shooting and killing the enemy, then saying, "wait, don't shoot me", when cornered, doesn't automatically grant one heroic status. It means you survived and for most in combat, that's all they can hope for.
OK.

Forum List

Back