Looking for a good radio show and host

ShaneResearch

Rookie
Feb 5, 2013
Hi All, I was wondering if you could help me.

I’m currently working on a documentary project and am looking for recommendations for a male presented US radio show. Preferably the character will host a local talk show - would prefer to stay clear of the bigger commercial stations. He has to be a good listener and a gentle type of interviewer. Just thought some of you guys may have some suggestions to offer or favoured shows to listen to? As I'm based in Dublin, Ireland I'm having to research online and ask for help!

Any advice would be appreciated. Many Thanks, Shane

I’m currently working on a documentary project and am looking for recommendations for a male presented US radio show. Preferably the character will host a local talk show - would prefer to stay clear of the bigger commercial stations. He has to be a good listener and a gentle type of interviewer. Just thought some of you guys may have some suggestions to offer or favoured shows to listen to? As I'm based in Dublin, Ireland I'm having to research online and ask for help!

What exactly would this person do? Play a character? Be filmed as an actuality or a B-roll? Does "preferably" refer to the person being local, or to the person being an actual host? Why male? What would they have to do-- travel to Ireland? Do a remote interview? These will all influence your search. Please be more specific on what you want to do here. Cheers.

Hey thanks for replying. If they were chosen they would have to feature in the documentary as themselves, possibly as a host, it's not entirely clear right now. The preferably refers to him being a man that doesn't work for a commercial radio show. We want one that works for a smaller station on the chance that he would be familiar with people in the community and possibly provide further names of people that might be suitable to feature in the film. He wouldn't have to travel to Ireland. The crew would come to him. It has to be a man because they documentary is about men and the gentler side of men. Hope this helps.

...(the) documentary is about men and the gentler side of men.

That sounds really...boring.

Radio hosts I like include Neil Boortz and Larry Elder. Are they gentle? Don't know, but they tend to be honest and factual. That's a start.

...(the) documentary is about men and the gentler side of men.

That sounds really...boring.

Radio hosts I like include Neil Boortz and Larry Elder. Are they gentle? Don't know, but they tend to be honest and factual. That's a start.

It doesn't sound like you're looking for a host of a political talk show, but Shane I can tell you, Neil Boortz is national and definitely not "gentle". Larry Elder's in L.A. and I'm not familiar with his style; in any case it sounds like you want a community-oriented host rather than a politically oriented one. Political talk shows are big business here, and I suspect most of the replies you get will be in that vein. But there are plenty of alternatives. Also we'll have to define what you mean by "commercial".

I have a lot of ties to radio in the U.S. and might have a couple of ideas. Let's converse offline. I'll send a friend request.

If you gottem smart phone, download free app TuneIn. It streams radio stations from just about everywhere. You can choose among music, sports, news, and "Talk". It might be a good tool for you in this endeavor.

http://www.chrisxradio.com
Streams online on Saturdays where you can listen from wherever

You've just described Thom Hatmann

Thom Hartmann - News & info from the #1 progressive radio show

I don't believe the OP is with us any more, guys. I sent him a PM over three months ago and never heard squat. This thread might as well be closed.

Forum List

Back