LOL - McCain's got a preacher problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadCanDance

May 29, 2007
Good work on making preachers an issue for the campaign! Reverend Hagee's comments finally surfaced, about he thought Hitler was doing "God's Work" in oppressing the jews. McCain had to finally ditch the good reverend. Probably doing significant harm to his ties and support with the religious rightwing.

McCain's "spiritual advisor" Ted Parsley, is surfacing in the news. He thinks America's mission is to destroy islam, and want a holy war. What a nut bag.

Good work on making preachers an issue for the campaign! Reverend Hagee's comments finally surfaced, about he thought Hitler was doing "God's Work" in oppressing the jews. McCain had to finally ditch the good reverend. Probably doing significant harm to his ties and support with the religious rightwing.

McCain's "spiritual advisor" Ted Parsley, is surfacing in the news. He thinks America's mission is to destroy islam, and want a holy war. What a nut bag.

Hmm....endorser vs. pastor and inspiration for over 20 years do you understand the difference??

So? What's your point? Your lame attempt to spin this is just that -- lame. Hagee controls a powerful bloc of voters, McCain wanted those votes. Hagee says something beyond stupid and McCain says fuck this.

Sound like integrity to me. Unlike his counterpart who did it to his personal pastor of 20 years for political experdience.

But don't feel too bad. That sock puppet Alan Colmes agrees with you.:rolleyes:

WEll lets explain it.

Obama went to his pastor's church for 20 years. You dont keep going if you disagree with the pastor, and your pastor doesnt just preach on topics once.

Hagee is not McCain's pastor. I'm sure they have met and he may have sat through a service or two, but no where near the entrenchment of Obama and the Trinity church.

Lets not make this about McCain, because it isnt. This is the Obama-friendly media trying to smear McCain because everyone else got Obama good. It wont work. americans are not so stupid as to believe this garbage.

Lets move on. McCain will have no problem in this situation,.

Except the BLT preaching was a minor part of Wright's overall career, whereas Hagee built his empire on significant amounts of anti-semitism and hatred.

Also, McCain spent more than a year courting Hagee, an effort that began long after Hagee's hatred of jews and Catholics was public knowledge.

Except the BLT preaching was a minor part of Wright's overall career, whereas Hagee built his empire on significant amounts of anti-semitism and hatred.

Also, McCain spent more than a year courting Hagee, an effort that began long after Hagee's hatred of jews and Catholics was public knowledge.

A minor part of his teachings.....:eusa_whistle:

Cone is the mentor of Obama's mentor, Wright. Wright adopted Cone's "black liberation theology" as his church's core doctrine. According to Cone, the reverend "is really the one who took it from my books and brought it to the church."
Cone's books are required reading at Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ, where Obama has worshiped for the past 20 years. Trinity instituted the theology and its attendant "black value system" a full decade before Obama formally pledged membership in 1991.

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=295831088444972

MCcain being endorsed by a Hagee doesn't in fact mean that he subscribed to everything Hagee has said in the past.

MCcain being endorsed by a Hagee doesn't in fact mean that he subscribed to everything Hagee has said in the past.

That's true. And Obama's church attendance doesn't mean he subscribed to everything Wright has said in the past. If you people would leave the Wright matter alone, I'd leave Hagee alone. Both are character assassination, but if you persist in opening that door, I'm going to respond in kind.

Unless McCain tries another snide claim that Hamas backs Obama. McCain sought Hagee's support; Obama never sought Hamas support.

That's true. And Obama's church attendance doesn't mean he subscribed to everything Wright has said in the past. If you people would leave the Wright matter alone, I'd leave Hagee alone. Both are character assassination, but if you persist in opening that door, I'm going to respond in kind.

Unless McCain tries another snide claim that Hamas backs Obama. McCain sought Hagee's support; Obama never sought Hamas support.

Fucking retard. Context is your friend. 20 YEARS as a CLOSE personal friend, almost member of the family, spiritual advisor, the man that supposedly turned him on to Christianity, 20 YEARS. Yup same as a politically expediant endorsement for an election.

I hope you do not make these factual lapses in Court, your opponents will tear you to pieces. Well unless your just used to plea bargains with Court appointed Losers, err Lawyers.

He subscribed to the theology by attending the church for 20 years, when he knew that BLT was taught at the church. It's asinine and irrational to think he never heard any racist or anti-American rants from Rev. Wright. You can deflect all day long by bringing up a political endorser that's fine with me it just shows how deseperate you are to avoid the truth.

yada, yada, yada, yada, . . .

You know, some people attend church and don't even subscribe to the basic teaching that Jesus rose from the dead.

I realize a slavish right-wing follower can't understand how independent thought works, as it is foreign to your own experience, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

You know, some people attend church and don't even subscribe to the basic teaching that Jesus rose from the dead.

I realize a slavish right-wing follower can't understand how independent thought works, as it is foreign to your own experience, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

I hardly think that, Jesus rising from the dead is as inflammatory as, "God Damn Amercia" or "America's chickens are coming home to roost"(referring to 9-11).:rofl:

I find it humorous that a leftist moon bat would call me a slavish right-winger.

I hardly think that, Jesus rising from the dead is as inflammatory as, "God Damn Amercia" or "America's chickens are coming home to roost"(referring to 9-11).:rofl:

It is the organizing principle for the entire Christian faith. If people can attend Church and reject that part of Christianity, they can certainly attend Church and reject more inflammatory teachings of an individual pastor, especially when there is more to that pastor than the worst of his statements.

It is the organizing principle for the entire Christian faith. If people can attend Church and reject that part of Christianity, they can certainly attend Church and reject more inflammatory teachings of an individual pastor, especially when there is more to that pastor than the worst of his statements.

Whether or not someone holds all the values of a church is irrelevant. I never said they couldn't attend, I just don't think they should be our President.

Whether or not someone holds all the values of a church is irrelevant. I never said they couldn't attend, I just don't think they should be our President.

You said, "He subscribed to the theology by attending the church for 20 years, when he knew that BLT was taught at the church." I have destroyed that simplistic theory of yours.

And you have replaced it with one even more simplistic: a slavish adherent to a preacher's teachings is more qualified to be President than someone who can think for himself or herself.

Hmm....endorser vs. pastor and inspiration for over 20 years do you understand the difference??

Yeah, they're both retarded, but, one's a personal relationship that has nothing to do with my life. The other is a political relationship of choice and implies a coziness with the radical religious right that this country needs to get away from. Not to mention the fact that the whole Hitler was doing G-d's work thing is just wacko nutso out there...

you do understand the difference, right?

Yeah, they're both retarded, but, one's a personal relationship that has nothing to do with my life. The other is a political relationship of choice and implies a coziness with the radical religious right that this country needs to get away from. Not to mention the fact that the whole Hitler was doing G-d's work thing is just wacko nutso out there...

you do understand the difference, right?

Do you? This thread wouldn't exist if McCain hadn't rejected Hagee's endorsement. Right? The only implication of coziness is the one you dreamed up.

Your first sentence is nonsense. Obama is a candidate for the US Presidency. Of course his personal religious views have something to do with your, and everyone else's lives, and THAT is a coziness that exists.

You can brush off a political endorsement because you don't agree with the beliefs of the organization doing the endorsing. You can't brush off your personal pastor of 20+ years and expect anyone capable of rational thought to buy it.

Again, the comparison doesn't exist without having to invent it.

Sound like integrity to me. Unlike his counterpart who did it to his personal pastor of 20 years for political experdience.

Total crap and you know it. He did it because of political expedience just like you are accusing Obama of doing. Hagee an and what's his name have become an albatross around his neck. He would gain less by keeping their endorsements than by renouncing them. That's why he did it now since it was revealed that Hagee said that Hitler was god's agent in getting the jews to settle Israel and the other one hates all Muslims as haters of Jesus Christ.

Right, he is full of integrity on this one.:eusa_whistle: :rolleyes: :eusa_wall:

Baloney. Obama was hounded to reject and denounce Farakhan, even though he never sought Farakhan's blessing, nor set foot in farakhan's mosque.

McCain actively pursued Hagee's endorsment, and clung to his endorsement for months. And the McCain people were full aware all along of Hagee's sympathetic quotes about the Nazis. It's a matter of public record, and he wrote about it in his books. Its only when lefty blogs pushed it into the mainstream media that McCain felt he had to bail.

Courage and integrity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back