Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Limiting the religious rights of the law abiding is acceptable

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both are acceptable

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Neither is acceptable

Votes: 27 81.8%

• Total voters
Nice try, loser, but you don't get to just arbitrarily decide that when the Democrat Party does something that reveals how heinous they truly are, SUDDENLY they're the "political right" and the Republicans who opposed them were the political left. Left and right are NOT defined by "acts Nosmo wants to claim and acts Nosmo wants to deny".

I don't care if you like it or not. George Wallace et al. were the political left of their time. Period.
You know nothing of politics. Even less about Wallace, Maddox, Thurmond and Connor. and incredibly even less about American history. You, madame, are a moron.

Leftists in the 1960s? Name three. Here's a hint: Leftists were not Klan members. they were definitely not White Southern politicians.

But, in your world, it would not be surprising to read that you think the Freedom Riders were all Conservative activists. Folks from Ivy League schools and the Southern baptist Leadership Convention and Students for a Democratic Society were all rock ribbed Conservatives? What is it with you idiots? Every time a bad guy is mentioned you circle the wagons and call him a Leftist? Can't you grasp that the true evil, the true obstructionists in the 1950s, 60s, 70s and right down to this day were Conservatives protecting what they saw as their 'heritage' and 'culture?
you really should not talk about history with you being so wrong about it.
well argued! next time, bring facts.

You know nothing of politics. Even less about Wallace, Maddox, Thurmond and Connor. and incredibly even less about American history. You, madame, are a moron.

Leftists in the 1960s? Name three. Here's a hint: Leftists were not Klan members. they were definitely not White Southern politicians.

But, in your world, it would not be surprising to read that you think the Freedom Riders were all Conservative activists. Folks from Ivy League schools and the Southern baptist Leadership Convention and Students for a Democratic Society were all rock ribbed Conservatives? What is it with you idiots? Every time a bad guy is mentioned you circle the wagons and call him a Leftist? Can't you grasp that the true evil, the true obstructionists in the 1950s, 60s, 70s and right down to this day were Conservatives protecting what they saw as their 'heritage' and 'culture?

OK I'll name 3, Robert Byrd, Al Gore Sr, and WEB Dubois, do I win a prize?

The facts are that they were democrats

Do you believe it is constitutionally/legally/conceptually/morally acceptable to...

...Limit the gun rights of law-abiding citizens because a negligible minority might shoot up a theater?
...Limit the religious rights of law-abiding muslims because a negligible minority might fly an airliner into a skyscraper?

If you believe one is acceptable but not the other, please explain, in detail the difference.

=== EDIT===

Thus far, the only person to admit having a (typically liberal) double standard on this issue is Nosmo King:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...tions-of-the-tiny-minority-7.html#post5684662

I added his response to the poll as he did not have the courage to do so.

As much as I would love to take away guns, it is unfair to punish the majority for the actions of the minority. I voted that both options are wrong.

The facts are that they were democrats
So, in your depths of understanding history, Democrat=Liberal all the time and has since the founding of the Party? Really? You're that ignorant of history?

Is it true then, if youre understanding of history is valid, that Republican=Conservative all the time too?

Gather 'round children and learn facts before you show your ass on this board again!

Ever notice it is never about more freedom with progressives??? It is always about less freedom unless it is about molesting kids or killing babies.
When and where has the Right Wing been in the avant garde concerning rights? Worker protection? Tell me why the Right has done everything to restrict worker's rights and protections. Environmental stewardship? The Right wouldn't mind more pollution if it enhanced a corporate bottom line, in spite of the consequences. Civil rights? Unless you want us all to believe George Wallace, Lester Maddox, Strom Thurmond and Sheriff "Bull" Connor were all tie-dyed kumbaya singing Liberals, you have a tough sell. Women's rights? I suppose Phyllis Shlaffly was a paid operator on the Left simply muddying up the argument for the ERA. Gay rights? C'mon! Where's the Conservative support for that?

Face it, the Conservative movement is all about repression. Consistently on the wrong side of the historical curve, driving forty in the passing lane with the turn signal stuck on.

You would not know Justice if it bit you in the Ass. You are about Statist Progressive Government Control. You do not Recognize Liberty, not for what it is, Nosmo, You are too busy suppressing it.

you wouldn't know liberty if it bit you on the arse and told you its life story...

Conservative does not fit the republican agenda or they would not always be the party creating the biggest government through handing welfare to the wealthy and borrowing to pay for their energy wars.

Bush showed us the real meaning of conservative now it's time for real patriots to fix what the "conservatives broke."
:lol:
Another useful idiot rears his ugly head.

"Another useful idiot rears his ugly head" This is very true so why do you insist on embarrassing yourself like this.

The only thing you Koch suckers show is your ability to be brainwashed with propaganda.

Conservative does not fit the republican agenda or they would not always be the party creating the biggest government through handing welfare to the wealthy and borrowing to pay for their energy wars.

Bush showed us the real meaning of conservative now it's time for real patriots to fix what the "conservatives broke."
Another useful idiot rears his ugly head.

"Another useful idiot rears his ugly head" This is very true so why do you insist on embarrassing yourself like this.

The only thing you Koch suckers show is your ability to be brainwashed with propaganda.
I'll bet you think people take you seriously.

So this punishment because of a tiny minority does not apply to voter ID laws only to gun laws, right?

Way to be consistent :thup:

I bet you think you traitors are not being recorded and will have a free ride forever.
I bet I won't have to worry about seeing what you "thnk" from this point on.
Another mindles partisan bigot into the pit.

I bet you think you traitors are not being recorded and will have a free ride forever.

Why are you so heavily vested in sucking DNC knobs.........

So this punishment because of a tiny minority does not apply to voter ID laws only to gun laws, right?

Punishment? What punishment? I'm not being "punished" by showing my ID when I go to vote any more than I'm being punished by having to fill out forms and submit to a background check when I purchase a gun. Rather less, in fact, because it takes a lot less time.

Sounds pretty fucking consistent to me. You ascertain that people qualify under gun laws, and you ascertain that people qualify under voter laws.

Perhaps you'd like voter laws to be as restrictive as you wish gun control laws to be?

Way to be consistent :thup: :eusa_whistle:

Lesse:
Red herring: 1
Answer to the question: 0

I guess your outrage when it comes to rights is as selective as your memory

Carrying your little analogy even further, what you and your ilk are suggesting to combat spree shootings - making it harder for EVERYONE to own guns - would (if we're being "consistent") be the equivalent of limiting or taking away everyone's voting rights because a small minority chooses to vote fraudulently. Because hey, if there was no voting, then there couldn't be any voter fraud, right?

Forum List

Back