Looks like Tea Party was right about Obamacare. America owes them an apology

Far from it. The EMTALA was passed in response to patient dumping which became common in the 1980's. Over 85% of ER patient transfers were for financial reasons. Simply not having proof of insurance on your person when you were wheeled into an ER could send you across town to a county hospital. The general rule today is to delivery an emergency to the nearest ER. That was not necessarily the case prior to EMTALA.

Hey stupid. That doesn't explain why the law was written to include free ER treatment for ILLEGALS???

I can't wait for it to be fixed!

What month is it suppose to be fixed now?

Obozo is now saying end of nov, presumably 2013. Of course he lies about everything. "If you like your present health plan, you get to keep it. Period".

North Carolina can't be down to two providers on the exchange because they never had more than two. North Carolina has very few companies selling individual insurance in the state. I could only find 4.

FirstCarolina, a wholly owned subsidiary of FirstHealth of the Carolinas, announced Thursday afternoon it had alerted the North Carolina Department of Insurance of its intention to reverse course on its plan to sell federally approved policies on the exchange...

FirstCarolina had received federal certification to offer 16 plans for sale that meet federal minimum requirements. It was the first of the three insurers to release its premium plans and prices.

Two insurers pull out of Georgia health exchange | Online Athens
Aetna pulls out of New Jersey's Obamacare exchange - Sep. 13, 2013
Aetna pulls health plans from Maryland insurance exchange - Baltimore Sun
What Aetna's move to pull insurance plans from Maryland exchange means - Baltimore Business Journal
3 sizable insurance providers pull out of California health insurance exchange | All California Health Insurance
Aetna Pulls Out Of Connecticut?s Insurance Exchange « CBS Connecticut
Aetna Pulls Health Plans From Md. Insurance Exchange - Top News - InsuranceNewsNet.com
Regence BlueCross BlueShield Pulls out of Oregon?s Insurance Exchange | The Lund Report
Humana Exits Utah Health Insurance Exchange
If you do a little research you'll find that Aetna did not pull out of the exchanges because they were never registered. They issued a statement saying they were not registering in states where they had little or no penetration into the individual insurance market.

If you take the time to read your article about Human which is dated October 17, 2011, two years before the ACA exchanges opened, you would see that the article is about the Utah Healthcare Exchange. This was long before the ACA exchanges were setup.

Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield did not register in Oregon and several other states because their sister company, BridgeSpan was registering. If Regence registered, they would be competing against themselves.

3 strikes and you're out!

Far from it. The EMTALA was passed in response to patient dumping which became common in the 1980's. Over 85% of ER patient transfers were for financial reasons. Simply not having proof of insurance on your person when you were wheeled into an ER could send you across town to a county hospital. The general rule today is to delivery an emergency to the nearest ER. That was not necessarily the case prior to EMTALA.

Hey stupid. That doesn't explain why the law was written to include free ER treatment for ILLEGALS???
Care to show me where ER treatment for ILLEGALS is written into the law.

Last edited:
North Carolina can't be down to two providers on the exchange because they never had more than two. North Carolina has very few companies selling individual insurance in the state. I could only find 4.

FirstCarolina, a wholly owned subsidiary of FirstHealth of the Carolinas, announced Thursday afternoon it had alerted the North Carolina Department of Insurance of its intention to reverse course on its plan to sell federally approved policies on the exchange...

FirstCarolina had received federal certification to offer 16 plans for sale that meet federal minimum requirements. It was the first of the three insurers to release its premium plans and prices.

Two insurers pull out of Georgia health exchange | Online Athens
Aetna pulls out of New Jersey's Obamacare exchange - Sep. 13, 2013
Aetna pulls health plans from Maryland insurance exchange - Baltimore Sun
What Aetna's move to pull insurance plans from Maryland exchange means - Baltimore Business Journal
3 sizable insurance providers pull out of California health insurance exchange | All California Health Insurance
Aetna Pulls Out Of Connecticut?s Insurance Exchange « CBS Connecticut
Aetna Pulls Health Plans From Md. Insurance Exchange - Top News - InsuranceNewsNet.com
Regence BlueCross BlueShield Pulls out of Oregon?s Insurance Exchange | The Lund Report
Humana Exits Utah Health Insurance Exchange
If you do a little research you'll find that Aetna did not pull out of the exchanges because they were never registered. They issued a statement saying they were not registering in states where they had little or no penetration into the individual insurance market.

If you take the time to read your article about Human which is dated October 17, 2011, two years before the ACA exchanges opened, you would see that the article is about the Utah Healthcare Exchange. This was long before the ACA exchanges were setup.

Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield did not register in Oregon and several other states because their sister company, BridgeSpan was registering. If Regence registered, they would be competing against themselves.

New York is the fifth state where Aetna has pulled its application to sell the plans that go on sale on October 1 and into effect on January 1, 2014. It has also reversed course in Maryland, Ohio, Georgia, and Connecticut, where it is based.

Aetna pulls out of New York health insurance exchange | Yahoo Health

Founded in Hartford, Conn., in 1850, Aetna withdrew its application to participate in that state on Monday, the Hartford Courant reported. The company said it was withdrawing from there and in Georgia and Maryland because limitations the state governments would impose on their rates would not allow them to make money.

“We have spent considerable time identifying those states in which we can be competitive and add the most value to the market,” Aetna said in a statement. “As a result of our analysis, we have reluctantly concluded that we will withdraw certain Individual Exchange filings for 2014, including filings in Connecticut, Georgia and Maryland.”...
Aetna will also not participate in California’s exchange, and a spokesperson told CNSNews.com that the company never intended to do so.

(AP Photo)
“We did not withdraw exchange plans in California, as we never planned participation nor filed [Qualified Health Plans] QHPs to participate in the California exchange,” a
Blue Cross, Aetna, United, Humana Flee Obamacare Exchanges | CNS News

New York is the fifth state where Aetna has pulled its application to sell the plans that go on sale on October 1 and into effect on January 1, 2014. It has also reversed course in Maryland, Ohio, Georgia, and Connecticut, where it is based.

Founded in Hartford, Conn., in 1850, Aetna withdrew its application to participate in that state on Monday, the Hartford Courant reported. The company said it was withdrawing from there and in Georgia and Maryland because limitations the state governments would impose on their rates would not allow them to make money.

“We have spent considerable time identifying those states in which we can be competitive and add the most value to the market,” Aetna said in a statement. “As a result of our analysis, we have reluctantly concluded that we will withdraw certain Individual Exchange filings for 2014, including filings in Connecticut, Georgia and Maryland.”...
Aetna will also not participate in California’s exchange, and a spokesperson told CNSNews.com that the company never intended to do so.

(AP Photo)
“We did not withdraw exchange plans in California, as we never planned participation nor filed [Qualified Health Plans] QHPs to participate in the California exchange,” a
Thanks for the links backing up my post

LA Times: Some health insurance gets pricier as Obamacare rolls out

Thousands of Californians are discovering what Obamacare will cost them — and many don't like what they see.

These middle-class consumers are staring at hefty increases on their insurance bills as the overhaul remakes the healthcare market. Their rates are rising in large part to help offset the higher costs of covering sicker, poorer people who have been shut out of the system for years.

Fullerton resident Jennifer Harris thought she had a great deal, paying $98 a month for an individual plan through Health Net Inc.

Now Harris, a self-employed lawyer, must shop for replacement insurance. The cheapest plan she has found will cost her $238 a month. She and her husband don't qualify for federal premium subsidies because they earn too much money, about $80,000 a year combined.

Pam Kehaly, president of Anthem Blue Cross in California, said she received a recent letter from a young woman complaining about a 50% rate hike related to the healthcare law.

"She said, 'I was all for Obamacare until I found out I was paying for it,'" Kehaly said.

Nearly 2 million Californians have individual insurance, and several hundred thousand of them are losing their health plans in a matter of weeks.

Blue Shield of California sent termination letters to 119,000 customers last month whose plans don't meet the new federal requirements. About two-thirds of those people will experience a rate increase from switching to a new health plan, according to the company.

If Obama doesn't get as many people enrolled as he wants, those costs will necessarily sky-rocket. The fees are based on the number of people that participate.

(AP Photo)
Thanks for the links backing up my post

Obviously you have reading comprehension problems.

Not sure of your point but I can tell you (and any one with 2 eyeballs would tell you this as well) that preventative healthcare is much less expensive than acute care. The key to getting preventative healthcare is insurance. Thus it stands to reason; more people on insurance=lower overall costs.

I agree with Edgethro that it looks good on paper until the time comes with how it's to be implemented. To introduce a mandate where everyone is required to carry insurance becomes difficult to attain as there will always be those who fall through the cracks. Our nation can't even control our own boarders, yet we are asking the government to track all immigrants (illegal, or those with a green card), as well as those that are homeless, who become ill or injured and require care in our hospitals.

The issue of cost is another factor. Obamacare was sold under the promise of providing affordable health care. Yet there will still be many Americans that are too poor, or the countless unemployed effected by a huge loss in income with bills and obligations that don't change simply because they can't find work. Who covers their costs to provide coverage? What the government does is provide system that is nothing more than a shell game of hidden costs, diverted under the umbrella of another type of program. When someone provides a service and the bill is simply left at the table, as the grateful party simply turns and walks, someone ALWAYS has to be left to pick up the tab. Changing the system doesn't negate the problems in confronting cost. Rather we've traded uninsured patients who require treatment that raises the costs on the rest who HAVE coverage, to low income patients who now obtain their coverage divided amongst taxpayers who must acquire it FOR them among their taxable provisions. It's the government shell game, under the false premise that it will not add a cent to our debt or raise its costs onto the majority of Americans.

You're paying for 100% of the people who show up at the County and City clinics and emergency rooms. Preventative healthcare will reduce those numbers. Keep in mind that in many cases it's not 20 y/o adults who show up after not going to the doctor for several years even though they could; it's 10 y/o girls who have high fever whose parents wanted to but couldn't afford insurance. Now instead of that ER visit, they'll have the ability to go to scheduled doctor visits to catch problems before they result in acute care having to be delivered.

I believe I just stated that in my reply above, again it becomes a shuffle game as the factor of "cost" doesn't go away and it will STILL go up regardless what kind of government controlled system is used. We can choose to go with a full government controlled insurance program (single payer), however we can look to NHS in Great Britain and see they are still suffering under the burden of increasing government debt. Currently the NHS is looking to rationing care over what the doctor believes the patient may need. Anytime an individual or group can not afford health care, the cost to cover their expenses shifts unto those who CAN afford it. The only thing YOU have done, in supporting government health care, is to merely shift those costs onto the taxpayer.

If Obama doesn't get as many people enrolled as he wants, those costs will necessarily sky-rocket. The fees are based on the number of people that participate.

Why do you think Obama is concentrating so much attention towards amnesty? If the young people are choosing not to get on board, he will try to look towards another group to try and bail-out this health care government mess.

I just love this quote from the LA Times. It pretty much sums up the Epic Suckage of ObamaCare:

I was all for Obamacare until I found out I was paying for it.

LA Times

I just love this quote from the LA Times. It pretty much sums up the Epic Suckage of ObamaCare:

LA Times

that is why you are only seeing those who qualify for medicaid

and subsidized plans enrolled

everyone else is going WTF

LA Times: Some health insurance gets pricier as Obamacare rolls out

Thousands of Californians are discovering what Obamacare will cost them — and many don't like what they see.

These middle-class consumers are staring at hefty increases on their insurance bills as the overhaul remakes the healthcare market. Their rates are rising in large part to help offset the higher costs of covering sicker, poorer people who have been shut out of the system for years.

Fullerton resident Jennifer Harris thought she had a great deal, paying $98 a month for an individual plan through Health Net Inc.

Now Harris, a self-employed lawyer, must shop for replacement insurance. The cheapest plan she has found will cost her $238 a month. She and her husband don't qualify for federal premium subsidies because they earn too much money, about $80,000 a year combined.

Pam Kehaly, president of Anthem Blue Cross in California, said she received a recent letter from a young woman complaining about a 50% rate hike related to the healthcare law.

"She said, 'I was all for Obamacare until I found out I was paying for it,'" Kehaly said.

Nearly 2 million Californians have individual insurance, and several hundred thousand of them are losing their health plans in a matter of weeks.

Blue Shield of California sent termination letters to 119,000 customers last month whose plans don't meet the new federal requirements. About two-thirds of those people will experience a rate increase from switching to a new health plan, according to the company.

the devil is in the details

the title says some

the story says thousands

I like

Describes a typical Papa Obama voter.

It also reflects how bad a job the MSM is doing in providing real news
and being just an extension of WH propaganda

Last edited:
Care to show me where ER treatment for ILLEGALS is written into the law.

Are you serious??? The EMTALA Act of 1985 says so. You're the only one in the world that questions that. Read this, you moron.

National Data | EMTALA?Health Care Giveaway To Immigrants | VDARE.com
Illegal immigrants are not mentioned in the law. EMTALA prevents hospitals from transferring uninsured or Medicaid patients to public hospitals without, at a minimum, providing a medical screening examination to ensure they were stable for transfer.

Aside from the inhumane aspects of denying emergency treatment to undocumented immigrants, it would simply be impractical to withhold life saving treatments until citizenship cold be verified.

EMTALA

LA Times

that is why you are only seeing those who qualify for medicaid

and subsidized plans enrolled

everyone else is going WTF
The exchange is only for people who don't qualify for Medicaid, Medicare, VA, or employee sponsored insurance. You can't sign up for any of these coverage on the Exchange.

Last edited:
I for one, am shocked

Indiana School District Faces $6 Million In Costs From ObamaCare, Cutting Hours For Workers

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dr3oy0yO88"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dr3oy0yO88[/ame]

Papa Obama lied
Health care plans died

Last edited:

Forum List

Back