Looks like Tea Party was right about Obamacare. America owes them an apology

Last edited:
I just love this quote from the LA Times. It pretty much sums up the Epic Suckage of ObamaCare:

I was all for Obamacare until I found out I was paying for it.

LA Times

that is why you are only seeing those who qualify for medicaid

and subsidized plans enrolled

In my state if you are eligible for medicaid you cannot get a subsidy. You're supposed to instead get your health care thru medicaid.

[q

Aside from the inhumane aspects of denying emergency treatment to undocumented immigrants, it would simply be impractical to withhold life saving treatments until citizenship cold be verified.
]

Life-saving?? HAHAHA. Illegals use emtala for every health problem, you idiot.

[q

Aside from the inhumane aspects of denying emergency treatment to undocumented immigrants, it would simply be impractical to withhold life saving treatments until citizenship cold be verified.
]

Life-saving?? HAHAHA. Illegals use emtala for every health problem, you idiot.

Wilson was right , Papa Obama does lie

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBKAHRYkGVQ]South Carolina Rep Joe Wilson shouts, 'You lie' at Obama - YouTube[/ame]

The look on Pelosi's face is priceless

Last edited:
[

Emergency room will also be flooded with 30 million new insured patients with policies paid for by the taxpayers so there will be a lot more emergencies including some not serious enough to be called an emergency.
Why go to the drug store and buy a bandaid for a small cut when the are free at the emergency room?

Apparently you don't realize that the poor (and illegals incredibly enough) already get free health care at ERs courtesy of the EMTALA Act of 1986. And they use the ERs for everything.

If true, why do we need the ACA? The mantra was thirty million people are doing without health care and now you tell me EVERYONE gets it.

Actually, if someone were to come into the ER who is critical and doesn't have insurance, by law they can not be turned away. Rather, the doctors and surgeons will do what they can to stabilize the patient of their condition. No one is denied medical assistance who enter the ER regardless if they have coverage.

[

Actually, if someone were to come into the ER who is critical and doesn't have insurance, by law they can not be turned away. Rather, the doctors and surgeons will do what they can to stabilize the patient of their condition. No one is denied medical assistance who enter the ER regardless if they have coverage.

And that includes illegals - people that aren't even allowed to be here. They get free treatment for everything by simply walking into an ER and saying "ees emergency, senor".

[

And that includes illegals - people that aren't even allowed to be here. They get free treatment for everything by simply walking into an ER and saying "ees emergency, senor".
Last year, about 80,000 emergency-room patients left without treatment after being told they would have to pay for services upfront because they did not have a true emergency. The EMTALA law only requires that hospitals screen and stabilize anyone with an emergency.

Hospitals Demand Payment Upfront From ER Patients With Routine Problems - Kaiser Health News

However, hospitals have a long history that goes back over a hundred years of treating anyone that asks for medical help from the ER regardless of their ability to pay. There is no federal law that requires it.

[

Last year, about 80,000 emergency-room patients left without treatment after being told they would have to pay for services upfront because they did not have a true emergency. The EMTALA law only requires that hospitals screen and stabilize anyone with an emergency.

Hospitals Demand Payment Upfront From ER Patients With Routine Problems - Kaiser Health News

However, hospitals have a long history that goes back over a hundred years of treating anyone that asks for medical help from the ER regardless of their ability to pay. There is no federal law that requires it.

Indeed, the law specifically states "anyone needing EMERGENCY services". However, (and I have nothing to back this up with) I would imagine that the vast majority of hospitals "look the other way" when it comes to illegals. My Wife is a MSN and I have walked by the ER on occasion at 11:00PM and seen the ER jammed with folks of "questionable" citizenship.

To be fair, I have also seen those "of questionable citizenship" pull out a wad of cash the size of a baseball and pay cash for their services as well. Of course, when your money comes from "under the table" and you can't open a checking account - you tend to deal in cash. Keeps the IRS at bay as well.

You see, 99% of the hospitals display a sign that states "If you do not have health insurance, we will stabilize you and transport you to another hospital" - though the only time they actually do this is in the event of a catastrophic emergency.

[.

80,000??? I don't buy that number but even that is not very high. ER refusals should be 10 million or more every year. There are 6000 hospitals in america so that means just 12 -13 refusals per year per hospital That's one a month!!!! THINK, you miserable wretch.

[

Do you have another independent source that can confirm these findings? I am rather suspicious of a source that has a foundational link with an individual (Henry J Kaiser) who also established Kaiser Permanente insurance. They may hold onto the claim they are not connected, however his wealth is behind the foundations establishment. Someone associated with providing health care coverage citing statistics to promote the need for more Americans to be covered ... merely coincidence and independent beyond reproach?

Kaiser organized Kaiser Permanente health care for his workers and their families. He led Kaiser-Frazer followed by Kaiser Motors, automobile companies known for the safety of their designs. Kaiser was involved in large construction projects such as civic centers and dams, and invested in real estate. With his acquired wealth, he initiated the Kaiser Family Foundation, a non-profit, non-partisan, charitable organization.

Looks like Tea Party was right about Obamacare. America owes them an apology

sure does
but the left can't even admit the Great Society was failure
after 15 trillion spent, almost 50 years and we have the same level of poverty

The left is stuck on stupid

[

sure does

A failure for america but a great success for democrats.. They created a permanent underclass that will always vote dem - the welfare party.

[

sure does

A failure for america but a great success for democrats.. They created a permanent underclass that will always vote dem - the welfare party.

Absolutely. Couldn't have stated it better myself. I remember my Dad telling me that this exact thing would happen when LBJ signed the legislation.

[

sure does

Absolutely. Couldn't have stated it better myself. I remember my Dad telling me that this exact thing would happen when LBJ signed the legislation.

Your Dad was a smart man

Forum List

Back