List the 5 Presidents you most admire and the reason

1. Teddy Roosevelt - the most badass of all Presidents. We could use someone with his stones today.

2. James Monroe - the Monroe doctrine should never have been abandoned

3. Thomas Jefferson - founding father, declaration of independence, Louisiana purchase

4. George Washington - for obvious reasons

5. Abe Lincoln - saved the Union

The perfect list imho. Agree completely.

I would include some folks close to these guys.

1. James K. Polk. Greatest one term President in U.S. History. Basically acquired 1/2 the U.S. in 4 years. No bullshit. Tough but fair. Literally worked himself to death.

2. James Madison. Greatest political genius in U.S. History.

3. Harry Truman. Made the tough decisions no one would want to make. Truly accountable.

4. FDR. Tremendous leader.

5. Andrew Jackson. Tough SOB who genuinely stood up for the common man. Hated the big money oligarchs that have always tried to run our Country.

Madison almost lost the country with his war with England and attempts to capture Canada. Far from a great President

Won the second war of Independence against Britain. Primary Architect of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Co-Author of the Federalist Papers. Probably the greatest political mind in U.S. History.

Sorry...you don't know your history and sadly.....you're wrong.

Soldiers are essentially slaves to the government after they sign a contract. ...

NO, they are not.
Yes, they are.

Whew, glad I was a Marine and not a soldier. :p

If the soldier was drafted I might agree, or if you used the term "wage slave" which applies to a good portion of the non-military population as well.
Slave
1: a person held in servitude as the chattel of another
2: one that is completely subservient to a dominating influence
3: a device (as the printer of a computer) that is directly responsive to another
4: drudge, toiler

drudge: to do hard, menial, or monotonous work
toiler: a person who is overworked... a person who toils
toil: a:struggle, battle b: laborious effort

The analogies are united by the notion of keeping a union together by force and violence. ...

Your analogy fails because you are trying to compare unlike things. How many times do you need this explained to you, kid?

So you dispute that in all cases a union is held together by force and violence? ...

I dispute that the personal relationship choices of one man and one woman are in any serious way analogous to a nation of over 30 million people wrestling with the principles of federalism and fundamental human rights. Got it now, kid?

another unrelated strawman... a union of people is a union of people...and keeping any union together by force is wrong...period. Keep trying though, son, we have a pool going concerning how long it will take before your widdle punkin head explodes.

Depends on what is at stake.

If standing by and allowing a terrible injustice to take place or continue to take place, just cuz your principles interfere with your moral judgment, that's wrong as well

uh...I believe your principles and morals are one in the same, but I understand the point you are trying to make. I'm glad you are willing to rebel against your government if they ever attempt to reinstate conscription though.

1. Teddy Roosevelt - the most badass of all Presidents. We could use someone with his stones today.

3. Thomas Jefferson - founding father, declaration of independence, Louisiana purchase

1. James K. Polk. Greatest one term President in U.S. History. Basically acquired 1/2 the U.S. in 4 years. No bullshit. Tough but fair. Literally worked himself to death.

3. Harry Truman. Made the tough decisions no one would want to make. Truly accountable.

5. Andrew Jackson. Tough SOB who genuinely stood up for the common man. Hated the big money oligarchs that have always tried to run our Country.

Madison almost lost the country with his war with England and attempts to capture Canada. Far from a great President

Won the second war of Independence against Britain. Primary Architect of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Co-Author of the Federalist Papers. Probably the greatest political mind in U.S. History.

He worked on the Constitution and Federalist Papers decades before he was President. It was not a Presidential accomplishment

Sorry...you don't know your history and sadly....you're wrong

Slave
3: a device (as the printer of a computer) that is directly responsive to another

Oh crap, I smell a Drudge debate coming

I don't know where you get this notion that I or others were "completely subservient to a dominating influence" because we were in the military though. We signed a contract, we did not give up our free choice. I could choose to disobey, just like I can choose to disobey the law as a civilian...and also must accept responsibility for the consequences of my choices in both situations.

Last edited:
Madisons foray into the War of 1812 was a blunder

He could have settled it diplomatically, he botched the invasion of Canada, He lost Washington DC and saw it burned...nearly lost the country for no reason

As a President, Madison was a bust

He worked on the Constitution and Federalist Papers decades before he was President. It was not a Presidential accomplishment

Also one of the greatest Secretaries of State in U.S. History. And yes...their legacy is their entire vitae.

Like Obama's accomplishment. Community Organizer. :lol:

Madisons foray into the War of 1812 was a blunder

He could have settled it diplomatically, he botched the invasion of Canada, He lost Washington DC and saw it burned...nearly lost the country for no reason

As a President, Madison was a bust

He is consistently rated by Historians in the upper tier of U.S. Presidents and has been for decades. You're entitled to your opinion....but you are still wrong.

Historical rankings of Presidents of the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Slave

I don't know where you get this notion that I or others were "completely subservient to a dominating influence" because we were in the military though. We signed a contract, we did not give up our free choice. I could choose to disobey, just like I can choose to disobey the law as a civilian...and also must accept responsibility for the consequences of my choices in both situations.
And slaves of yore could disobey as well, no? Slavery does not mean mind control. Though I'm aware some elements of training of slaves and soldiers does include... elements of mind control.. no?

Also one of the greatest Secretaries of State in U.S. History. And yes...their legacy is their entire vitae.

Like Obama's accomplishment. Community Organizer. :lol:

Again, working on the Constitution and being Secretary of State are not Presidential accomplishments

Neither are Washington winning the Revolution, Grant winning Vickburg or Ike winning D Day

As president, Madison nearly lost our new found country. Not an accomplished tenure

Slave

Slave

And slaves of yore could disobey as well, no? Slavery does not mean mind control. Though I'm aware some elements of training of slaves and soldiers does include... elements of mind control.. no?

Difference is, in the military we rate due process, just like any other citizen, if we disobey (combat situations excluded of course), while a slave has no right to due process.

Crap, I hate you now for making me blow away my own arguments about the draft being slavery. I'LL GET YOU RED BARON!!!!

;)

I am really torn on Ike. It's like he was one of our greatest heroes and also one of our greatest disappointments.

Ike was a great political general and NOT a tactician. He was smart enough to select aides who had the sense to make good tactical plans. However, because he was a politician, he failed to take advantage of the Allies successes to take over all of Germany, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Latvia, and so on. This resulted in the Cold War that Patton and others warned of.

His major accomplishment was pushing for the Interstate system based upon Hitler's autobahn system.

Like most wars, WWII was ended purely on a political note that Ike not only accepted but furthered.

I am really torn on Ike. It's like he was one of our greatest heroes and also one of our greatest disappointments.

Ike was a great political general and NOT a tactician. He was smart enough to select aides who had the sense to make good tactical plans. However, because he was a politician, he failed to take advantage of the Allies successes to take over all of Germany, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Latvia, and so on. This resulted in the Cold War that Patton and others warned of.

His major accomplishment was pushing for the Interstate system based upon Hitler's autobahn system.

Like most wars, WWII was ended purely on a political note that Ike not only accepted but furthered.

My problem with Ike was that he was in a position to dismantle much of the BS that FDR managed during his reign, but not only didn't, but expanded upon it and made it seem as American as apple pie....much like Obama has expanded and normalized the legacy of his whiter brother Bush.

Slave

Slave

Difference is, in the military we rate due process, just like any other citizen, if we disobey (combat situations excluded of course), while a slave has no right to due process.

Crap, I hate you now for making me blow away my own arguments about the draft being slavery. I'LL GET YOU RED BARON!!!!

;)
You are conflating my use of the term, slave, with your use of the antiquated term slave which is limited by the definition of a man held as property by contract by another man. Merely making the contract a government owned contract does not excuse the same act, no?

As for your' blowing away my argument... heh You don't rate civil due process in the military you rate military justice, which is not the same. Further, as a soldier you give up many rights afforded otherwise free men. Specifically, as a soldier amendments 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7 do not apply to you.

My problem with Ike was that he was in a position to dismantle much of the BS that FDR managed during his reign, but not only didn't, but expanded upon it and made it seem as American as apple pie....much like Obama has expanded and normalized the legacy of his whiter brother Bush.

Unlike todays Republicans, Ike cared about the people

A reason he is a top president

Slave

Slave

;)
You are conflating my use of the term, slave, with your use of the antiquated term slave which is limited by the definition of a man held as property by contract by another man. Merely making the contract a government owned contract does not excuse the same act, no?

As for your' blowing away my argument... heh You don't rate civil due process in the military you rate military justice, which is not the same. Further, as a soldier you give up many rights afforded otherwise free men. Specifically, as a soldier amendments 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7 do not apply to you.

A soldier willingly signs a contract.
He has the right to vote
He has access to the justice system
He is paid for his service

Hardly a slave by any definition

Slave

Slave

;)

He has the right to vote

And many slaves willingly entered such contracts. See indentured servitude. The assumption that all slaves were forced into the agreement is not correct.

The same can be said for government enforced slavery of labor through payroll taxes. You may willingly accept your zero percent personal income tax rate, but that does not mean I willingly accept my 35% personal income tax rate.

Last edited:
Your analogy fails because you are trying to compare unlike things. How many times do you need this explained to you, kid?

So you dispute that in all cases a union is held together by force and violence? ...

I dispute that the personal relationship choices of one man and one woman are in any serious way analogous to a nation of over 30 million people wrestling with the principles of federalism and fundamental human rights. Got it now, kid?

another unrelated strawman... a union of people is a union of people...and keeping any union together by force is wrong...period. Keep trying though, son, we have a pool going concerning how long it will take before your widdle punkin head explodes.

Depends on what is at stake.

If standing by and allowing a terrible injustice to take place or continue to take place, just cuz your principles interfere with your moral judgment, that's wrong as well

uh...I believe your principles and morals are one in the same, but I understand the point you are trying to make. I'm glad you are willing to rebel against your government if they ever attempt to reinstate conscription though.

Principles and morals aren't always the same.

And it's one thing thing to rebel against a government that wants to take your freedom away, but quite another when your government practices selective freedoms for favored groups all to buy votes.

Slave

;)

He has the right to vote

And many slaves willingly entered such contracts. See indentured servitude. The assumption that all slaves were forced into the agreement is not correct.

The same can be said for government enforced slavery of labor through payroll taxes. You may willingly accept your zero percent personal income tax rate, but that does not mean I willingly accept my 35% personal income tax rate.

Endentured servants were not slaves

The 4 million slaves in 1861 never signed a contract. In fact, they were prohibited from being taught to read

Your insistence on comparing taxation to slavery is an embarassment

Forum List

Back