Linux Mint 8 RC1 is Available

BasicGreatGuy

Aut libertas aut mors
Aug 2, 2009
Atlanta
Linux Mint 8 RC1 is now available. The Linux Mint Blog » Blog Archive » Linux Mint 8 “Helena” RC1 released!

I loaded it on my second laptop last night. The installation process was quicker than Ubuntu. The boot time is also faster than Ubuntu. For me, I saw a 15 - 20 second difference. There are a lot of new internal features, as well as some cosmetic ones. If you don't like the color scheme, you can easily change it. I have been putting the OS through its paces, and haven't had any problems. In my opinion, Linux Mint is the way to go. Give it a try. ;)

So, I haven't yet figgered out all the stuff Ubuntu does and they have a new OS already?

damn, Sam! :lol:

Linux Mint has been around for a long time. lol I like it better than Ubuntu. In my opinion, it is more professional.

Linux Mint 8 RC1 is now available. The Linux Mint Blog » Blog Archive » Linux Mint 8 “Helena” RC1 released!

I loaded it on my second laptop last night. The installation process was quicker than Ubuntu. The boot time is also faster than Ubuntu. For me, I saw a 15 - 20 second difference. There are a lot of new internal features, as well as some cosmetic ones. If you don't like the color scheme, you can easily change it. I have been putting the OS through its paces, and haven't had any problems. In my opinion, Linux Mint is the way to go. Give it a try. ;)

This calls for a good old fashioned Southern toast:

mint-julep.jpg

if you have a spare machine with decent hardware you should test out gentoo. you will learn a lot about how linux works

Forum List

Back