Live Free or?

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
It’s a sad day when even N.H. goes wobbly - BostonHerald.com

Last Friday marked the 200th anniversary of the letter from Gen. John Stark to his fellow soldiers of the American Revolution, a letter that gave New Hampshire its motto.

Unable to attend a reunion of his fellow soldiers, Stark sent this message: “Live free or die! Death is not the worst of evil.”

Two centuries ago, this was a call to honor. Today, it’s borderline hate speech.

Just ask the Governor’s Task Force for the Recruitment and Retention of a Young Workforce for the State of New Hampshire. Their report says the motto “doesn’t connect with this demographic.” It includes citizen complaints that the motto sends “an unfriendly message that every individual has to succeed on their own, rather than count on a support system for assistance (Live Free or Die is not a friendly, supporting message that appeals to young people).”

This is another indication of where we as a country are headed.

IMO Live free or die is and always has been the best state motto in the country.

But today it seems that it's just not nice enough. in this day of hope and change we cannot have a motto that promotes freedom at all costs. that's just too aggressive.

So what should our motto for the new New Hampshire, and the country for that matter be?

In light of the unprecedented push to have someone else pay our way and to blame everyone else under the sun for the consequences of our own actions, i think the new Motto should be

Live for Free or Cry

yeah that about sums it up.

It IS a sign of the times...

But the clues have been innumerable from the banning of Easops fables, because of all the Hate they spread... (and those "MORALS"... what story teller has a right to push their morals down the throat of young children who aren't even old enough to understand the issues?) to the normalization of sexual abnormality... the culture has long since been on a decadent decline where every aspect of rugged individualism is being oppossed by the feminized collectivists.

Great OP... it truly bespeaks the nature of the audacious hope for change.

Live FREE! or not... in the minds of these twits, there is no alternative... because they've never known any difference... thus where freedom is concerned, they're indifferent.

Last edited:
NH was one of the very first states to be destroyed by outsourcing.

They have no jobs but tourist crap, and no public transportation.

The state university is a disgrace.

The OLD MAN of the MOUNTAINS was so embarassed his whole face dropped off.

NH was one of the very first states to be destroyed by outsourcing.

They have no jobs but tourist crap, and no public transportation.

The state university is a disgrace.

The OLD MAN of the MOUNTAINS was so embarassed his whole face dropped off.

the only thing you got right was the old man in the mountain. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

New Hampshire Public Transportation - NewHampshire.com

http://www.nh.gov/nhes/elmi/pdfzip/econstat/projections/proj06-16/Projections2006-2016.pdf

University of New Hampshire - Best Colleges - Education - US News and World Report

I thought New Hamspires motto was:

LIVE CHEAP OR DIE

That always struck me as a damned fine motto, too. But...

Live free or die?

Sounds like bad advise to me.

Live FREE or KILL the PEOPLE who enslave you.

Now that makes some kind of sense.​

People I know who live in NH, and who don't like how things are run there, say, "Live free and die".

Bill o'reilly is a sly one!! He doesen't want the controversy!!! Needs that big old paycheck!!! He gives hussein lots of great jabs!!! Read between the lines!!! He knows barry is a non citizen muslim!!!!

Forum List

Back