London on Lockdown

So Blaggar...

who is doing the rioting?

It has nothing to do with Muslims Syrenn. It started because of the killing by the police of a black guy in a taxi.

The family, friends and community wanted an explanation by the police and they kept them waiting too long. No one is sure how that changed into a riot and looting but possibly more and more people came. There is a thread with links in the Europe session.

It has spread because now people are texting each other on their mobile phones and going off to loot their favourite shops.

What seems to be the general consensus is that it would be stupid to give any single explanation for why this has arison. It seems to be many things, gangs which have been allowed to grow on estates, mass unemployment, not able to afford to carry on further education, dramatic (75%) reduction in funding for needed youth services, mistrust of the police, no hope for the future and nothing to lose.

People are just going on the rampage. Burning homes and business and looting all they can.

What is mentioned always is that it is the YOUTH. Some just early teens.

We have had a growing problem of gangs on estates and I suspect a lot is them on their cell phones organising thinking they are being cool.

I can understand Blagger being scared.

and yes, it is mainly African Caribbean neighbourhoods but black people are getting their homes and businesses burnt as well and white people are joining in. It is not a race issue.

Wrong.

As much as a lot of people would rather bury their heads in the sand, this is indeed a racial issue. A white police officer shot and killed a black man. His family converged upon the local police station demanding answers. A female member of the family instigated violence (I think she chucked half a brick at the police representative and she was duly restrained, though I could be wrong). A large group of blacks then went on the rampage, but in their heady path of destruction they got distracted by all the goodies left unguarded. Large groups of blacks and muslim hangers-on form the core of the rioters. Granted, there are some white aggitators, but nowhere near the number minorities.

I don't think the same reaction would've been provoked had it been a black marksman that had pulled the trigger on Duggan. The black communities in London have a history of manipulating the tentative issue of racial sensitivity in their favour. I wonder why it is that all the hotspots are where there are large, international sportwear chains? I'll give you a clue: it's not a coincidence.

Last edited:
The weapon being carried by Mark Duggan, the man's whose death sparked the weekend's rioting, was a converted handgun capable of firing real ammunition, the Guardian understands. Forensic tests are being carried out on the handgun found at the scene of Duggan's fatal shooting and bullets fired by the police.

It is understood that ballistics experts have established that the firearm being carried in the minicab was a handgun which at one point had not been capable of firing – a replica, a starting pistol or a collector's weapon. But the firearm had been converted– as many illegal firearms purchased on the street are – into a lethal weapon capable of carrying live ammunition.

The IPCC has said that they hope to have a fuller ballistics picture within 24 hours. But it is understood to be a complex picture, involving a number of tests to establish trajectory of bullets and how many were fired.

According to Sky the C019 firearms officer has said that he never claimed Duggan had shot at him.

The firearms officer is understood to have told investigators that he opened fire because he believed he was in danger from a lethal weapon. Two shots were fired, it is understood; one hit Duggan and one missed, lodging in another officer's radio.

Forensic tests will establish finally whether Duggan fired his weapon at all during the attempted arrest last Thursday evening.

Rachel Cerfontyne, the IPCC commissioner in charge of the independent investigation into Duggan's fatal shooting, said: "IPCC investigators are currently liaising with scientists at the Forensic Science Service regarding analysis on ballistics. We would anticipate being in a position to share verified results within the next 24 hours."

Mark Duggan handgun tests show conversion into lethal weapon | UK news | The Guardian

It has nothing to do with Muslims Syrenn. It started because of the killing by the police of a black guy in a taxi.

The family, friends and community wanted an explanation by the police and they kept them waiting too long. No one is sure how that changed into a riot and looting but possibly more and more people came. There is a thread with links in the Europe session.

It has spread because now people are texting each other on their mobile phones and going off to loot their favourite shops.

What seems to be the general consensus is that it would be stupid to give any single explanation for why this has arison. It seems to be many things, gangs which have been allowed to grow on estates, mass unemployment, not able to afford to carry on further education, dramatic (75%) reduction in funding for needed youth services, mistrust of the police, no hope for the future and nothing to lose.

People are just going on the rampage. Burning homes and business and looting all they can.

We have had a growing problem of gangs on estates and I suspect a lot is them on their cell phones organising thinking they are being cool.

and yes, it is mainly African Caribbean neighbourhoods but black people are getting their homes and businesses burnt as well and white people are joining in. It is not a race issue.
But, you said it was because a black man was shot by police, No doubt white cops.....So yes, it is a race issue.

It was the blacks who started rioting in the first place.......So yes, it is a race issue

Tell me, would there have been whites burning down the joint and rioting if a white man had been shot?........Would the blacks have started burning down the joint and rioting if a WHITE man was shot?

Hell friggin' no!

It's time europe wakes up.

It's not a race issue. It's a thug issue. From what I'm seeing, the race of the guy killed by the police was not the issue.... the issue was that the police shot him and didn't tell his family. His family, however, are not involved in the riots and have asked for it to stop. The shooting was an excuse, not a reason. These kids are just fucking thugs. They're calling it 'recreational rioting'.

Recreational rioting? WTF? Who raises these monsters?
It IS a race issue, CG..........Had he been white, there would not be blacks running around and rioting like the cowards they are........They wouldn't have given a damn.

You stay safe CG!

what pisses me off is the lack of action...both here and there....for fear of any action being labeled racist.

You keep trying to make this a race issue when it's not. Very dishonest.

The fact that you are so certain of your claims, only proves how out of touch with reality you are. Nothing cultural or racial going on here. Move on now. Got it. ;) WTFU.

You stay safe CG!

what pisses me off is the lack of action...both here and there....for fear of any action being labeled racist.

You keep trying to make this a race issue when it's not. Very dishonest.

No? .... you would have jumped out of your skin just as far if i had said blacks instead of muslims

Black or blacks...is a descriptive.

sorry but mob...is not quite as accurate as a mob of blacks.

I am not trying to make anything out of this..and its dishonest of you to say to.

So Blaggar...

But, you said it was because a black man was shot by police, No doubt white cops.....So yes, it is a race issue.

It was the blacks who started rioting in the first place.......So yes, it is a race issue
No it is not a race issue. I only said he was black because people were talking about race so it got that in my head.

Look I was working in Brixton in '81 when there were riots. They were race riots. We all knew that. It had a completely different complexion. This is not the same thing at all.

Tell me, would there have been whites burning down the joint and rioting if a white man had been shot?........Would the blacks have started burning down the joint and rioting if a WHITE man was shot?

As California Girl has already told you, the rioting and looting is not caused by the man's family and the rioting and looting and burning includes white people living in the neighbourhoods. This is young people. One person described them as kids.

White people are involved so your stupid race supremacy argument is worth nothing.

Hell friggin' no!

Norway woke us up to dangerous white right wingers.

The fact that you are so certain of your claims, only proves how out of touch with reality you are. Nothing cultural or racial going on here. Move on now. Got it. ;) WTFU.

She was accusing Muslims of being involved somehow even before she knew what was going on. This much is true. All I see going on in this thread is some people who care less about what's going on in the UK and rather people who just want to blame Blacks and Muslims. Very sad to say the least.

So Blaggar...

Wrong.

As much as a lot of people would rather bury their heads in the sand, this is indeed a racial issue. A white police officer shot and killed a black man. His family converged upon the local police station demanding answers. A female member of the family instigated violence (I think she chucked half a brick at the police representative and she was duly restrained, though I could be wrong). A large group of blacks then went on the rampage, but in their heady path of destruction they got distracted by all the goodies left unguarded. Large groups of blacks and muslim hangers-on form the core of the rioters. Granted, there are some white aggitators, but nowhere near the number minorities.

I don't think the same reaction would've been provoked had it been a black marksman that had pulled the trigger on Duggan. The black communities in London have a history of manipulating the tentative issue of racial sensitivity in their favour. I wonder why it is that all the hotspots are where there are large, international sportwear chains? I'll give you a clue: it's not a coincidence.

It is clearly beyond being a Racial issue. The people directly involved are Predators. Their involvement should be documented as best as possible, they should be identified, tracked down later, and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Hell friggin' no!

It's not a race issue. It's a thug issue. From what I'm seeing, the race of the guy killed by the police was not the issue.... the issue was that the police shot him and didn't tell his family. His family, however, are not involved in the riots and have asked for it to stop. The shooting was an excuse, not a reason. These kids are just fucking thugs. They're calling it 'recreational rioting'.

Recreational rioting? WTF? Who raises these monsters?
It IS a race issue, CG..........Had he been white, there would not be blacks running around and rioting like the cowards they are........They wouldn't have given a damn.

I am sitting and watching the riots right now, as I type. There are blacks running around and rioting.... and there are a significant number of whites rioting right along side them. If this is a race riot, please explain why we have blacks and whites rioting together - not fighting each other... they are attacking all kinds of shit but not each other.

An article in the International Business Times explores how the riots came about, and ponders whether race played a role — Duggan was black, and police had sought his arrest as part of an inquiry into gun violence in London's black community.

"Moreover Tottenham has high unemployment rates and a history of racial tensions," the article states, "especially among the Afro-Caribbean population resenting police behavior, including the use of stop and search powers."

Other reports have suggested that Scotland Yard's invocation of "special powers" — trying to control the riot in its early stages by giving officers more freedom to stop passersby and search them — was seen by some as a form of racial profiling.

On Monday, Metropolitan Police deputy assistant commissioner Stephen Kavanagh apologized to Duggan's family, most especially for not being in contact with the family after his death. The police, Kavanagh told the BBC, "could have managed that family's needs more effectively."

And as the Times Leader reports, some Tottenham residents say the riots have little to do with Duggan's death:

"It's nothing to do with the man who was shot, is it?" said 37-year-old Marcia Simmons, who has lived in the diverse and gritty north London neighborhood all her life.

"A lot of youths ... heard there was a protest and joined in. Others used it as an opportunity to kit themselves out, didn't they, with shoes and T-shirts and everything."

London Endures A Third Night Of Riots, Violence; Cameron Cuts Vacation Short : The Two-Way : NPR

No it is not a race issue. I only said he was black because people were talking about race so it got that in my head.

Look I was working in Brixton in '81 when there were riots. They were race riots. We all knew that. It had a completely different complexion. This is not the same thing at all.

As California Girl has already told you, the rioting and looting is not caused by the man's family and the rioting and looting and burning includes white people living in the neighbourhoods. This is young people. One person described them as kids.

White people are involved so your stupid race supremacy argument is worth nothing.

Hell friggin' no!

I'll take it from someone over there who is watching it unfold from his/her balconey, and clearly stating it's a race issue, and that it was a family member who started the violence.

I'll take it from the BBC newscasts i've seen that are clearly stating it's race related.

I'll take it from personal knowledge of living in Southern California where the mother fuckers have been burning and looting for over fifty fuckin' years..........Trust me, I know a race issue when I see one........There is no candy coating that pig, no matter how hard you try.

Last edited:

Hell friggin' no!

Oh for fuck's sake. These are fucking stupid kids - not right wingers. These kids probably couldn't even tell you who their Prime Minister is. Let's not bullshit about this. It's thugs. Not race. Not left wing. Not right wing. Just a bunch of mindless thugs.

Hell friggin' no!

I'll take it from someone over there who is watching it unfold from his/her balconey, and clearly stating it's a race issue, and that it was a family member who started the violence.

I'll take it from the BBBC newscasts i've seen that are clearly stating it's race related.

I'll take it from personal knowledge of living in Southern California where the motherfuckers have been burning and looting for over fifty fuckin' years..........Trust me, I know a race issue when I see one........There is no candy coating that pig, no matter how hard you try.

We aren't that far off from this sort of behavior starting here...
Don't think for one minute it won't...................
When the checks stop, the rioting will start in the Urban area's.
Don't doubt me, be ready.......

Blues

She was accusing Muslims of being involved somehow even before she knew what was going on. This much is true. All I see going on in this thread is some people who care less about what's going on in the UK and rather people who just want to blame Blacks and Muslims. Very sad to say the least.

I ASKED if it was the muslims i did not accuse anyone.... stop lying.

So is this some muslim thing?

As i said... a link in the OP would have been helpful...

some us do have real lives and or are multi tasking.....and don't sit on the computer 24/7

SO SORRY i am not moving fast enough for you.

Seriously? The OP is giving his own personal experience of what's going on. Like I said before, BBC and The Guardian have plenty of great coverage on this.

You complain about the following:

some us do have real lives and or are multi tasking.....and don't sit on the computer 24/7

When it takes two seconds to go to the BBC website or Guardian website and read the front page. In fact, in the amount of time it took you to read my post and respond, you could have read up about all this already.

Here's one link for you:

BBC News - London riots

Learn up about what's happening instead of just simply taking random shots at Muslims and such.

For Christ sake! The OP mentioned "ethnic minorities". She simply asked for clarification. She accused no one. Had she asked, as seems to be the case, if it was blacks rioting, you still would have called her a racist. Get over it! You don't turn her on and she won't sleep with you, no matter how often you engage in your stupid fore play.

It sounds like a combination of poverty and the police having special powers, to me.

It sounds like ever other riot of late

An excuse along with cover to loot and burn the place down.

Forum List

Back