Little Robert Reich Can't Take That He's Wrong

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
Mitt Romney's chosen running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan, is the reverse of Sarah Palin. She was all right-wing flash without much substance. He's all right-wing substance without much flash.
Ryan is not a firebrand. He's not smarmy. He doesn't ooze contempt for opponents or ridicule those who disagree with him. In style and tone, he doesn't even sound like an ideologue - until you listen to what he has to say.

It's here, in Ryan's views and policy judgments, that we find the true ideologue. More than any other politician today, Ryan exemplifies the social Darwinism at the core of today's Republican Party: Reward the rich, penalize the poor, let everyone else fend for themselves.

Dog eat dog.

Read more: Paul Ryan represents political dark age - SFGate

Oh Robert....

The only thing dark are your eyes....a funny shade of brown....kinda like what my dog leaves on the front yard.

You're supposed to be smart. I guess we see the Peter principle at work here.

But Ryan's district voted for Obama the last time. Yet he wins by large margins. I wonder why that is ? Do you think it is because people listen to him instead of sprinting (in your case waddling....I've seen you walk) to your word processors to repeat the same crap that you can find at The Nation or HuffPo ? I'd like that answer Robert. After all, you are supposed to be smart.

Like so many people Reich just can't get past the fact that they are not smart enough to predict and control the economy.

Cutting out these programs does not mean what Reich implies. He's just spinning. He is a liar.

He was a part of the first four years of Clinton which were a disaster. He was pissed at Bill for working with Newt. He left. Good thing.

I know, let's cut taxes on the bloated rich, destroy Medicare and health reform, raise taxes and fees on the nonrich, let corporate cheats run wild, cut aid to states and localities, raise military spending to more than the rest of the world combined, and worry about the debt in 2035. Absolute idiocy, dupes.

I know, let's cut taxes on the bloated rich, destroy Medicare and health reform, raise taxes and fees on the nonrich, let corporate cheats run wild, cut aid to states and localities, raise military spending to more than the rest of the world combined, and worry about the debt in 2035. Absolute idiocy, dupes.

:lmao: making democrats actually pay the bills is destruction.

I will call Kelloggs, one of the fruit loops escaped.

Robert Reich's intellect is fairly well documented (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Reich): summa cum laude, editor Yale Law Review, named one of the WSJ "most influential business thinkers", etc.

If I follow your argument, you're saying that Ryan's plan couldn't be as Reich portrays it because his district wouldn't elect him if it was. I don't find that argument persuasive. Reich's article is filled with partisan invective, but I don't find any factual inaccuracies.

Robert Reich's intellect is fairly well documented (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Reich): summa cum laude, editor Yale Law Review, named one of the WSJ "most influential business thinkers", etc.

If I follow your argument, you're saying that Ryan's plan couldn't be as Reich portrays it because his district wouldn't elect him if it was. I don't find that argument persuasive. Reich's article is filled with partisan invective, but I don't find any factual inaccuracies.

It's not about factual inaccuracies.

It's about his conclusion.

Dark Ages ? What are we in now ?

Jimmy Carter was smart. And useless. Reich was a mess in Clinton's administration. Book smart does not generally get the job done.

So, Reich is wrong because his eyes are Brown and Ryan wins his hick district his family owns? Very clever, dupes...
j

Hick district ?

That voted for Obama in 2008.

Are you really that arrogant and stupid ?

Last edited:
Ryan is a phoney. He's a career dishonest politician.

He voted for 3 stimulus packages, at least, and begged for money for his district from a fourth,

and then decided stimulus doesn't work, and his fans call him a genius.

He voted for a massive expansion of Medicare, unfunded, and then decided Medicare had to be ended because it's too expensive, and his fans call him a genius on Medicare.

He proposed a tax plan that would have cut Romney's taxes to 1%, and you couldn't get a single conservative on this forum to say that was a bad idea. Ryan has no clue whatsoever about what responsible tax policy is, and yet his fans call him a genius on tax policy.

Ryan is a conservative propaganda machine invention, their latest 'smartest guy in the room', in a long line that included the likes of crazy Newt Gingrich.

And let's not forget, the conservative propaganda machine invented Sarah Palin, as the quintessential conservative, when she had been a Republican moderate in Alaska.

This is all rubbish.

Ryan is a phoney. He's a career dishonest politician.

He voted for 3 stimulus packages, at least, and begged for money for his district from a fourth,

and then decided stimulus doesn't work, and his fans call him a genius.

He voted for a massive expansion of Medicare, unfunded, and then decided Medicare had to be ended because it's too expensive, and his fans call him a genius on Medicare.

He proposed a tax plan that would have cut Romney's taxes to 1%, and you couldn't get a single conservative on this forum to say that was a bad idea. Ryan has no clue whatsoever about what responsible tax policy is, and yet his fans call him a genius on tax policy.

Ryan is a conservative propaganda machine invention, their latest 'smartest guy in the room', in a long line that included the likes of crazy Newt Gingrich.

And let's not forget, the conservative propaganda machine invented Sarah Palin, as the quintessential conservative, when she had been a Republican moderate in Alaska.

This is all rubbish.

The whole point is that with his selection, we now get to talk about the economy. Not taxes and telepropmters.

Sounds like you are truly worried. You should be.

It might mean a voucher for you in the future.

Ryan's budget also would reduce food stamps for poor families by 17 percent ($135 billion) over the decade, leading to a significant increase in hunger - particularly among children. It also would reduce housing assistance, job training and Pell Grants for college tuition.

Read more: Paul Ryan represents political dark age - SFGate

All of which will help bring prices down.

You want to dish out money...give tax breaks. No more taking it from one and giving it to another.

Sorry Robert, but your midget ass is all wrong again.

Forum List

Back