Local veteran ...

AmyNation

Road Warrior
Aug 6, 2012
Currently stationed at the kitchen table
...Was so upset by the Obama win he's flying his American flag upside down. Big flag, big outrage by the neighbors. People are so upset ,he made the local news.

My opinion, he's entitled to fly it upside down, but I'm disappointed that a retired vet would be so disrespectful.

Flying a flag upside down is a sign of distress, evidently he felt distressed. It's what you call free speach.

§ 176. Respect for flag: No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

apparently, hes in distress....;)

if the guy want's to advertise that he's a childish asshole he's found a pretty good way of doing it.

if he has a neighborhood association he might want to watch out, otherwise i'd say he's free to be the jerk that he is

Where were you lefties when the OWS folks were shitting on the flag, you need to get over your slimey selves.

Can you imagine the outrage by the right-wing loons if a leftie had done this??

Or this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HINhfkQAz1g&feature=youtube_gdata_player]George W Bush burns in effigy (Washington DC) - YouTube[/ame]

Ooorrrrrr

hangsarah.jpg

Years ago, I got a call from a student at the local university (U of I) wondering if I had a sample of crude oil for her to use in a class project.

That night I saw her pouring it on the grounded American Flag as part of a campus protest.

Forum List

Back