Logitech Trackball

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
I had used a Logitech Trackman trackball for several years. Several months ago when it began to show symptoms of aging I went looking on-line for a good source of replacement and found that Logitech no longer produced the Trackman. I noticed they had replaced it with a wireless version, which is essentially the same thing minus the connecting cable. But the reviews I read were somewhat negative and several of the reviewers added appeals for Logitech to restore the wired Trackman.

Last week my aging Trackman's symptoms (unresponsive) made it necessary to find a replacement. So, because I am so accustomed to this device I decided to take a chance with the wireless version (Model M-570) and ordered one from Amazon. ($50 with free shipping.)

The M-570 trackball arrived very promptly and far exceeded my expectations in every way! I don't know what prompted those negative reviews but this wireless trackball is every bit as efficient as its wired predecessor -- with the added convenience of an additional (up & down) pair of control buttons. It comes with the trackball unit (Duracell battery included) and a tiny receiver. The device is very nicely packaged and is very well made.

I plugged the receiver into a vacant USB port on my laptop, switched the trackball unit on, and it installed itself in about five seconds and performs exactly like the wired version. So today I ordered another one for my desktop.

Bottom line: I am 100% satisfied with the Logitech M-570 trackball. Pay no attention to any negative reviews.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back