Look what the election has done to the price of reloading supplies

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
One of the integral components for reloading ammunition is primers. One month ago, the average price for one package of 1,000 small pistol primers was about $40.

The same thing is bringing around $200-$355:

1000 small pistol primers CCI - Reloading Supplies at GunBroker.com : 879212814

Large pistol magnum primers are now going for $160 per thousand. One month ago, they were also around $40.

Winchester Large Pistol Primers for Standard or Magnum 1000 - Reloading Supplies at GunBroker.com : 879402689

Glad I stocked up awhile back. Incidentally, small rifle primers can be used as a substitute for small pistol, but not the other way around. The primers are the same diameter and have the same amount of priming material, but the metal in the rifle primers is thicker. The lower pistol round pressures wouldn't be enough to seal when it was detonated, and the primer could slip out of the pocket somewhat.

It's not the election that is to blame, it's right-wingers who let the TV box scare then half-to-death. I curse your names every time I go to buy ammo.

One of the integral components for reloading ammunition is primers. One month ago, the average price for one package of 1,000 small pistol primers was about $40.

Large pistol magnum primers are now going for $160 per thousand. One month ago, they were also around $40.

Winchester Large Pistol Primers for Standard or Magnum 1000 - Reloading Supplies at GunBroker.com : 879402689

Glad I stocked up awhile back. Incidentally, small rifle primers can be used as a substitute for small pistol, but not the other way around. The primers are the same diameter and have the same amount of priming material, but the metal in the rifle primers is thicker. The lower pistol round pressures wouldn't be enough to seal when it was detonated, and the primer could slip out of the pocket somewhat.

We were "prepped" by last August when they took USAMRIID offline. But for kicks we continued to stockpile. And then that awful boating accident happened and we lost everything. I was at Dick's the other week and about a dozen sorry saps were lining up for store open to buy very specific ammo. But the truck didn't come in. All the drivers are sick. COVID, you see. Nevertheless I don't mind paying $70 for a box of ammo I really want. Suppose if I was running low it'd piss me off a bit. Oh wait . . . the boating accident . . .

It's not the election that is to blame, it's right-wingers who let the TV box scare then half-to-death. I curse your names every time I go to buy ammo.

Curse your own. You should have replenished and stocked up.
Shit has been overly expensive since you silly people got needlessly scared by Obama 12 years ago.

Perhaps. However I load and shoot big bore carbines so spending large on ammo isn't something that really ticks me off. Next time the apocalypse happens be stocked up. Also, pro tip, next apocalypse don't go common calibers, go .300 WSM. Man I am seeing loads of ammo in that caliber everywhere I go.

Shit has been overly expensive since you silly people got needlessly scared by Obama 12 years ago.
When Obama became President the TV stations you like were starting to show weird stuff like children wearing Obama uniforms and other things. Like future brown shirts. Songs were made like he was some royalty. We all had hopes. And he went with the Progressive Communist style hope and change scenario seen so many tines around the world. He stirred the swill worse then any president in history. But he talked well. Biden even said that he did not talk like a black guy. That he was one of the good ones. That is what bothers me about black guys voting for Biden. I believed them in their views of judging people. And they are not as good as advertised. Many Black ladies are perma misery. And they really do not have to be that way. but people infect people.

There were plenty of guns and ammunition during the Obama years, and the prices were cheap. The then upcoming election featuring Hillary Clinton was the reason people were buying up firearms and ammunition. I even bought a brand new AK and 3,000 rounds of 7.62x39 right before the election, as she would have tried to do what Obama never bothered to, and that is enact any kind of anti-gun legislation. Even when the Dems held the House and Senate, he just sat on his thumbs.

Hillary on the other hand, would have. Her own husband passed the most restrictive anti-gun legislation this country had ever seen.

Addendum: small rifle primers will work for pistol rounds, but should not be used if you're loading them up to low velocity. The thicker metal in the primers requires enough pressure to seal tightly in the primer pocket. Otherwise you can have breech wear from the primer moving out of the pocket a couple thousandths of an inch.

Interesting and more to the story than meets the eye.

When I started reloading over 20 years ago it was a hobby. Not many shooters bothered. I started to save money on ammo. Then I found it was a great hobby and I loved it.

We know guns are selling out and so is ammo causing a shortage again. But the cost of primers and other components would suggest that far more Americans are reloading.

This is disturbing news for the left wing demagogues who wish to disarm the nation

With millions armed and stocked with ammo AND the ability to reload cartridges it is an exercise in futility to try and push the racist Bidens senseless gun control agenda

Biden says he wants O'Rourke as his "Gun Czar", and we know O'Rourke "is coming" for our guns.

Does any sane individual honestly believe he'll be able to get them?

I'm up for another revolution. Who's with me?

Really.
It’s not the left wing assholes like Antifa rioting?
It’s not Hoe Hidin bring people like Beta “hell yes I’ll take your ar15” orourke onto his staff?
It’s not his dumb ass anti-hun positions?

Forum List

Back