List your top 10 Favourite video games of all time and comment on the list above yers

Dude111

VIP Member
Jun 6, 2011
Here are my 10

1) MS. Pacman - Arcade
2) Frogger - Arcade,Atari 2600
3) Berzerk - Atari 2600
4) Donkey Kong - Colecovision,Arcade
5) Dig Dug - Arcade,Colecovision
6) Venture - Atari 2600,Arcade
7) Ladybug Pacman - Arcade
8) Galaga - Arcade
9) Worm War I - Atari 2600
10) Space Invaders - Atari 2600

1. Mario (all)=Nintendo/Super Nintendo
2. Sonic Hedgehog=Sega
3. Castlevania=Nintendo
4. Metroid=Nintendo
5. Metroid=Super Nintendo
6. Castlevania Symphony of the Night=playstation
7. Donkey Kong Country (all)=Super Nintendo
8. Castlevania Lament of Innocence=Playstation 2
9. Castlevania Curse Of Darkness=Playstation 2

played a lot of pacman back in the day

my favorite today is Rayman
[ame=http://youtu.be/tk53_p7RJlI]Rayman All games - YouTube[/ame]

1. Pac Man
2. Donkey Kong
3. Galaga
4. Armor Attack
5. Missile Command
6. Centipede
7. Arkanoid
8. Burger Time
9. Phoneix [sic]
10. Asteroids

Okay, first because we're supposed to comment on the list above ours:

1. Pac-Man. A cheesy liberal game about a some big-mouthed government bureaucrat's eating up everything in sight.

2. Donkey Kong. A cheesy, romantically liberal game about a giant, butt-ugly ape who dodges projectiles to get the hottest girl in the game. Bullcrap.

3. Galaga. A cheesy liberal game about a bunch of invading illegal immigrants perched on the earth's stratospheric borders poised to reap the benefits to which only earthlings are truly entitled.

4. Armor Attack. Don't know it. Sounds liberal, though.

5. Missile Command. A cheesy liberal game designed to strip the US of its economic and political will to fight the Evil Empire of the USSR.

6. Centipede. A cheesy liberal game about a giant invasive arthropod which somehow can defeat every imaginable form of US weaponry to destroy the last, best hope of mankind from the inside out.

7. Arkanoid. Don't know it. Sounds liberal, though.

8. Burger Time. A cheesy liberal game designed to make Americans lose the economic, political and social will to enjoy the fundamentally American pastime of eating hamburgers because the lowlife making them in the game isn't equitably paying his help.

9. Phoenix. A cheesy liberal game designed to stigmatize the Masonic symbolism of the American Founding Fathers by making the bird in question seem more superlative than its lore truly is.

10. Asteroids. A cheesy liberal game about a bunch of invading illegal rocks perched on the earth's stratospheric borders poised to reap the benefits to which only earthlings are truly entitled. :D :D :D

My list would go a li'l sumin' sumin' like:

1.) Joust;
2.) Doom;
3.) Tomb Raider;
4.) Duke Nuke 'Em;
5.) Powerslave;
6.) Treasures of the Deep;
7.) Frogger;
8.) Mach 3;
9.) Wolfenstein 3-D;
10.) Turbo.

1. Pac Man
2. Donkey Kong
3. Galaga
4. Armor Attack
5. Missile Command
6. Centipede
7. Arkanoid
8. Burger Time
9. Phoneix [sic]
10. Asteroids

1. Pac-Man. A cheesy liberal game about a some big-mouthed government bureaucrat's eating up everything in sight.

2. Donkey Kong. A cheesy, romantically liberal game about a giant, butt-ugly ape who dodges projectiles to get the hottest girl in the game. Bullcrap.

3. Galaga. A cheesy liberal game about a bunch of invading illegal immigrants perched on the earth's stratospheric borders poised to reap the benefits to which only earthlings are truly entitled.

5. Missile Command. A cheesy liberal game designed to strip the US of its economic and political will to fight the Evil Empire of the USSR.

6. Centipede. A cheesy liberal game about a giant invasive arthropod which somehow can defeat every imaginable form of US weaponry to destroy the last, best hope of mankind from the inside out.

8. Burger Time. A cheesy liberal game designed to make Americans lose the economic, political and social will to enjoy the fundamentally American pastime of eating hamburgers because the lowlife making them in the game isn't equitably paying his help.

9. Phoenix. A cheesy liberal game designed to stigmatize the Masonic symbolism of the American Founding Fathers by making the bird in question seem more superlative than its lore truly is.

10. Asteroids. A cheesy liberal game about a bunch of invading illegal rocks perched on the earth's stratospheric borders poised to reap the benefits to which only earthlings are truly entitled. :D :D :D

1.) Joust;
2.) Doom;
3.) Tomb Raider;
4.) Duke Nuke 'Em;
5.) Powerslave;
7.) Frogger;
8.) Mach 3;
9.) Wolfenstein 3-D;
10.) Turbo.

I hated Pacman, and don't know anything about the rest in the list. Now, I did like Wolfenstein 3D, especially its cheezy music. Loved Doom, Duke Nukem 3D and what a hoot Frogger was. I spent a lot of quarters just to see my frog get run over. Don't know anything about the rest. Tried Tomb Raider demo but didn't like 3rd person shooters back then. I have since grown to like them. I guess I will try the Tomb Raider series. Looks very similar to Assassins Creed in her movements.

1. Pac Man
2. Donkey Kong
3. Galaga
4. Armor Attack
5. Missile Command
6. Centipede
7. Arkanoid
8. Burger Time
9. Phoneix [sic]
10. Asteroids

1.) Joust;
2.) Doom;
3.) Tomb Raider;
4.) Duke Nuke 'Em;
5.) Powerslave;
7.) Frogger;
8.) Mach 3;
9.) Wolfenstein 3-D;
10.) Turbo.

I hated Pacman, and don't know anything about the rest in the list. Now, I did like Wolfenstein 3D, especially its cheezy music. Loved Doom, Duke Nukem 3D and what a hoot Frogger was. I spent a lot of quarters just to see my frog get run over. Don't know anything about the rest. Tried Tomb Raider demo but didn't like 3rd person shooters back then. I have since grown to like them. I guess I will try the Tomb Raider series. Looks very similar to Assassins Creed in her movements.

Most people sadly for whatever the reasons have never heard of either Powerslave or Treasures of the Deep.

And if you liked Wolfenstein, Doom and Duke Nuke 'Em, then I can guarantee you that you will LOVE Powerslave and Treasures of the Deep. Both of them are also first-person 3D games.

Powerslave is set in ancient Egypt, and you must try to find these seven or eight artifacts so that you can acquire new powers per the Egyptian gods. It had some of the most AMAZING GRAPHICS EVER, something particularly noteworthy given that it was made in like 1996 for the first Playstation and, if I'm not mistaken, the Playstation ONLY.

Treasures of the Deep is a first person 3D game set under the sea. You are looking for archaelogical treasures and gold, and in one level, even a wrecked jumbo jet. The more treasure you acquire, the more upgrades you can make to your equipment — i.e. faster submarine vessels, subs that hold more cargo and all kind of apparati like rare SCUBA equipment that will allow you to dive into oceanic trenches. Man, that game was just so frick'n unreal, I still have trouble believing that it appeared in 1997 for the first Playstation and the first Playstation ONLY.

Another rare first person 3D game for the first Playstation that most folks haven't heard of was Disruptor. It's basically the predecessor to Duke Nuke 'Em, without the superjock mentality of the Duke's narrating the game, and it, too, came out in the mid-90s for the first Playstation. Very rare. I have a copy of it in a safe.

Check out those three games, holmes. See if you can find them from someone on Amazon. Trust me, it will definitely be worth your while, if you love old-school first person 3D games. :thup:

(I wish Sony would approve the idea for a new game I have called Shart Attack. Prolly won't ever happen, though. :D)

Last edited:
Here are my 10

1) MS. Pacman - Arcade
2) Frogger - Arcade,Atari 2600
3) Berzerk - Atari 2600
4) Donkey Kong - Colecovision,Arcade
5) Dig Dug - Arcade,Colecovision
6) Venture - Atari 2600,Arcade
7) Ladybug Pacman - Arcade
8) Galaga - Arcade
9) Worm War I - Atari 2600
10) Space Invaders - Atari 2600

Pong
PacMan/Ms Pacman
Galaga
Wolfenstein/Spear of Destiny
Prince of Persia
Quake
Half-Life
Halo
CounterStrike + Source
BF4

No frick'n DOUBT, bro.

Dunno how the heck I forgot to list Quake in my top 10.

That is without a doubt to me one of the most amazing games ever created: its graphics, its characters, its story line — EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.

I wasn't really crazy about its sequels: thought Quake II had some good monsters, but its entirely new story line just couldn't compete with the original; and Quake III — nah. Just. Nah. No. Good.

Thanks for remindin' us about it, Rope.

I hafta alter my top 10 now, and put Quake in the mix. I guess I'll kick Turbo out, and make Quake my number 10.

But Turbo and Pole Position are my numbers 11 and 12, to be sure. I think those two led the revolution in first- and third person auto racing games.

Have you ever played Powerslave and/ or Treasures of the Deep and/ or Disruptor, Ropester?

No frick'n DOUBT, bro.

That is without a doubt to me one of the most amazing games ever created: its graphics, its characters, its story line — EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.

I wasn't really crazy about its sequels: thought Quake II had some good monsters, but its entirely new story line just couldn't compete with the original; and Quake III — nah. Just. Nah. No. Good.

I hafta alter my top 10 now, and put Quake in the mix. I guess I'll kick Turbo out, and make Quake my number 10.

But Turbo and Pole Position are my numbers 11 and 12, to be sure. I think those two led the revolution in first- and third person auto racing games.

Have you ever played Powerslave and/ or Treasures of the Deep and/ or Disruptor, Ropester?

I can't say as I have.

I do remember buying a Diamond S3 "Virge" (we called it the 3d Decellerator) :D video card and a Diamond Monster 3D separate card to be able to play quake in glory though. :D

Then Nvidia came out with the Riva and it was go - go - go. :)

No frick'n DOUBT, bro.

If I remember correctly, it seems like that Quake 2, or maybe 3 was an arena multiplayer type game that I hated, but at the time it would really exercise your graphics card. It was the test to see whether your graphics card was any good. Now, I liked Quake 4. That was an awesome game, but toward the end, you had to cheat just to get through it. There was one boss level after another to get through the rooms so I just beefed back up on armor, health and ammo so I could get through it. That was the only drawback, though.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & LOZ: Majora's Mask- N64
2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic- Xbox
3. Shadow Hearts II: Covenant- PS2
4. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night- Playstation
5. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles- Sega Genesis
6. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion- 360
7. Fallout: New Vegas- 360
8. Ninja Gaiden Black- Xbox
9. Mass Effect- 360
10. Dragon's Dogma- 360

Honorable Mention

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim- 360
Metroid Prime 1 & 2- GameCube
Halo 2 & Halo Reach- Xbox/ 360
Pokemon Red Version- Gameboy
Catherine- 360

The most epic list above mine is Gracie's

Last edited:
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & LOZ: Majora's Mask- N64
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic- Xbox
Shadow Hearts II: Covenant- PS2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles- Sega Genesis
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night- Playstation
Elder Scrolls V: Oblivion- 360
Fallout: New Vegas- 360
Ninja Gaiden Black- Xbox
Mass Effect- 360
Dragon's Dogma- 360

Honorable Mention

Metroid Prime 1&2- Xbox
Halo 2- Xbox
Catherine- 360

The most epic list above me is Gracie's

I'm with you on much of your list except Oblivion is Elder Scrolls IV not V, and although it is a great game (Sean Bean dies in it like everything else he's in) when you have to close the Oblivion gates outside of every city it really drags on...

1. Fallout 3
2. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
3. Mass Effect 2
4. Fallout New Vegas
5. Mario Bros. 3
6. Chrono Trigger
7. Halo Series
8. Final Fantasy Series
9. Metroid Series
10. Secret of Mana

Honorable Mention:
The Xeno Series (Xenogears, Xenosaga 1 - 3, Xenoblade Chronicles)
Final Fantasy Series
Fallout 1 & 2

[MENTION=12120]Coloradomtnman[/MENTION]
I also accidentally wrote Metroid Prime 1 & 2 as Xbox instead of GameCube. Oops. Fortunately we possess the ability to edit our posts. You have a lot of epic titles on your list too :)

I also snuck Skyrim back on my Honorable mention. I was a High Elf Vampire Lord Necromage named Venus that kicked sooo much ass but I never reached Alduin cause I had so much fun just exploring the world and doing side quests. I beat Oblivion though.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyhting can honestly be compared to Halo CE.
It was the last Halo game made before Microsoft that Bungie released. Microsoft did not want it. So it became a free download. Holy Cow, here is a Halo complete game that is free! But it is not just a game - it is 100's of games that even after 13 years - is still growing.
Halo CE provided a very sophisticated map builder and the source code for those wo have the skill/time to make professional level maps. There are 1,000's of available custom maps and games.
It is a game that never stops updating, never stops adding new games.
13 years later and the online servers have 1000's of people playing 24 hours a day.

The only Halo game I played was a demo, and I didn't like it. Hence, I never got on the band wagon to play any of the games. I hear that the Halo movie was shelved.

Okay - PONG - it's a classic. You have a very sophisticated taste Avg!

Now mine:

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Civilization (whole series)
3. Mass Effect
4. Fallout: New Vegas
5. Fallout 2
6. Mass Effect 3
7. Heroes of Might and Magic III
8. Betrayal at Krondor
9. Sim City
10. Gold Rush

Forum List