Long Lost Food~

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
OK, so they still make Cracker Jacks and they taste exactly like they did when I was a kid. Ditto Luden's cough drops. So, what about Pixie Sticks?

Yes, they make those. Not sure if they taste the same. I had a fondness for Charleston Chews when I lived in NH and sometimes I find them at Fresh Market but they just don't taste the same.

Haven't had pixie sticks in years. HATE cracker jacks but love fiddle faddle. I'd love to run across some Flix chocolates, though.

flicks-family.jpg

www.oldtimecandy.com

Found where I can get some!

Last edited:
Yes, they make those. Not sure if they taste the same. I had a fondness for Charleston Chews when I lived in NH and sometimes I find them at Fresh Market but they just don't taste the same.

There was some kind of sour candy that came in a roll like Lifesavers only bigger. We used to buy them when we traveled. I looked for some of those the other day at Cracker Barrel, but didn't find any. It might help if I could remember the name, though. They weren't Sweet Tarts, they were hard candy.

My dentist put a new kind of crown on one of my teeth, but I kept pulling it off with things like Bit o Honey and gummy worms. After the 4th time, he went to a traditional crown. No more problems.

Oh yea, we used to get BB Bats for the kids.

There was some kind of sour candy that came in a roll like Lifesavers only bigger. We used to buy them when we traveled. I looked for some of those the other day at Cracker Barrel, but didn't find any. It might help if I could remember the name, though. They weren't Sweet Tarts, they were hard candy.

My dentist put a new kind of crown on one of my teeth, but I kept pulling it off with things like Bit o Honey and gummy worms. After the 4th time, he went to a traditional crown. No more problems.

Smarties?

I love Cracker Barrel...I stock up on Beeman's gum every time we go.

Beemans-Wrapper.jpg

Smarties?

I love Cracker Barrel...I stock up on Beeman's gum every time we go.

Beemans-Wrapper.jpg

I don't think that was it.

Sunshine said:
OK, so they still make Cracker Jacks and they taste exactly like they did when I was a kid.
I dunno,i dont eat them enough to know but NOTHING I LIKED IN THE 80s TASTES AS GOOD NOW,ITS ALL BECOME CRAP!! (Most candy I liked changed in 2000 (Skim milk instead of reg milk,etc))

I'm devastated. This thread reminded me it was time to place another bulk order for Cheez Waffies.
It's been a few years since I last had them. I'd give them away to fam and friends.

No more...

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Wise-Cheese-Waffies-5oz-Bag/dp/B00168ADWU]Wise Cheese Waffies, 5oz Bag - 8 Unit Pack: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food[/ame]

I used to make broccoli casserole and there was a particular cheese, I believe from Kraft that was used. It came in a roll. There were 2 or 3 different flavors but the one for the broccoli casserole was garlic. You used that, a can of mushroom soup, and sliced almonds in it. That was a delicious casserole. I've seen online suggestions for how to get the flavor with other cheese, usually Velveeta, but I'm not that fond of velveeta.

we have stores around here that specialize in old candies...pixie sticks..charleston chews....i am not sure about the mint candy let me know what yall want and i can get it and mail it to ya

just pm me

When we traveled, we used to also buy sassafras candy. Don't know if they still make that, but I haven't seen it in years. I love the smell and taste of sassafras.

Forum List

Back