Live and let live.

That would be nice.

Ain't gonna happen.

Too many narcissists running around.

Not as long as long as we delude ourselves that bullying others is "ok" as long as it's the majority doing the bullying.

Feuds and vendettas are powerful political weapons, and fairly simple to use for the dedicated sociopath. It is so easy to get people to fight each other that I am surprised we have not extincted each other long ago. It makes the times people actually have made a lasting peace that much more remarkable.

Feuds and vendettas are powerful political weapons, and fairly simple to use for the dedicated sociopath. It is so easy to get people to fight each other that I am surprised we have not extincted each other long ago. It makes the times people actually have made a lasting peace that much more remarkable.

Indeed. The periods when people have committed to mutual respect and consent have been all too rare. But it can happen again.

Live and let live: It is simply a principle that some people or society live by and some don't.

Those who don't believe in this principle say that it inhibits their ability to profit from others. Naturally these group of people have no problem demolishing others to advance their interests. This is a characteristic of predatory societies and it is shown to have brought wealth and power to these societies.

But there are people and societies who firmly believe in this principle. Their conviction stems from a belief that a stable society is a product of its members who trust each other. You cannot trust each other if you do not believe in live and let live. These kind of societies place emphasis on collective achievement over individual achievement.

I think the latter is a better society.

Forum List

Back